S|C new Website, Release of SCOPE XITE-1 D and v5.1

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

bosone

Re: S|C new Website, Release of SCOPE XITE-1 D and v5.1

Post by bosone »

thanks for the useful advices!
actually, we are going slight OT here... but i will probably go for an asus P7P55 (LGA1156), because i need 3 PCI slots
spacef

Post by spacef »

then 8 GB is probably advised.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

I hope they work late hours at SC today :D

I have my confirmation for the transaction, but I am still waiting for my serials. I dont expect it to be here instantly, they are probably busy people, but i really hope they manage to get it through during today (or tomorrow if they decide to work through the weekend :) )

Anyone had a successful purchase at the new shop yet?
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

I've just received now the serial to activate my new ModularIV :D
They are very busy guys these days ;)
Sadly I can see that there are few demo patches to try... I love to play quick sounds after a new buy!
Anyone know if there is an official set of demo patches around (where is gone the last Xmas competition for ModularIV patches?!?!?!)
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
dante

Post by dante »

You can try these 4 presets. XITE-1/4LIVE made the dev and I copied the patches from Modular 2 'Pad Machine'
Pad Machine IV.zip
Pad Machine IV
(670.33 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
I couldnt find the Xmas comp patches either so porting from Modular 2 then enhancing with new modules is a good way to go.
Fluxpod

Post by Fluxpod »

Fluxpod wrote:
stardust wrote:Hallo Holger und SC Team,

nice to see you alive and kicking.
Even nicer to see you reading the user forum.

I was willing to thank you for the new version but you made me hesitate with your latest post.

So what is this 5.1 2709 now about ?

For XITE:
Are there any improvements over 2617 from last year ?
Could you be so kind to be specific what the differences are in the XP 32bit version?
Is the VSTIM/XTC mode now usable in XP 32bit with better load distribution and manual DSP assignment ?
Is the only difference the introduction of the W7 64bit support ?
Are there any bugs fixed in XP 32bit version ?

For PCI:
What is the difference between 2617 and 2709 in XP 32bit ?

I am really not clear whether I should go for 2709 or not in XP 32bit, so it would be nice to know if I can expect improvements with an update.

Thanks for reading and an answer.

kind regards - stardust

+1! And thanks for writing that in a more clear way then i did.
This really needs an answer.
Ping.
lagoausente

Post by lagoausente »

I understand why are guys that usually get angry.
Only some days ago I contacted S/C to can test the Beta. They told me since the 5.1 release was inminent I could buy the 5.0 update and I could get the 5.1 for free next days. I payed 198 euro, next days the offer was 159 for same thing. First blow.
I was interested on 64 bit version to can use more Ram for samplers, so I asked them about STS and they replied me exactly:
" the limitation was coming from Windows XP, on Win 7 64 Bit you can have as much as your PC can."

Fine, I thought. I was using some pianos at 500mb and 600mb on STS on 4.0 SFP till now with no problems. Today have installed 5.1 PCI version on Windows 7 64 bit. I got around 10-12 Blue Screens of Death till I simply get tired. Tried all STS versions with same result.
Only very little instruments from Akai work. Many instruments of 500mb that I have been playing ok on SFP 4.0 simply dont load, Scope closes and a message appearse "abnormal termination of... bla bla bla" I only could load a piano of 650 mb, it only sounded on the right channel, and got Blue Screen of Death after a minute.
That´s awesome isn´t? In any product over the world I could return it and get back my money, but now I can´t. Simply many of you will come and say "ohh" I don´t use STS, or..mmm 64 bit why so much ram? Well, it may be true, but in that case, will S/C return my money back and I´ll continue using 4.0? It´s simply grotesque. Now my doubts about getting Xite-D or Xite-1 are gone. I can understand that a sofware is not finished, but cannot accept they lie me telling I´ll can get STS work with no memory limit while cannot use it at all. I got blue screen of death even just conecting and disconnecting the sampler outputs to the mixer.
garyb

Post by garyb »

there are many possible reasons why that is happening, only some of them might be Scope's fault. obviously, you're using the program in administrator mode...
mausmuso

Post by mausmuso »

Sadly, I also get BSOD's when I load STS's on 5.1 (Win 7 64Bit, XITE-1 version)
We all need a dose of patience and I am sure it will evantually be rewarded.
lagoausente

Post by lagoausente »

mausmuso wrote:Sadly, I also get BSOD's when I load STS's on 5.1 (Win 7 64Bit, XITE-1 version)
We all need a dose of patience and I am sure it will evantually be rewarded.
I dont need patiente, I want S/C have listed cleary what things work ok and what ones don't, so I'll can decide if I want or not to upgrade. It's unfair that they told me that Sts has no memory limit anymore while it doesn't work even like before.
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

The new site looks very nice, just need to sort out the english a bit and fully translate each page.

5.1 for free for Xite-1 Owners.. Excellent stuff. :)

The help/faq documentation is a nice addition as well.

Much respect to Holger and the S|C Team. Making music just wouldn't be the same without your products.

Anyone moaning about there being no entry level into the scope world. All i can say is.

SCOPE 3DSP PCI Card.

http://sonic-core.net/joomla.soniccore/ ... 22&lang=us

Also anyone moaning about charges or prices. Deal with it. It's life and the stuff is worth every penny.
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Regarding the price rise (if it even happens on street price at the end), I do not feel the explanation could be production cost increase as the components are sold in USD and USD still is low compared to €.

I feel the software design cost would be a much more acceptable explanation as this IS also quite time consumming and time is money just because driver design change with Win version (remember much over software is not compatible with new OS and you often also have to pay for an upgrade at that point).

If you look back to when the first Scope card was design, you still feel this boards where well-thought as they still work 13 years after which is quite surprising in computer technology.

The only reasons why one could be pushed to upgrade to Xite are:
- DSP hunger !!!
- PCI slot disappearing from PC Mainboards
- mobile use and live use

The way the Xite-1 is design is even more futur proof as if the PCIe disappear from computer mainboards, S|C would probably "only" have to redesign a new adaptation board. This is just clever.

My 2 cents

CheerZ
sonicstrav

Post by sonicstrav »

Where is the Modular IV manual...I can't find it anywhere :cry: :cry: :cry:
sonicstrav

Post by sonicstrav »

lagoausente wrote:I understand why are guys that usually get angry.
Only some days ago I contacted S/C to can test the Beta. They told me since the 5.1 release was inminent I could buy the 5.0 update and I could get the 5.1 for free next days. I payed 198 euro, next days the offer was 159 for same thing. First blow.
Maybe you could have contacted SC first about this and give them a chance to do something, than mention it here - I do think you would have had a good response from them - I've found SC do want to please their users (obviously, only to a certain extent!)
lagoausente

Post by lagoausente »

Tried the 5.1 on Xp 32 bits, STS programs don´t load, abnormal termination,
The only one that loads seems to work but is missing samples, ¿?

Have just emailed them, I really don´t have faith at all. They asured me STS worked with no memory limit and result is that it don´t work on 64 bit but also don´t work on 32 bit. Only very little programs from akai seem to work.
The guy that told "pay for a driver" seems to have reason. The mainly soft I got with the 5.1 MM2 and SS2 I already have it with the card. I didn´t check yet the other bugs, but paying for having less funcionality then before seems more than frustrating.

The only advantage (if is), that can use native samplers without memory limit. But at the end I could be done that with any other souncard with a 64 bit driver for free.
sonicstrav

Post by sonicstrav »

To be honest I would use Kontakt......the STS samplers are archaic and ok only for a muck around once and a while...I'm quite tempted by that Independence Pro 3 deal with 70 GB samples for around 80 quid............

BTW Where is the f---g Mod IV manual??? :cry: :P :lol:
maky325

Post by maky325 »

sonicstrav wrote:To be honest I would use Kontakt......the STS samplers are archaic and ok only for a muck around once and a while...I'm quite tempted by that Independence Pro 3 deal with 70 GB samples for around 80 quid............

BTW Where is the f---g Mod IV manual??? :cry: :P :lol:
STS is paid and advertised as working one(which in reality isn't entirely true - not to mention multicore bug when working with STS i reported as well and SC confirmed two years ago yet nothing is fixed regarding this).

Surely you do realize angry of that person. Suggesting to use Kontakt is ok since it is becoming standard sampler among industry regarding format etc. but your suggestion is two side knife. Kontakt is another investment as well. New learning curve etc.
Polarity

Post by Polarity »

So, the bugs/problems on 64bit are XTC Mode, STS samplers and SFP autostart when opening Windows? All things that I don't use.
Are Digital Audio Soft plugs working fine?

I don't have Windows 7 yet (I was waiting to have working 64bit Scope Drivers),
I was considering to buy it during this period, when I read of the imminent release of the 64bit driver.
Unfortunately I missed the RC2 (the one at 64 bit, right?)...
and now I discover I have to pay for a TRY and see IF it works.
I wasn't expecting this: before I thought it would have been free for people with Scope 4.5 or 5.0
Yes, I know 5.1 have bundled plugins, but part I have them already or part really I don't need...

Is it still possible to have the Release Candidate (with a limited time authorization),
so I could try on my forthcoming Windows 7 64bit installation?
And so after all is checked get the upgrade?

Thanks in advance.
All the best.

PS: forgotten: how much will be the 5.1 upgrade after Christmas Offer ends?
dawman

Post by dawman »

If I were Lago I would be upset too.
But Kontakt 4.1 has done this to me after I was assured old libraries and instruments would work. 2 of my favorite instruments shut down while playing and go into demo mode, and I am told it's my fault. So I spend hours listening to their support guys directions and re install after regedit, etc. Then I am told after another week of waiting for an email that in another week I can now go to level 2 support and find a fix.......
I just take it on the chin and find a replacement.
I blame microsoft for this crap. I only really need 4-6GB's of RAM and 32bit XP and now Windows 7 seems to leak out tricks once enought copies are sold by MS on how to use more RAM, etc. Even Kontakt has NCW compression tricks with lossless audio for smaller RAM and storage footprints.
So this whole 64bit crap has really kept companies from polishing up their 32bit apps, costed me money for new hardware, etc.etc.
I think that 2 years of wasted time from forum cackling about more RAM has caused more grief than necessary.
The more pipes in the plumbing the more problems.
Now that we have been seduced, coerced and forced into this 64bit crap, we should take our beatings and move on.
When 128bit trickery arrives they can suck my butt.
lagoausente

Post by lagoausente »

Thanks for your suggestions.
The main issue using Kontakt is if I use it inside Cubase. At the lowes latency ULLI 3ms I have no drops, but ocasionally a note is delayed. In general seems that playing Kontakt inside Cubase feels "slower" than playing it standalone. On standalone I have perfect feelin of timing, quick response low latency, but then I must start using VDAT for my recordings.

I know that STS is not used by many guys, but to live playing feels very rock solid, and is not dificult to convert a giga library to STS. The problem was sts could not load more than 650 on xp,now no working.
Just import the instrument to Halion, (giga or any other), on the right list you can save each layer quickly and easy to a diferent fxp program. Then go to Extreme sample converter to convert each separate layer, and that´s all, you can load now each layer on STS. (I don´t mean velocity layers, I mean "note on" "sustain" "realease")
The main problem of STS for people was the memory limit and the doesn´t import directly giga or nki libraries. But playing with it inside Scope you have the full advangate of no matter of latencies, cpu loads, drops and can route directly inside Scope to Asio so record the multiple STS audio ouputs for example on a drum.

Regarding 64 bits is not that bad, on XP you can only see 3GB on SP3 even you have more RAM, and could only use 1.5GB in reality to apps. On win7 64 bit, you can load till 4GB for each 32 bit app, so 4GB for Kontakt, 4GB for BFD etc.., what´s more than enough and adequate.
Now I should like to know if you have any suggestion regarding replace Cubase. I think Cubase uses too much resources and that´s when playing samplers inside it are not as quick as standalone. So do you know any alternative with much less cpu load? Just a audio tape recorder and VST host for samplers.
Other idea should be using VDAT, here it should be nice a VST host linked through Asio Point protocol to control the position on the song on the VST Host. Any idea?
Last edited by lagoausente on Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.