wolf audio design - no shop closing & thank you

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

wolf

wolf audio design - no shop closing & thank you

Post by wolf »

Dear users of scope,

it seems like I'm urged to close down my shop with the end of this year.

Background is that this shop is hosted in Germany, where a new law will be introduced.
This law is intended to protect humans which haven't reached 18 years (which initially sounds good).
However this law will urge me to name a "Jugendschutzbeauftragter" (a guy, who is officially delegated to protect the youth humans below us) on my website, which will cost me 4000 Euro per year, although my content is in no way endangering the youth.
To make it clear I don't even earn a fourth of that amount per year by selling my devices.
If I don't name a "Jugendschutzbeauftragter", I could face a sentence up to 500000 Euro.
I don't see a way to get around that beside hosting my website in a different country.

I'm very sorry for that and the really bad decisions, the Germans are doing.
This does not only harm my bussiness, but far more important lots of blogs and other cultural activities in the german community.
I really feel like we are back in middle age, where people are peaching on other people. We (germans) already locked out our great and vast amount of culture 80 years ago and we never regained it. I have the deep feeling this is now happening worldwide, where the bashing on arabic culture (whole europe would be nothing and nowhere without it) becomes standard more and more. As musician I'm crying about that massive loss & ignorance of culture and my tears are right now dropping down on the keys, I'm writing this text on currently (they really drop and it doesn't stop). And I sure know, that it's not only the germans which do that bad. We are going back in time all over the world and forget, what we have learned. It does hurt me a lot.

Sorry, I lost the path a bit .. I was never that emotional, even while some morons tried to put me down right here at PlanetZ.
Yes I will close down my shop if this law will become reality, since I need to protect myself.
Again, I'm very sorry for this .. it was never my plan to shut down. I adviced customers to buy devices from other developers as soon as I've recognized, that my stuff is not sufficient for them. I want everyone to reach the best he can with all his heart and soul. This was and is the very basic reason, why my stuff is that cheap. I don't need to sell devices.
However my bad feeling is that the people turn back to middle age and earlier .. and so does the whole earth.

Yes, we are developing back and unfortunately I don't see a way to prevent this.
I am very sorry for this (and of course for closing my shop).

Wolfgang
Last edited by wolf on Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
garyb

Re: wolf audio design - shop closing

Post by garyb »

yes, all part of the 2.0 improvements we've been fighting here in the US as well. if all countries seem to be pushing the same legislation, what does that mean? surely business could be done by email still? i'd be happy to host a site for you. i'd help if i could, you provide devices available nowhere else.
wolf

Post by wolf »

garyb wrote:yes, all part of the 2.0 improvements we've been fighting here in the US as well. if all countries seem to be pushing the same legislation, what does that mean?
Nothing else that politicians are not worse or better than the rest.
Maybe you know the slogan "the fish stinks from the head" (or similar). I don't see it like that. It's the whole body, that's emitting bad smell.
surely business could be done by email still? i'd be happy to host a site for you. i'd help if i could, you provide devices available nowhere else.
Yeah, of course ordering via email will be always possible. A website is better.
Thanks for your generous offer !!
Of course you know this is not just a "copy & paste" thingie :)
I still have a very little hope, this law won't pass (although right today it's nearly gone). I'll contact you asap (I'm suposed to start working in .. arrh, well .. 3 hours .. and didn't sleep until now, argh).
spacef

Post by spacef »

uuuh??, what is this stupid law ? :-o
i hope it doesn't propagate over here in FR (would be the same consequences i suppose)...4000 euros ? I don't imagine that there is not something in that law that says you can avoid to pay whatever... that would be really stupid (and would mean there is not much deserved future for human kind..)... good luck !
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

I assume this sort of service isn't relevant? http://www.jugendschutzbeauftragte.net/

(My German girlfriend spotted it, after I mentioned your post to her)
King of Snake

Post by King of Snake »

dawman

Post by dawman »

Wolf don't let this happen without a fight.
Where can I make some noise about this..?
I would happy to prove what a valuable place this is, and these guys can surely cut their spending elsewhere before they go " protecting " the citizens again....

This Is A Crime......
wolf

Post by wolf »

Hi guys,

thanks a lot for your sympathies & support !!

w_ellis: thanks for the hint, but the website you mention is one of the forces behind that stupid law. For sure I don't want to blow them money into their back. Beside this site doesn't really look trusty if I read their text and they simply want to make money. Protecting anything doesn't seem to be in their interest, only money, money, money.
Thanks to Mr. Snake as well, this is the same in a different color :-/

I still don't really know, if I'm even affected.
This new law is written in such a bad and unclear way, that each lawyer here tells you something completely different.

It says "content offerers, whose content could disturb the development of children or youth to responsible and collective humans, have to take care, that their content is not available for humans below 18"

Cool so far .. for sure my stuff is in no way disturbing any development (although it could .. well .. in some for me uncomprehensible way)

However a little bit later in the law, the area of affected content providers is widened to each and everyone, who is providing content (commercial providers anyway ?) and not only to i.e. shops selling dildos.

Mehdi, I really hope this isn't swapping over to you. It's sooooooo stupid and backwards.
The worst thing is that people here think "Oh, great .. finally something is done to protect our children" while even a pic or text, which has only the slightest possibility to disturb childrens development becomes forbidden. And the greatest thing here is that i.e. big news providers of course are not affected by this because of 'public interest'. They still can show really disturbing pics (and these pics do even disturb me !). People are so misinformed and stupid sometimes ..
After all this stupid & and completely unneeded terrorism hysteria we now got stupid childp*rn internet hysteria while in churches children are misused for years without any consequences .. I can't express how all of this disturbs my and others development.

Jimmy, come over and hit everyone with a bunch of your pics :)

Sorry for moaning ..
at0m

Post by at0m »

Hey wolf, if it can serve as a heads up: been talking to a .de friend who's hosting loads of sites, and he said it indeed does not concern websites like yours, since your content cannot be called disturbing in any way - as you quote above. OTOH, better reassure yourself, since you're the one liable in the end, eh. But I wouldn't bother too much :)
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
firubbi

Post by firubbi »

don't loose hope.
lagoausente

Post by lagoausente »

firubbi wrote:don't loose hope.

It's not time to surrender nor to be skeptical. Fight!

http://www.syti.net/Topics.html
http://www.google.es/m/search?site=imag ... %20jackson
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

This is very painfull to read. I don't see why country's try to pass silly laws like this wich only hurts the whole country (people and Government) in the longrun aswell as effect the rest of the world who will no longer be able to download and read from many German sites. I hope you find a way to keep developing and contributing to the SCOPE platform if this law passes (such as Gary's offer). Would be VERY terrible for many of us if you did'nt. Your devices are very low priced with very high quality compared to other plugins i've tried. And you've always struck me as a good person. All the best!

EDITED
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

I can host as well....
Joel
at0m

Post by at0m »

So, apart from conspiracy theories and companies offering Jugendschutzbeauftragter certification, is there any links to official requirements/legislation pages?
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
garyb

Post by garyb »

what another wonderful profit making opportunity, protecting us from ourselves!
lagoausente

Post by lagoausente »

stardust wrote: Like usual there are lots of wafflers and paranoids around that know everything after reading 3 panicking websites.
[/url]
I´m already accustomed to attitudes of superiority, it maybe was a bit frustrating 10 years ago, but it starts to be funny now.
The two links are very old. Yes, then was theories, now are in the News. Just need to keep informed and have a look around:
http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php ... d-currency
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/econ ... rkets.html
http://www.unctad.org/Templates/webflye ... 397&lang=1
http://www.google.es/#hl=es&biw=1280&bi ... 968df825a2

I could give and many people can give you tons of actual accurate information, but I´m confess I´m too lazy to try to convince anybody. You may will be an "insider" so have not to worry about nothing. Yes, "insiders" and "outsiders" is term that some economists are using now on interviews, some of them have predicted the 2008-2010 crisis with 5 years of antelation, and casually works physically on the same place of one member of the Bilderberg group...
But you are free to select the music you like to hear, it´s the advantage of digital world.
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

It's official...you are an idiot...
Joel
dawman

Post by dawman »

Whoever keeps Wolf's Shop open is my Hero.
That's my concern.
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

stardust wrote:
netguyjoel wrote:It's official...you are an idiot...
I expected a +1 from you ;)
But now you bring a self generated piece of impudence.
congrats
I pride myself in honesty.
What the fuck do you know about me, and furthermore....what the fuck would EVER make you think I would EVER give an underachieved, over opinionated, immature, school BOY like you, the fucking time of day.
1. You are a child
2. I am an adult.
3. You are not successful in life yet.
4. I am.
5. Do you own any land or property?
6. Can you build you own house?
7. Do you have a REAL working relationship with ANY hardware manufacturers?
8. Do you even own 1/10th the amount of gear I own?

You pride yourself in challenging others, and pretending to know something about people you know NOTHING about.
It just goes to prove....you will all ways be just another idiot, with a very poor judge of character...a quality you surely are deficient in... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I want wolf to succeed.....nothing more....nothing less....
Joel
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

Its hard to stay on topic, i see!
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.