S|C new Website, Release of SCOPE XITE-1 D and v5.1

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

t_tangent

Re: S|C new Website, Release of SCOPE XITE-1 D and v5.1

Post by t_tangent »

widy wrote:
pwhitmaker wrote:According to the website the 5.1 should be able to download the 9:th of dec, but its still not there?

maybe here
ftp://sonic-core.net/software/scope_5.1_x64/

lg widy

Thanks Widy. Downloading now :)
garyb

Post by garyb »

thanks, Holger!

NTN-NO! i wasn't aiming my comment at you! :lol:
widy

Post by widy »

by the way
-down loaded the new version
- removed the old one 5.1RC2 ( i saved it before to a nother directory also the xtc dll's)
- run the installer
installer shows Scope V5 (was confused, but however ... i clicked next)
install also the xtc mode (only additional dll wrappers )
- restart win

so far so good ..... starting scope . the.about dialog shows now 5.1 2709 x64..... setup the basic enviroments .... looks good
installer works :)

tried to enable xtc mode .. close scope
start reaper ... all new plugins are scanned
and i received the same old errors as i got in RC2
- incompatible preset list on some devices
- tried out miniscope in xtc .. works ... but i can not switch the voice count to zero to free dsp resources (however there is a bybass option in reaper .....) ..i did not any other tests ..

but it seems that they did not realy fix problems which allready exits and known ...however ... i switched back to normal scope mode
and use realinserts for synths and effects .... i did not see any real changes ... and it works fine for me
(only effects as insert ... play real time and play a recored version .. there is 0 samples drift )
(on synths i got a midi jitter of +-50 samples on 48 khz ... but this is ok for me ...and i think this is a reaper problem )
.. reaper and real inserts are the same as the xtc mode with the + that i can route what ever i want .. and i can use modular without renaming dll's and rescan dll folders ...

however for me it works fine at the moment .... but i did not test large scope projects ... i will se at weekend what happens

lg widy
lg widy
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

:)

Now more weird things are happening at the shop :)

My shopping cart, which includes 5.1 plus Mod IV has suddenly increased its prize from 196 euro to 225 euro :) I removed the items and browsed to the Xmas specials again, they are now 108 euro for 5.1 and 116 euro for Mod IV :D

I hope they iron this out pretty quick so i can use my cards again, I've apparently expired my beta key 2 times now and don't want to hassle them for another as long as they are ironing out the underlying problems.

I really hope to be making some mod iv patches this week, I've played with the beta and I'm pretty anxious to get back patching :D
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
sonicstrav

Post by sonicstrav »

I don't really see the point of this new Xite-1 D. I've had a Scope Pro card for nearly 6 years now - it's old now, so when I upgrade, it will be the full Xite-1 with 64-bit Windows etc. Scope is an expensive, niche product, but is actually very good value compared to ProTools systems etc. It's better to pay the extra bit and get the full product, rather than a cut down 60% version.

There have been some comments regarding prices etc. SC can charge what they like and they have a unique product developed by a very small development team that need to charge those prices to make it worthwhile as a business - I'm sure they are not making a fortune out of it.

Of course, users can ditch Scope and go the VST route - that's up to them, but there is a lot of flexibility that's lost even though some of the latest high-end VSTs are getting very close in sound quality to Scope (but you will never get a modular as good! )
ARCADIOS

Post by ARCADIOS »

scope 5.1 works fine.....

EXCEPT... it is not 64bit. it just works on 64bit windows.

XTC mode only works in 32bit daws :(
as you can see in task manager it is ...scope.exe32

we have to wait i guess for a real 64bit application.
Fluxpod

Post by Fluxpod »

stardust wrote:Hallo Holger und SC Team,

nice to see you alive and kicking.
Even nicer to see you reading the user forum.

I was willing to thank you for the new version but you made me hesitate with your latest post.

So what is this 5.1 2709 now about ?

For XITE:
Are there any improvements over 2617 from last year ?
Could you be so kind to be specific what the differences are in the XP 32bit version?
Is the VSTIM/XTC mode now usable in XP 32bit with better load distribution and manual DSP assignment ?
Is the only difference the introduction of the W7 64bit support ?
Are there any bugs fixed in XP 32bit version ?

For PCI:
What is the difference between 2617 and 2709 in XP 32bit ?

I am really not clear whether I should go for 2709 or not in XP 32bit, so it would be nice to know if I can expect improvements with an update.

Thanks for reading and an answer.

kind regards - stardust

+1! And thanks for writing that in a more clear way then i did.
This really needs an answer.
lagoausente

Post by lagoausente »

sonicstrav wrote: There have been some comments regarding prices etc. SC can charge what they like and they have a unique product developed by a very small development team that need to charge those prices to make it worthwhile as a business - I'm sure they are not making a fortune out of it.
Of course, I can ask my boss to double my salary "becauseIworthit" .
In life we all are interdependent, even we don´t like that at all. We are accustomed to be egocentric,
Man is the only animal that trips twice with the same stone, and who forget their past are condemned to repeat it are to ideas I should keep in mind.
lagoausente

Post by lagoausente »

ARCADIOS wrote:scope 5.1 works fine.....

That´s strange, S/C told that STS sampler now has not memory limit, only limited by PC. If it´s a real 32bit will be limited to 4GB and that should be appling a LAA tool to the exe.
I can try it yet since I´m waiting for RAM chips.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Check the ftp. site for some new goodies.
Modular IV Manual is available, and for the x64 XITE-1/Mod IV guys, you need to copy over all of the new modules and VST Clock Folder.
Old folder copy/paste won't work if you're coming from 2707/08.

Ankyu Julian..... :wink:
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:Check the ftp. site for some new goodies.
Modular IV Manual is available, and for the x64 XITE-1/Mod IV guys, you need to copy over all of the new modules and VST Clock Folder.
Old folder copy/paste won't work if you're coming from 2707/08.

Ankyu Julian..... :wink:
uh, I can't find the ModIV manual into FTP folders... where is it???? :roll:
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
bosone

Post by bosone »

what's this???
can you confirm that i can run it in win7 64 bit using 8 GB ram?
i'm not interested in STS sampler or ctx mode, just be sure to be able to use SFP in standard way with sonar 8.5 in 64 bit mode with a i7 quad core! :-|

first i will buy scope, then in 2011 the new pc w/win7 64 bit
pwhitmaker

Post by pwhitmaker »

You people that got 5.1 running.
Which keyfile are you using?
I cant use my 5.0 one.
And Sonic-core havent yet sent me a new one.
ARCADIOS

Post by ARCADIOS »

bosone wrote:

what's this???
i'm not interested in STS sampler or ctx mode, just be sure to be able to use SFP in standard way with sonar 8.5 in 64 bit mode with a i7 quad core! :-|

first i will buy scope, then in 2011 the new pc w/win7 64 bit
it works in 7 64bit.
in sfp mode you can open sonar 8.5 64bit.
in XTC mode you can open only sonar 32bit... and also other software that run 64bit can not see the scope engine if it is not on normal SFP mode.
another example that i had the same issue was synthogy ivory2 which is 64bit. works only in sfp mode.

in fact scope 5.1 is "half 64bit" capable.
XTC mode does not work with 64bit applications.
spacef

Post by spacef »

bosone wrote: what's this???
it means scope should access a max of 4GB ram in w7x64. It means that any 32 bits apps in a 64bits OS can access 4GB of ram for itself (it already makes a big difference in the number of plugs loadable, compared to XP32, for me at least). by the way, a lot of vst plugin work also in w7x64 as a 32 bits version. sometimes , the 64bit version is simply not working in the 64 bits DAW (i can't tell if this due to the dvelopper of the plugin or due to Cubase) so the daw will access all the ram, but it will be used by either 64 bits or 32bits vst plugins. It happens that some 32bits plugins cannot be loadable by a 64bits DAW, but there is an app/wrapper called Jbridge that allows to load those plugins (only for PC, this is not possible in Macs yet). I haven't needed JBridge yet (in fact, on my setup, only a Cakewalk Rapture LE (32 bits and XP version) that came with a midi keyboard is not compatible with...cubase x64 ... but i haven't tried with JBridge yet (not sure i will eventhough Rapture is very good even the LE version has nice sounds, but well...). it is more than 75% of my vst plugs in Cubase that are 32bits.
posted at the same time as Arcadios (complementary answers :-) )
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
Ben Walker

Post by Ben Walker »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:Modular IV Manual is available.
Great - been waiting for this. Thanks for the heads up.
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

They have fixed the shipping issue, so now shopping works fine :) Just placed an order, got my confirmation mail, hopefully the serials will arrive quickly :)
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
bosone

Post by bosone »

spacef wrote:
bosone wrote:
it means scope should access a max of 4GB ram in w7x64. It means that any 32 bits apps in a 64bits OS can access 4GB of ram for itself (it already makes a big difference in the number of plugs loadable, compared to XP32, for me at least).
my main stuff in win7 will be:

SFP 5.1
sonar 8.5 (64 bit compatible)
kontakt 3.5 (64 bit compatible)
garritan orchestra 4 with aria player (64 bit compatible)

other "samples based instruments" are:
wusikstation
dimension pro

+ fx plugins and jamstix (reported to work with jbridge)

the big concern is to be able to load samples in K3.5 and with garritan. i think this should not be a problem since all these apps are 64bit ready. and with 8GB i think i will have lots of spare room.

then, all the FX plugins shipped with sonar 8.5 producer should work in 64 bit and i suppose that freewaare vst and vsti could run in 32 but with jbridge with no problem. otherwise i will just stop using them! :) in 4 years i have downloaded tons of freeware stuff i actually never used! :D
spacef

Post by spacef »

one thing I discovered recently, is the meaning of dual channel or triple channel RAM (i am also trying to budget a new cpu for next year, when price go down :-)

Triple channel (for 1366 chipset and i7): means you MUST have multiple of 3 ram bars: ie that's generally 6/12/24 GB of RAM
Dual channel: (better for 1156 and i5 apparently): means you MUST use multiple of 2 ram bars: thats' 4/8/16 GB of ram.

So if you go i7 on X58/LGA 1366, it is advised to begin with 6GB RAM. not 8 which might be compatible and referenced in a 1366 triple channel motherboard manual, but will not be optimized to work on 1366/i7.[/b]. or at least not on the asus motherboards I've been looking into (p6T for example, supports dual channel eventhough it is better to go triple channel).
I went in a shop this week to see what they had and at what price, and i was suprised to discover that the ram i thought i would buy was labbelled "optimized for LGA 1156 and P55 express chipset).... ouch... when upgrading, i will need maximum compatibility and stability....
In that respect, the motherboard manual and references are useless: it is better to select a motherboard and ask the seller what is the best RAM for this MB. They seem to know.
So if you go X58/1366, it is either 6 or 12 GB Ram. May be it is a non issue, but at the price of motherboard and generally upgrade to x64, i think it is better to find THE ram that is adapted to THAT motherboard you choose.
Triple channel RAM is not very expensive nowadays, except if you want the latest of the latest (for 6GB RAM, it is often around 100 euros, so upgrading to 12 - if you ever need - is not very expensive neither and can be done later on). So I suppose it is also important to choose a brand that will still have stocks in 6 monthes / 1 year from your purchase. Only sellers know that (or at least, have hints).

I hope it helps.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
bosone

Post by bosone »

thanks for the useful advices!
actually, we are going slight OT here... but i will probably go for an asus P7P55 (LGA1156), because i need 3 PCI slots