ScopeRise Now Live Needs Subscribers

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

dante

Re: ScopeRise Now Live Needs Subscribers

Post by dante »

Bi-monthly bump:

November 2013 issue coming soon - subscribe now !

Pre-release bump - coming ScopeRise #21. Well it seems we don't have to wait for Scope 6 to get into Copperlan (dunno how I got that idea) - get into it NOW - star feature by Sunmachine leads the way. As well as Sunmachine we have Time-machine - another nostalgia trip but with mucho audio from the eighties. Ray from dNa is back again (always a welcome addition) and so is the illustrious John Bowen with a movie going adventure. Soren Jepson breaks some iPad control ground with an SDK ARP-synth-alike and Roland Kuit's famous electronic pioneers series gets the ScopeRise treatment. We also take a look at some online session talent -want an awesome lead vocal or instrumental solo on your latest track ? Session rates have never been better and all online (bedroom warriors like ures truly don't have to venture outside their batcave :lol: ) ! Lastly some tips from ye olde Creamware hall of documentation for those who might be resurrecting their old PCI card setup (or purchased second hand).

A couple of subscribers didn't receive last time - PM ME IF THIS HAPPENS !

Edition #20 viewable here : http://www.hitfoundry.com/
Last edited by dante on Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
View ScopeRise latest issue at www.hitfoundry.com
neuromantik

Post by neuromantik »

dawman wrote:MODULAR...yes.
There can never be enough articles on Modular... I for one, would love to read some material regarding ModIV -> Silent Way -> HW Modular integration (I know there is a thread on it here but I must be dumb cause it's hard to decrypt :P

Looking forward to the new HF ;)
dante

Post by dante »

Well if you point me to it I might be able to decrypt by asking some questions, then updating ScopeRise article about silentway or modular.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Great new release. Great interviews and just an all around nice issue.
Modular geeks rejoice.
ShogunSpy

Post by ShogunSpy »

Thanks really enjoyed reading this...I am in the process of sound treating my studio and found some solid advice ! Keep up the good work
dante

Post by dante »

AUGUST 2013 EDITION COMING UP !!

Could be some activity from Musikmesse, Ray from dNa gives us an in-depth on the MasterCOMP but also on life, tube amps and the state of the music industry. We revisit a couple of Scope classics - the Plate Reverb (itself based on a classic hardware gear) and a Vocoder. Some recommended listening from oldies strolling down classic rock memory lane, handy links to Scope User Manuals and Erminardi's free Maximizer.

We also attack the dreaded 64 bit workstation upgrade jitters with a strategy on how to make it easier and not burn bridges.
Eanna

Post by Eanna »

As always Dante, looking forward to reading the next installment...

Thanks man.
Not because it is easy, but because it is hard...
dante

Re: ScopeRise Now Live Needs Subscribers - dNa on the RISE !

Post by dante »

Thanks Eanna.

In doing so, you will get a small but interesting insight of what is in the works from dNa - new plugs coming up !!
wouterz

Re: ScopeRise Now Live Needs Subscribers - upcoming dNa plug

Post by wouterz »

I'm looking forward to the dNa multi-fx processor :)
Eanna

Post by Eanna »

Dante, thank you for attaching a link to the current Sonic Core offer at the end of the Scope Rise email!
http://www.sonic-core.net/newsletter/ns ... offer.html

Amazing deal!
I'm delighted!

Not sure how I don't get the newsletter informing me of Sonic Core offers like this?

Looking forward to tucking into this ScopeRise issue tonight. Always an entertaining and informative read...

Cheers, Eanna
Not because it is easy, but because it is hard...
Roland Kuit

Post by Roland Kuit »

Great work Dante, thanks!
Avant-electronic composer | synthesis research | lecturer
http://www.rolandkuit.com/
sunmachine

Post by sunmachine »

Thanks again, Dante!! Great as always!
The article about Windows 8 will probably come in handy when I will install it on my MacBook Pro once I have an XITE :)
dawman

Post by dawman »

PlateX and MESSE '13 were nice.

Ankyu
dante

Post by dante »

wouterz wrote:I'm looking forward to the dNa multi-fx processor :)
Exactly what drew my attention. If you can create presets that recall all settings across a combination of FX devices via MIDI program change then it could be a sore dick deal for guitarists - sorta like a DSP version of Guitar Rig only crunchier !
dante

Post by dante »

Pre-release bump - coming ScopeRise #21. Well it seems we don't have to wait for Scope 6 to get into Copperlan (dunno how I got that idea) - get into it NOW - star feature by Sunmachine leads the way. As well as Sunmachine we have Time-machine - another nostalgia trip but with mucho audio from the eighties. Ray from dNa is back again (always a welcome addition) and so is the illustrious John Bowen with a movie going adventure. Soren Jepson breaks some iPad control ground with an SDK ARP-synth-alike and Roland Kuit's famous electronic pioneers series gets the ScopeRise treatment. We also take a look at some online session talent -want an awesome lead vocal or instrumental solo on your latest track ? Session rates have never been better and all online ! Lastly some tips from ye olde Creamware hall of documentation for those who might be resurrecting their old PCI card setup (or purchased second hand).
dante

Post by dante »

Bump for 2014 - ScopeRise #22 out soon !

Kicking of with an irreverant review of 2013 and moving onto an update of BC Modular, we progress to more Time Machine 80's nostalgia featuring a Stockhausen interview and coverage from NAMM New Orleans. Then part 2 of Reason integration - now that we can 'MIDI Out' from Reason to drive Scope synths. John from Sur Audio gives some valuable tips on DSP usage including a neato submixing trick and ShayDan shows up with some awesome dub mixing (including live tricks and videos) and we take a peek at one of the recent dNa bundles with Ray.

SUBSCRIBE NOW OUT SOON !
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

Hey, this morning I woke up discovering myself as a sort of PlanetZ "Man of the Year" :lol:

http://www.hitfoundry.com/issue_22/rev_mast.htm
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
hubird

Post by hubird »

:P
i see even my name is there :)
Marco

Post by Marco »

This review of 2013 mirrors me, nice nice. We write the history down, and at last germany survives, no capturing by islamists, but sonic core. . . . and thats good.

Lets go to 2014, where do we go today?

My new idea is, to create a modular module where i can connect 4 synthezisers and controll their appearance by vector controller eg korgs nanopad. You can connect any synth, a scope synh, a vst or your real rig out there in your Studio, or mixed.

how do you like this idea?
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!