SpaceF Modular Mixer - Demo available + v 1.12

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

dante

Re: SpaceF Modular Mixer (V 1.02)

Post by dante »

Any reason there's not much about the FAT's on http://www.spacef-devices.com/ ( no price listing ) - only on soniccore's shop ? Spose it makes no diff where I get it - price or supportwise...
spacef

Post by spacef »

yeah it's just a matter of not having had the time to finish the website...... was buzy finishing and checking the L channels (there is a 16SL, a 8SL which is perfect for BCR/BCF, an M4FPL and routers which are stems without the level faders). They allow a different user experience with the UI, eventhough Stems are the only way to have "pre/post-fader aux sends". while stems are good for those who want to have all their levels/vus on a single device (and remote control it with a unique or paralleled remote controllers, the 8SL channel module is probably easier to use with a single BCR and stuff like that (you just change midi channel to control a 8SL or another, so you ould have 16*8SL=128 channels accessible with a simple BCR/BCF... kind of deviant mackie mode for the poor ;-) . (nb: the 128 channels are theorical, acheiving such high numbers depends on your dsp ressources.. 128 Stereo channel is equivalent to a 256 inputs mixer....).

I will try to add the FAT in the shop today. I don't think it matters much where you get it from.... SC and I make a couple of euros more each when the FATs are bought on the spacef shop...
Also, the user has nothing special to do to be granted access to the user area.

If you get it from SC, make sure to mail me with the invoice after you have received your activation keys, so I can activate an access to the user area for you (I don't keep SC invoices, it's just for quick checks).
Last edited by spacef on Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
spacef

Post by spacef »

here you go
direct fat insert link to the shop http://www.spacef-devices.com/userarea/ ... 6&Itemid=3
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
dante

Post by dante »

Ok thanks SpaceF, I will be there next payday :) I figure even though I have valves on all mic & guitar pre's theres the in-the-box stuff ( eg samplers ) that need the furious analog touch.

The 'L Channels' is something I'll look at down the track...if I decide I want more than 24 master channels I'm getting from the BCR/STM combo this would be the way to do it no doubt...
Last edited by dante on Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

your web site is a bit of a pain. gave it email to recover password and sends me a "token" to change my password, which it then says is invalid.
spacef

Post by spacef »

Activation of the user accounts is done by the admin only, on a manual basis, after request... otherwise, the site would be full of bots and spammer (they register dozens of accounts everyday...).

That is probably why the token is not valid: you are probably "registered" but not "confirmed".
So if you are a customer, sorry in advance if I forgot, but i don't keep tracks of real names and planetz nicknames... (I forget etc...)...

I don't do this for my own pleasure at all.... that's what happened last year as the site was destroyed, have been down more than six month (was actually wondering if there was a point...) and i have to cope with this now, getting a new host, rebuilding the site, granting manually access to customers....

I know it is not convenient for anyone but that's the only way I can see myself doing that right now....

It is not much to send me an email though :-)
(by the way they are easy to search in mail programs, as most of spacef emails concerning activation begin with a "FROM SPACEF ...." in the subject ... )
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
dante

Post by dante »

SpaceF, sorry to hear the pains of your bot attacks etc. I for one I am sure once I get into your site and devices will show appreciation (verbally and with more purchases when $$ come my way), already the functions show a depth that you have well thought everything out.

Damn bots.
Gatam

Post by Gatam »

i Bought Modular Mixer yesterday

Wow, it's just fantastic,
As i already wrote to you, thanks a lot for these devices.
Redone my Scope template today, i was using MB4 and FB Mixer a lot,
but now with Modular Mixer + Fat insert it's just perfect
32 channels, i can send the signal flow absolutely where i want, a lot of very good ideas here & there
Brillant!
you' re just a Killer :lol:

Thanks again for our workflow

Dk
mausmuso

Post by mausmuso »

I Have to agree with Gatam its fantastic.
Previously I was using 2448 + MB4, but now its Mod Mixer all the way. The flexibility is just great.
btw I noted a small bug in the MB7.
If you solo a channel (which works fine)
and then 'Defeat' the solo using the Solo Defeat button in the header of the device - it defeats the solo OK, but the 'Solo' light on the channel does not extinguish.
If you click the 'Solo' button on the channel it extinguishes Ok.
A minor thing that does not cause any real angst, but I am sure Medhi will fix in good time.
if you use SCOPE primarily for mixing and mastering then Mod Mixer is a must!
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

Site is working now, Managed to make the purchase :)
spacef

Post by spacef »

Thanks Neutron for trying again :-)
check your email now :-)

MB7: yes right, the Aux solo were not "released".
It is fixed now: I will upload it a little bit later today together with the L channels (this afternoon probably) (I try to zip several files together rather than by one which must be a pain to install). There are only 4 L channel modules so far (8SL, 16SL, M4FPL, M16L) . There should be a few more next week or in 15 days...

I am happy that people like the modular mixer...

:-)
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
spacef

Post by spacef »

Hi all,
just to let you know the immediate availability of
6 new modules
and 1 update

The new modules are based on the idea to move the level faders from stems into channels. It does not allow to have pre/post fader Aux Sends (possible only in Stems), but allows to build lighter mixing networks (as the AFL/PFL features are removed, as well as mute/solo on the stems, so it is slightly lighter).

Stems without level faders are called "Routers". they come in a 247 and 167 version like stems.

All modules include the "CCP" scenes triggers, which allows to trigger the main presets with buttons or with a rotary controller. Especially useful to avoid using Program Changes which can be a pain in some sequencer software. CCP stands for "CC & Presets"....

With CCP, the default CC preset list (the standard one) can be used to remap CC from a section of the devices to another. It might work but please note I haven't tested ir fully as it is the very standard Scope CC funtions.

The "All num" preset list is a macro for all individual CC num presets : it is useful to use at the begining of a project to load a CC setup from a device to another. It is secure to use as long as there is no CC assigned to a parameter which is also in the CC Num list: otherwise, it will "deassign" the CC before loading the one in the ALL Num preset list, and it will cause the parameter to go to its minimum value. That's why it is better to use before mixing, or after saving a preset of the parameters value to be able to restore them.
The big davnatage of the "All Num" preset" is that , if used as said above, the values of parameters will never move (no "silent channel" problem, which is common in devices with faders). And even in the case of the "deassignment bug" as i call it, you will actually see which parameter has gone to zero, which is not the case without this "num" feature. ("num" stands for "numbers".... both system having good and bad sides, they are somehow complementary.

I also changed the Font of the channel numbers, to something more visual. The other channel modules should be updated accordingly next week.

More info/pictures about the new devices should be available shortly (week end)....

Enjoy and Have fun :-)
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
mausmuso

Post by mausmuso »

Hey Mehdi,
Thanks for the new modules - more flexibility is always welcome.
I do note however that the Solo illumination issue does not seem to be resolved in the new MB7.
Regards
Ron
spacef

Post by spacef »

Here is a video of the latest version in the zip
http://www.spacef-devices.com/VIDEOS/MB7-solo.html
Is it what you are talking about (solo defeat) ? does the device in the video work better than the one in your project ?

If yes, troubleshooting ;

1// make sure it is the latest version that is on your disk or project. Seems obvious, but you never know. it happens to the very best of us :-)

2// load a fresh MB7 latest version in the project and make test: this is because , sometimes, overwriting device on your disk, and loading a project which contains this device, will load the new device but with old settings. The consequence is that some updated parts will react like the previous version, the way it was saved in the project.
This is common with some devices like mixer
--> to solve this, you must remove the MB7 in your template project, and replace by a new one manually. If needed you can save a preset of the old one and load it in the new version, it will not cause the "project bug" (it's not really a bug, just some parts of some devices get saved inside the project like if they were "hardwired inside the project" and so even updates will be loaded with old settings, so the only solution is to remove it from the project and load a fresh one manually. . It is something that is related to preset list parameters rather than the internal routings of a device, and solo buttons have to be preseted parameters, for use with midi CC. The update didn't concern any preset-parameters but an internal routing that was missing... but it is possible that it is related to this kind of behavior.

3// an xite bug ? I would be surprised, unless every xite users say the same thing. In such case, the bug would exist on all devices (they all use the same solo circuit, more or less). So i don't think it is an xite bug.

For me it is either 1 or 2. 2 is very common with mixers.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
spacef

Post by spacef »

ps: there might be another cause but that does not seem likely to cause such a bug:
- if the Defeat button is used with midi CC, make sure it is a "latch" button and not a "toggle" (ie, the button must be "on" while you press it, and will be off when you release it.). Latch is sometime called "temporary switch" or something like that , depending on manufacturers.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Hats off to you Mehdi. This is a serious piece of work! Simply brilliant mate! This is what a modular mixer should be - modular.

Keep up the great work man. 8)
dawman

Post by dawman »

I like the newest version since everything I need is
AUX/Buss mixing.
Having no faders is fine for certain tasks, and yes,
using Modular multi synth patches is the action for me.
Bass and Comp. sounds are great becasue I can
control everything from my KS88, and then go right
to a 4 part Pad preset where the delay needs to be
cranked back up.
Ankyu......
01-100711_0950.mp3
untitled.JPG
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

I'm still having problems loading numerous modular mixer devices in Xite.
I'm starting to get DSP-to-DSP errors when hooking up various I/O and effect inserts.
Haven't even got to loading any synths yet.

I've had to unassign/reassign DSPs to the S16 just to get all the ASIO connections in.
I had to also trick the DSP assignments on the MP7 just to get one effect hooked up! :cry:

I'm endeavoring to build a large mix/master (quasi-live performance/tracking) project once and for all, but I'm still hitting the false ceiling.

Here's as far as I got...(notice the low DSP usage)
Scope_modular-mixers.png
Scope_modular-mixers.png (309.71 KiB) Viewed 3577 times
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
dawman

Post by dawman »

Here's the very smallest start up prior to adding the ASIO Source & Dest. modules.
DSP 1 is where the ASIO I/O's are embedded.
untitled.JPG
Then I load 2 x ASIO 64 I/O's, plus the 64 channel Patch Bay, and Sharcs 64 Stereo Channel mixer, which uses practically nothing in terms of DSP.
I find that I keep getting senseless pop up dialogs that state DSP 5 ( which I dont even use ) cannot connect to DSP 11 ( which also is not in use ).
Totally useless infromation as it is false and very confusing.
This is a Scope 5 bug that needs to be fixed, or it will be laughed at like those accurate DSP/CPU meters in DAW's.
untitledA.JPG
What I have discovered is that I get 182 connections, and then I get the pop ups.
This is repeatable using different configurations and mixers.
IMHO this is a flaw with Scope 5.0. It appears as though S|C has optimized many effects, synths and some mixers. But their ASIO I/O's are all embedded in DSP 1, and they cannot be optimized as I had way more connections with earlier XITE-1 versions, and definately more connections on 3 x Pro cards.
I hope they address this. I hate it when they advise me to lower the polyphony on my mixer.......WTF........????#&$^%@&$(#
untitledB.JPG
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Yeah, the bottleneck is the ASIO modules being hardwired to DSP1 (thanks for the reminder Jimmy) - which in many ways makes sense, but I think there are issues with the virtual DSP routing across the board (possible sync. issues with re: to internal timing and actual physical routing compensation - but who knows).

In order to get all the ASIO I/O to route out of the S16, I went through the process of assigning the S16 to DSP 16, 14, 11, etc. and then eventually got all the I/O in, and then unassigned the DSP on the S16, and now it's all good. I no longer get DSP errors when starting the project.

The next hurdle is to be able to route out to effects external to the MB7, etc. without getting errors, and THEN to attempt to squeeze in some inserts.

Yet, through this whole process, the overall project is hardly using any DSP (according to the meter, which may be deceptive) :o :roll: :) .

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3