SCOPE 5.1

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

xite knight

Re: SCOPE 5.1

Post by xite knight »

Thanks mate.

Well I realized this too after successfully downloading it with Chrome.

Looking forward to SC building a 5.1 xite beta for my ancient WinXP 32-bit :)
Cheers
ugozzz

Post by ugozzz »

what about MAC release. Some NEWS?

THKS.... Ugozzz
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

no news on mac.... my guess (and its my GUESS only!) is that it will take a while for them to get a mac release ready.
I think they will work on debugging 64bit, and then working on XTC mode to get the platform completely ready for windows - then they can work on a mac version.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I am looking forward to any upgrades these guys do.
I only needed a stable 64bit build to use this live, and while XTC and VDAT need a little more work, everything else I asked for in regards to ASIO.dll and Modular IV were fixed.
I now have a rockin' 64bit rig using Reaper, Bidule, PianoTeq and Kontakt.
I did burn out a RAM stick overclocking to 4.2Ghz, but Newegg sent me 12GB's of new RAM and an RMA for the price of 3 x sticks, so they too are high up on my list of good support.
The Reaper guys are really interested in XTC so I can learn about it's benefits while I wait, but the 10 hours of rehersals went smooth as a Baby's Butt.
From now on when I overclock,I must be careful though.
I have several user settings that can be summoned by the MSI hardware OC Switch and the BIOS stores anothe 12 settings. I was running at 4.2GHz for days and didn'teven realize it until I checked the hardware monitor and saw 4GB's was only showing up, and the CPU was cookin'at 147 degrees...................Yikes.
Now I have it set for 1333MHz and CAS 8 ( 11.25ns ) and 3.486GHz...........Poyfect.. :roll:
Also the SSD allows massive stacking of Horn sections and Strings.....zero clicks or pops.
The latest ASIO.dll from S|C is the KInd.....

Love These Guys.....................Now for SOlaris.
ironman

Post by ironman »

i just downloaded the 64 bit beta and i see theres 2 things: the scope 5.1 installer and folder x64_asio within this folder is asio treiber and scope5.1_PCI . do we do anything with these and if yes what exactly? or is everything good to go on the scope 5.1 installer? cheers
VeryPSB

Post by VeryPSB »

johnnycage wrote:How long does it usually take for them to e-mail a new keyfile to you?
I'm stil waiting for mine. 36 hours and counting...

EDIT: Just arrived.
VeryPSB

Post by VeryPSB »

Is VSTIM/XTC something that can be tested/used? Or is it just not working?
tjsound

Post by tjsound »

v5.1.2708-RC_DE on ftp scopebeta
XITE-1, Reaperx64...
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

In other words, Scope 5.1 Release Candidate 1 is released :)

something exciting:

"5. STS Samplers ready for testing with the use of the complete physical RAM."

;)
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
next to nothing

just a heads up, currently only the DE version is up, so the installer is in german, but the software is still in
english :)
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
tjsound

Post by tjsound »

and YES. STS is working. :)
XITE-1, Reaperx64...
next to nothing

after a short test it seems to work great in general. It seems they have been tuning DSP allocation, its very smooth indeed!
dawman

Post by dawman »

I am freaked at the amount of available RAM even after opening up and loading VSTi sampler apps.
The amount is so big it barely shows up in their 1997 pre. 21st Century dialog box......... :lol:

ANkyu
tjsound

Post by tjsound »

but play cause blue screen :roll:
Attachments
STS 3000.jpg
STS 3000.jpg (34.21 KiB) Viewed 3773 times
XITE-1, Reaperx64...
ARCADIOS

Post by ARCADIOS »

lagoausente

Post by lagoausente »

tjsound wrote:but play cause blue screen :roll:

Hey, dos it work Sts wifi no memory limit?? :o. That's for Xite only or for old cards aswell?
maky325

Post by maky325 »

How to obtain new key for v5.1 ? What's the procedure? Should i send them my old key?

v5.1 is installed but it won't import my old v5 (32bit) key?!? Is that normal? Does anybody know why is key for version 64 different or i did something wrong?
next to nothing

Hi

Send the request key to support, and they will reply with an activation key.
JL

Post by JL »

maky325 wrote:How to obtain new key for v5.1 ? What's the procedure? Should i send them my old key?

v5.1 is installed but it won't import my old v5 (32bit) key?!? Is that normal? Does anybody know why is key for version 64 different or i did something wrong?
You have to contact Soniccore support, they will send you temporary activation key/code. You also need the key file that contains keys
for devices you own.
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Is the 5.1 just a beta and only being sent to people who are on the list for beta testing?

Still got this version on my XP 32 bit set up. SCOPE XITE-1 v5.0.2617 (ENGLISH VERSION)

I have a Hard disk with Win 7 64bit waiting for a nice stable 64bit version to be released, which doesn't seem to have been released publicly yet.
The release you lot are talking about now can not be found here. ftp://sonic-core.net/software

To be honest i'm not really running out of ram on the pc (main reason for 64bit?) as most mixing is done through the scope system so not really that bothered, would prefer a few bugs were fixed (forgoten cc assignments and a dsp limit being hit sometimes when loading a project up. i,e 1 project i have needs to be loaded about 5 or 6 times before it actually loads) Everything is stable when all up and running though.