Neo Instruments Ventilator - based on Scope?

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

StefanS

Neo Instruments Ventilator - based on Scope?

Post by StefanS »

Found something interesting here:

http://www.neo-instruments.de/en/ventil ... r-overview

This is a rotary cabinet simulator. Keyboardmag says it's the best rotary stomp box available. The small picture beneath "Sometimes more is more" looks very familiar to me ;-).

And the specifications say it is based on a SHARC DSP...

Will it be available for scope? Let's hope so... 8)
dawman

Re: Neo Instruments Ventilator - based on Scope?

Post by dawman »

Thank You SIr,...............
Yell yout friend I will buy one w/o auditon.
Looks like something I can route out and into Scope like a Pro3t.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Brotha' Man StefanS.......I thank You.
I listened to the demos and then called a distrubutor here in the USA, and it does use SHARC DSP. Don't know if its a Tiger or Black Fin but I don't care.
The Drive on the B2003 has always sucked IMHO, but I can thicken it up a little, but the guy who designed this is a Hammond afficiando and knows hi shit.
This thing is incrediubles so I put down a dead president, and will have mine within a couple weeks.
Small developer only makes 50 at a time and the next batch is in August.
So thanks alot for an excellent tip.
I am emailing the developer now. The distributor was in Chicago and I was shocked the guy knew his shit.
I hate going the SLUT-ar Center and having these ABleton LIVE teachers trying to pretend they understand the hardware they sell.
Incredible pedal and for 500 USD it's no problemo................I will cut back on Jager for a couple weeks.. :lol:
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

I really hope for a port to Scope enviroment as plugin!
Really cool indeed.
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
astroman

Post by astroman »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:... and it does use SHARC DSP. Don't know if its a Tiger or Black Fin but I don't care...
yeah, never mind - but just for completeness: the pic on the webpage shows the same Sharc as in your XITE.
Don't think that's just decoration - nothing beats SDK in turnaround times for prototyping.
The Use Audio shows that it's no big deal to run that in a non-PC environment.

Markbass has a new Bass Synth Pedal that also seems to have such a single Sharc.
The picture I got from a friend was a bit dull, tho - he didn't want to dessect the pedal completely.
Possibly the same developer ? Who knows...

cheers, Tom
capacitor

Post by capacitor »

pic blown up 4x
Attachments
algorithm_klein.jpg
algorithm_klein.jpg (55.68 KiB) Viewed 6521 times
capacitor

Post by capacitor »

from 4.0 SDK & some random DSPmodules:
Attachments
img4.JPG
img4.JPG (46.23 KiB) Viewed 6508 times
dawman

Post by dawman »

Wassup Capacitor........ :wink:
I got a partially blank page first time I visited. I just refreshed it and it has a manual and all of the pertinent info.
I will simply use the headphone out jack of the XITE-1.
I also will be having some summertime Sore Dick Deals.
A16U's x 2. 1 Black and the other Blue.
Motion Sound Pro 3t w/ Flight Case and Pedals, Cords, etc.
ATA Shockmounts 8U, 16U.
SE-1X Analog synth x 1.
EML-101 ( rare Modular Analog mint ).
Keep your eyes peeled, and yes I have made tons of cash off of these and only hope they get a nice place to live, so anyone who knows me knows how this works.
I have a new rig that be carried on a Bus if I want.
The mobile warrior.
Thanks to Scope and especially Assafs Modular classes I have the analog sounds I need, now a Leslie, so these giant racks are history.
I even have a miniature portable 7 " LCD and QWERTY that sits in the back of the 2U case..........Ankyuvarymush.
capacitor

Post by capacitor »

It is most excellent that you've found a Scope filter good enough to replace the Moog :)
dawman

Post by dawman »

I wouldn't go that far really. I found the new Modular IV Filters, the Ladder, P1 & P5 to be very impressive but I have given up the Modular external FIlter stuff for now.
I am concentrating on mobility and whats funny is I have a little back pack 2U with everything I need including a pair of Blue Sky's and a 47 note controller.
I can ride my downhill racer to the Bus stop and go set my rig up on a Grand Piano anywhere and jam out. I only do 2 nights and a Sunday brunch. I only make 550 USD a week, but its summertime. The lovely women who are already walking around town scantilly dressed is the juice for me.
I should have a sign saying I will work for trim...........

Nice to hear from you cheif.
Carry On.
capacitor

Post by capacitor »

Well I (hopefully Neutron as well) will not give up on the Scope control signal interface. Something like a stereo filterbank with a pair of Moog-style ladder filters, plus possibly a couple of VCAs, in as small & light of a box as practical.
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

So probably a good companion for the B4000 ASB ...

Question is, if it integrates Scope technology as it seems, does it come from Sonic Core or InDsp ?
Actually it is the same DSP chip as the one integrated in the Plugiator/ASX/X-synth main board ...
dawman

Post by dawman »

Definately great for Guitar too.
I hear Steve Howe on And You & I from the Close to the Edge album.
And also Nantucket Sleighride by Mountain w/ that enormous FAT BASTARD Leslie West on Guitar.
StefanS

Post by StefanS »

Just sent an E-Mail to Neo Instruments to ask for the possible Scope Plugin... I'll keep you informed ;-)
dawman

Post by dawman »

Tell them I will buy the pedal from their Chicago distributor, and the plug in if they release both.
I would actually much rather sell my A16U's and have a plug in. But I can see the DAconv for guys using cards is probably much better.
On a seperate topic, I have always tried to modulate Drive parameters in Scope to get better results for the authenticity of a real Leslie Pre Amp and using a DAS w/ j9k Satura in the inserts worked OK but I immediately heard their drive increasing exactly the way I want.
I have tried this for years and obviously knowing Scopes SDK is what it took to get right..

Thanks Again and Please keep me posted.
wayne

Post by wayne »

Just the name suggests the developers know what they are up to ;)

Your back will thank you playing live, fer sher, but would you record with that Jim, or stick with the real thing? I always miss the wind a Leslie makes when recording an emulation. XY condensers on the horns, far enough back to be out of the breeze, big dynamic on the bass. Yum.
StefanS

Post by StefanS »

Neo Instruments confirmed that the Ventilator was indeed developed with Scope SDK. But it was optimized for the new DSP and takes about 10 "old" DSPs. Therefore it is considered too large for our platform and no plans for a Scope plugin are made..

Of course, the privileged XITE users would have enough power on their machine... :wink:
dawman

Post by dawman »

The SHARC ADSP-21369 was used to transfer the software from NI Reaktor to the hardware via DSP.
Glad the Reaktor guy knew his choice for realtime and picked the DSP chip.
I am to the point where I want anything for audio that uses the ADSP-21369's.
It shows the developer/s understood real world audio using a realtime transfer.
I really want the VAX77 to get its action a little tighter and then I will have a SHARC PAT Controller for stage.
I thank you again StefanS for the link.
I would have never found this on my own.
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

Did anybody read the fine print on their site? ;)
The man behind neo is one of the guys who created the Virus. THE Virus. He left Access Music some years ago to work on his own ideas. Well, that's quite a start, innit?
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
astroman

Post by astroman »

yeah, of course... couldn't be missed :D
the Virus is a cash cow for sure - maybe it just got a bit boring over time (?) ;)
I would have appreciated the scanner vibrato in that same box (splitable signal path) to have the complete Hammond FX section - then it would be a no brainer for me...
Anyway it's not bad as it is and the stompbox price is reasonable.

The device is a bit difficult to test/compare as their audio examples seem to be damaged (at least my download was).
Yet I'm convinced the original version from SC's B2003 just lacks some 'air' and smoother panning - then it would come pretty close. Can't see a 10times power request, tho...

cheers, Tom