PlanetZ@scopeusers.com

Scope Users Community
It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: SpaceF Modular Mixer - Update v 1.09 - Core Install
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:00 pm
Posts: 1277
Location: GLYFADA ATHENS GREECE
XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:
I have to share my latest tip, and it comes from actually using these
mixers as the developer suggest in his numerous well written videos
and tutorals.
The MB7 works best when the dry channel is Bus 1. It then becomes
like the dry part of any effect unit, and can be mixed accordingly.
But I thought I would fatten things up a little so I added the glorious
FAT II-S into the dry channel. Seems like such a waste having such
a useful channel sit empty.
So I tried EQ's and other Dynamic effects and yes they were fun, but
the sound of the FAT II-S is sick.
If you require big sound, it might even help those waspy thin sounding
VST's gain some presence too.
I also have MCCY's Flu_Liq on AUX 1 and SC 5.1 Room on AUX 3.
This is like a giant Mixer/Effects unit combined.
Truly an excellent achievement from SpaceF.

Attachment:
Untitled.jpg



HEY.... you have reached half of Xites1 dsp power..... soon you will need a 2nd Xite?
Seriously now... are Xites1 connectable in order to reach 36 dsp power by using 2 of them?? :D :D

_________________
ELVISLIVES


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: SpaceF Modular Mixer - Version 1.10 update and addons
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2001 4:00 pm
Posts: 2386
changing page.... :-)

spacef wrote:
Here you go

There are a few updates and add-ons, and all is packed in a "Core Install v 1.1" available in the user area.
I think it was worth waiting for that version for a repack. More info on the site
fun vid:
http://www.spacef-devices.com/VIDEOS/SI ... -EDIT.html

Have fun !


info HERE
+ see updated tutorial on sidechaining. i hope it helps.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: SpaceF Modular Mixer - Version 1.10 update and addons
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 4:00 pm
Posts: 512
Location: UK
Thanks again M for your amazing Mixer and all the updates. Really appreciate it :)

Cheers

t_t


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: SpaceF Modular Mixer - Version 1.10 update and addons
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2001 4:00 pm
Posts: 2386
Took an opportunity of having access to scope sdk last week to update the following.

- ADSR modulator: now goes full range and not limited anymore (-inf, +0dB, just like the Sidechainers' adsr)

- Mix5 : Master fader was too high by one pixel. fixed

- SC124: some people reported that the downloaded version was 0 kb. It should be fixed with this release.

Available in the user area on http://www.spacef-devices.com/


Please note it is "normal" that some sidechainers source selector give the choice of more input than the device has. This is to ensure compatibility of presets/projects between different devices. What could be done later is to replace some values by a " -- " sign.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: SpaceF Modular Mixer - Version 1.10 update and addons
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2001 4:00 pm
Posts: 349
Thanks a lot Mehdi,
I really appreciate the flexibility of the Modular Mixer.
regards
maus


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: SpaceF Modular Mixer - Version 1.10 update and addons
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:57 pm
Posts: 1431
I have a new project that reloads consistently on the XITE-1, based on your latest releases. It's 24 channel, 7 pre-fader aux sends and 7 post-fader bus sends with stem mixes. 2 reverbs, 2 computers connected via ASIO and ADAT, outboard analog and digital effects, on-dsp effects, ASIO sends to FX in Ableton Live, one BCR2000 and one BCF2000 to control all of it. Stem mixes for Kick and Snare (plus 5 others) so i can have dedicated compression/distortion on various sources of kicks, and transient designer/gated effects on snares. There are 9 MIDI channels each with 50-120 CC msgs used :) :) 4 presets on each BCx2000...3 for mixing/aux sends, 1 for master/fx control.

Oh, full use of the LFO modulators on each channel, too ;)

That's 16 inputs (mixes of stereo and mono sources from live instruments and two computers) with 7 effect sends (and one more channel so I can grab any signal, do a audio2midi -> KickMeToo! for extra thump where needed).

Modules used to mix:
(3) 4S4H (4stereo, 4 hybrid(mono/st)) Channels (each with 4 modulation inputs)
(1) Stem 247 (main mixing, buses)
(1) Route 247 (aux sends)
(1) Mix7 (Stem mixes, bussed effects)
(1) Modulators (beat sync'd on two lfos, third is not).

I ended up not using the SideChainers yet, since adding the control of each those 24 channels made the use of the BCx2000 too complicated to remember for live use. We'll add those in the future. The programmability of the BCF2000 allowed me to have single button control to route any of 24+8 channels to the Rec outs, so we can cue and/or record loops at will while live. Combined with Serato, we are doing the equivalent of cutting vinyl on stage, and scratching loops we played live just seconds prior. The other button for each channel is for MUTE, not only on each channel (at the input of the chain), but also at the Stems, so the dry instrument can be pulled out leaving only effects live. This is the shit for dub mixing :)

The absolute worst thing? it uses 3 DSPs of the 12 in the XITE-1 before I add my bass rig components :D

It'll hit the stage April 30th ;)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: SpaceF Modular Mixer - Version 1.10 update and addons
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:00 pm
Posts: 12700
Location: PROJECT WINDOW
Man Or Myth.....................SpaceF.

_________________
https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/sets/solaris-demos-1
http://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/sets/sol ... akt-tunes/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: SpaceF Modular Mixer - Version 1.10 update and addons
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:00 pm
Posts: 1287
Location: FRANCE
jksuperstar wrote:
I have a new project that reloads consistently on the XITE-1, based on your latest releases. It's 24 channel, 7 pre-fader aux sends and 7 post-fader bus sends with stem mixes. 2 reverbs, 2 computers connected via ASIO and ADAT, outboard analog and digital effects, on-dsp effects, ASIO sends to FX in Ableton Live, one BCR2000 and one BCF2000 to control all of it. Stem mixes for Kick and Snare (plus 5 others) so i can have dedicated compression/distortion on various sources of kicks, and transient designer/gated effects on snares. There are 9 MIDI channels each with 50-120 CC msgs used :) :) 4 presets on each BCx2000...3 for mixing/aux sends, 1 for master/fx control.

Oh, full use of the LFO modulators on each channel, too ;)

That's 16 inputs (mixes of stereo and mono sources from live instruments and two computers) with 7 effect sends (and one more channel so I can grab any signal, do a audio2midi -> KickMeToo! for extra thump where needed).

Modules used to mix:
(3) 4S4H (4stereo, 4 hybrid(mono/st)) Channels (each with 4 modulation inputs)
(1) Stem 247 (main mixing, buses)
(1) Route 247 (aux sends)
(1) Mix7 (Stem mixes, bussed effects)
(1) Modulators (beat sync'd on two lfos, third is not).

I ended up not using the SideChainers yet, since adding the control of each those 24 channels made the use of the BCx2000 too complicated to remember for live use. We'll add those in the future. The programmability of the BCF2000 allowed me to have single button control to route any of 24+8 channels to the Rec outs, so we can cue and/or record loops at will while live. Combined with Serato, we are doing the equivalent of cutting vinyl on stage, and scratching loops we played live just seconds prior. The other button for each channel is for MUTE, not only on each channel (at the input of the chain), but also at the Stems, so the dry instrument can be pulled out leaving only effects live. This is the shit for dub mixing :)

The absolute worst thing? it uses 3 DSPs of the 12 in the XITE-1 before I add my bass rig components :D

It'll hit the stage April 30th ;)


Any pictures of your setup ?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: SpaceF Modular Mixer - Version 1.10 update and addons
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:08 pm
Posts: 78
Location: Sete (South of France)
Hello Medhi ;-)

Some little bugs here and there (in fact, 2 bugs)
- The B1L (left output for the first bus) is missing in your new R127V
- Third S12 channel: impossible to change the channel color (so important isn't it ? i want my sound to be BLUE or GREEN !!!! :-) )

Hope everything is ok in your new job, life etc ....

Thanks again for these devices!!

DK


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: SpaceF Modular Mixer - Version 1.10 update and addons
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2001 4:00 pm
Posts: 2386
Hi Gatam,
Thanks for the info. Sorry for the bugs.
I will correct this asap (usually, i can work on xp on week ends more easily than during the week , but you never know, may be i can find the time sooner).
Yes, all is fine here.... nothing to complain about :-)
best regards,
Mehdi


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: SpaceF Modular Mixer - Updated to Version 1.11 (06/2012)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2001 4:00 pm
Posts: 2386
Updated and Repacked with all recent updates and add-ons in a single file, + the 2 correction for Gatam 2 post above (except that s12 works very fine, but it is R247 that had the color poti of 3rd channel not active, now fixed).
v 1.11 is available in the user area on spacef-devices.com
as a single zip file of 41.8 MB.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: SpaceF Modular Mixer - Updated to Version 1.11 (06/2012)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:57 pm
Posts: 1431
Thanks for the updates!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: SpaceF Modular Mixer - Updated to Version 1.11 (06/2012)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:00 pm
Posts: 12700
Location: PROJECT WINDOW
I have figured out a new set up where I can use the
top four Bus/AUXs as they will carry PianoTeq Pro
( Upright and Grand, Tubular Cells, Rhodes, Wurlitzer
and Hohner D6 w/ mute per note, LASS 2.0, Orange
Tree Guitars ( Acoustic / Electric ), EW Silk Road, and
Sreaming Trumpet/Chris Hein I/II/III. I only need EQ,
Nuetron ADT, Phaser and Brainrox M/S.
Haven;t completed it yet but I still rememnber loading
the first 4 AD21369 slots with MB7 + Effects, Stem 167v,
External Effects, and B2003.
I have plenty of power left and my Livid Code
( new toy to replace the BCF 2000 ) gets all important
knobs from SpaceF MIDI Devices/B2003/Ventilator, and
the knobs on the Stem 167v.
Very simple rig for gigs where I don;t have to cover so
many various styles.

Nice to see it in use again and the upgrade is most appreciated.
I use the Limiter for the SE-1X run as usual, but the lower end of
the Solaris is EQ'd per preset so the audio in the low end doesn't
cause both to cancel each other.
The Soft setting with EQ per pteset on the SOlaris are perfect.
Don;t even need the FAT on the Limiter as I use the 4th AUX on all
channels and get it just the right way. It's really a great mixing tool
where a straight uo db is needed that doesnlt effect the overall db.

Ankyu

Attachment:
Untitled.png

_________________
https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/sets/solaris-demos-1
http://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/sets/sol ... akt-tunes/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: SpaceF Modular Mixer - Version 1.10 update and addons
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:08 pm
Posts: 78
Location: Sete (South of France)
Gatam wrote:
Hello Medhi ;-)
Some little bugs here and there (in fact, 2 bugs)
- The B1L (left output for the first bus) is missing in your new R127V
- Third S12 channel: impossible to change the channel color (so important isn't it ? i want my sound to be BLUE or GREEN !!!! :-) )


Everything is fine now
(the color's bug was about the R247, not the S12)
Thanks a lot !!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: SpaceF Modular Mixer - Updated to Version 1.11 (06/2012)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2001 4:00 pm
Posts: 2386
If someone wants a demo, -->> v 1.11 install is available here <<--

- You must ask a demo key to Sonic Core like for any other device demo.
- If you want an activation key, thanks to PM me, and I will ask SC to sell it to you in exchange of an activation key.


Last edited by spacef on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: SpaceF Modular Mixer - Updated to Version 1.11 (06/2012)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:00 pm
Posts: 12700
Location: PROJECT WINDOW
SpaceF.......Man Or Myth.

Is there a new revision...?
I have been using a router and a MiniMix Blue lately but always want to stay current.

_________________
https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/sets/solaris-demos-1
http://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/sets/sol ... akt-tunes/


Last edited by dawman on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: SpaceF Modular Mixer - Updated to Version 1.11 (06/2012)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2001 4:00 pm
Posts: 2386
:roll: corrected :roll:

no revision, please check the user area for the latest addiitons/corrections.

Quote:
If someone wants a demo, -->> v 1.11 install is available here <<--

- You must ask a demo key to Sonic Core like for any other device demo.
- If you want an activation key, thanks to PM me, and I will ask SC to sell it to you in exchange of an activation key.


Last edited by spacef on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: SpaceF Modular Mixer - Updated to Version 1.11 (06/2012)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:00 pm
Posts: 12700
Location: PROJECT WINDOW
Got it.......
On it right now as I am 24/7 Scope.. :D

Wow...42.5MB's... :o

_________________
https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/sets/solaris-demos-1
http://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/sets/sol ... akt-tunes/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: SpaceF Modular Mixer - Demo link available
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2001 4:00 pm
Posts: 2386
Version 1.12 of the Modular Mixer.
A "repack" + 1 bug fix.
Contains v 1.11+all updates, as well as a new correction for the r127v (corrects the 4 last outputs that were not working. Now fixed).
Enjoy !
Mehdi

nb: for what it is worth, the correction of the r127v was finalized in Xite SDK.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: SpaceF Modular Mixer - Demo available + v 1.12
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:00 pm
Posts: 12700
Location: PROJECT WINDOW
I am so glad to be able to use the 127 and MB7 with all I/Os functioning w/o that DSP error message.
This is really great 2Zani.
Thanks So Much...

It would be ashamed to not use those bleeding AUXs you have.
It makes Delays and Reverbs much more realistic.

_________________
https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/sets/solaris-demos-1
http://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/sets/sol ... akt-tunes/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Donate to help support this community


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group