XITE-1 e - more than a rumour ?

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

kylie
Rank-o-phile

XITE-1 e - more than a rumour ?

Post by kylie »

hi all,

when I was shopping in our supermarket this evening I came across a special issue of the german recording magazine (the one that already did a review of the xite-1) called recording market.
basically it is a compiled version of several articles issued in this years magazine plus a market overview of different types of music gear.
I was about to put it back when I stumbled over what looked like a reissue of the old xite review. it is, most certainly, but there was one difference that had almost gone unnoticed...

there was the usual price declaration (XITE-1, ~3300 (I think) AND a second line that read XITE-1 e, ~2400 (I think), no front connectors and less DSP)
(I did not buy that magazine just because of that article, since I have the normal issues already, so this is just what I believe to remember)

did anybody hear of that obviously cut down version of a XITE? obviously this magazine knows more than SCs own website.

-greetings, markus-
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
garyb

Re: XITE-1 e - more than a rumour ?

Post by garyb »

well.....
that article might be just a little bit premature and i couldn't promise anything to be true until an S|C release. you'll have to read into my words as you please, perhaps S|C would give more info if you asked.
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

There has been many speculations, in that realm, but I agree...I will be up to S|C to announce and confirm that. :wink:
Joel
dawman

Post by dawman »

I'll confirm it for you.
Just send me a couple large and I'll hook you up.......................Ankyu. :D

This is no surprise really. We've all speculated before and while many folks wanted something cheaper it was only a matter of time.
Just like Intel releases its unlocked multiplier CPU to get a feel for the market, Soniccore follows the same path wisely.

The external hardware w/ a PCI-e connector has been tested and used under the pressure of a live scenario for 17 months now by me, so hopefully those who don't need the DI's and mic pres' can begin to enjoy it.
A wise decision I might add as who knows what the future of Computers will bring. So just upgrading an OS and possibly changing a cheap connection in the future seems wise, and the design can expand free from the slavery of Intel and others charging ahead.

I really think these guys have done an excellent job by staying as Pro Audio as possible.
There's a flooded market full of consumer controllers, virtual synths and gadgets.
I am a proud owner of real hardware that will last the tests of time.

So jump in for the big win.
Personally I think the DI's and mic pres are crucial for a mobile rig, but how many guys do gigs these days...?
So for the guys who have decent hardware mics amd mic pres, this really is good news.

Cheers To Mein Brudas for having a pair between thier legs and not buckling to the cacklings of the virtual world where nobody has a face or name.
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

Jesus H freakin Christ Jimmy....way to go man...
Joel
lagoausente

Post by lagoausente »

i want one.
StefanS

Post by StefanS »

Me too.
Hypersonix

Post by Hypersonix »

Me three.
Well I have got 3 free pcie slots ;)
Fede

Post by Fede »

I hope they keep the preamps in the cut-down version.
IMO the vast majority of home-studio users (like me) will want an "all in one box" single device with less extra power rather than without i/os.

Just my thoughts
Fede
vascomusic

Post by vascomusic »

True !
dawman

Post by dawman »

I have stopped using my FMR RNP mic pres and just use the XITE-1's.
They also double as excellent DI's too.
So the XITE-1 w/ and A16U and an i7 laptop is a killer rig.
Having less DSP but retaining the I/O's would be wise, and as I stated everything is high quality. Even the 6 Ohm headphone out is strong enough to run IEM's or headphone amplifiers.
These guys don't make cheap gear, it's just not in their nature.
Untitled.jpg