SCOPE 5.1

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Re: SCOPE 5.1

Post by dawman »

Please.........Stay Seated.
PayPal...............Ah forget that, I can;t possibly buy that now.. :lol:

Years ago there was a Head & Shoulders commercial ( Dandruff Shampoo ) where this styly Joe guy jumps on a Cable Car in San Francisco ( where Braincell takes him Government subsidized vacations ) and takes a seat. Then this incredibly georgeous girl walks in and sits across the isle, and the dudes' jaws drop as he stares feverishly.......but then she fluffs her hair ever so slightly and scratches her scalp just a little bit............immediately the guy goes ...ahh...screw that.........she must have dandruff......yeah right. In the real world she could have had crusty britches and it wouldn't have mattered...
Similar scenario above. Plus if you ever really bought anything in the last 6 years, especially the synth edit plugs Celly likes from KVR, you'd be familiar with a modern day GUI payment scheme.

Here's a modern day commercial that might be more appropriate......
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nabobia
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

Mr Arkadin wrote:
braincell wrote:Nice price! I'm back guys! I was the only one in the Creamware days who insisted they should charge for the platform (a suggestion that was shot down by forum members.) It would be nice if I could just get the drivers but I think there will be some good improvements in it.
braincell wrote: All I need is the driver anyway and I have to pay more because I have more than 4 DSP chips?
:lol: Nice schizo posting.
In all fairness its not schizo at all. Do you see any relevant reason why you should pay more to update for a discontinued 14/15dsp card compared to a discontinued 4dsp card? after all, in general you get more free devs included with a Luna/Pulsar 1 card (you get both m&m and s&s with these as well, which is a large bonus) compared to the bigger versions which have at least one of these packs included, even both after the 4.5 deal.

The only reason i could see for this pricing is for an included SDK5, which first of all doesn't exist yet, and secondly haven't been announced as "free" when it is finally released...
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Fluxpod

Post by Fluxpod »

next to nothing wrote:
Mr Arkadin wrote:
braincell wrote:Nice price! I'm back guys! I was the only one in the Creamware days who insisted they should charge for the platform (a suggestion that was shot down by forum members.) It would be nice if I could just get the drivers but I think there will be some good improvements in it.
braincell wrote: All I need is the driver anyway and I have to pay more because I have more than 4 DSP chips?
:lol: Nice schizo posting.
In all fairness its not schizo at all. Do you see any relevant reason why you should pay more to update for a discontinued 14/15dsp card compared to a discontinued 4dsp card? after all, in general you get more free devs included with a Luna/Pulsar 1 card (you get both m&m and s&s with these as well, which is a large bonus) compared to the bigger versions which have at least one of these packs included, even both after the 4.5 deal.

The only reason i could see for this pricing is for an included SDK5, which first of all doesn't exist yet, and secondly haven't been announced as "free" when it is finally released...
Its probably because they still sell the 3 dsp system.Not a very good decision to make different prices for different dsp counts.They should stick to Version differences to determ the update price.IMO! :wink:
braincell

Post by braincell »

dante wrote:Bcell bro - that paypal thing pisses me off too - but as long as you proceed without logging into paypal it drops thru to visa. My problem is bypassing the damn postage....which they told me was fixed but I'm tempted to spend the dosh on Kontakt player instead now due to Jimmys raves on it
It passes you through to Visa? That is weird anyway I use Mastercard.

Go to paypalsucks.com for further information. I think some idiot in here who seems to have been emotionally stunted at the age of 9 had a problem with me not wanting to use Paypal.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Yeah that idiot is smart enough to remember everything you copy/paste and pretend to be.
A jpeg. of your LCD w/ a project window or even the old A16 would prove me wrong....

I do remember the jpeg. of a Frog in your Pond, a most appreciated shot too, so during your super busy production sessions, I am sure you will get ear fatigue, as that's common for anyone who mixes, but stop and a take a shot.

I can even remember you bragging about payhing cash for your home...Odd that someone who can have Prophetic visons of a compnays' success, can't forsee what a huge financial error that was. Can't believe you never mentioned how angry you were for losing 50% of equity, and still paying personal property taxes.......

So don't think you can come here and piss on anyones back and tell them that it's raining.

FWIW, A real Pianist has a photographic memory from years of learning boring classical Piano, too bad you seem to forget the nonsense you spew, I sure haven't.

You thrash my company, I thrash you.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

next to nothing wrote: In all fairness its not schizo at all.
Well I just found it amusing that we had the huge comeback post reminding us that apparently he advocated paying for upgrades when the world was against him then one post later is complaining about having to pay for the upgrade.

I don't disagree that one price would make more sense and would also be easier for the customer rather than trying to figure out which price band they are in and getting the wrong thing, I was just amused by the fanfare return for a bit is all.
Polarity

Post by Polarity »

Does Scope 5.1 and 64 bit driver work on XP PRO 64bit version?
Anyone is using it?
Polarity

Post by Polarity »

Ok, I resolved my problems with installing Windows 7 on my machine, it was just a matter of BIOS update.

Well, Scope v.5.1 seems to work...
still some problem with importing projects made with Scope v.4.5:
I copied the 5.1 devices inside a directory with same path of what 4.5 projects look for devices...

but still asks for keyfiles for the external devices I made in v4.5, but anyway it doesn't load:
no big deal, I'll remake them as new.

but it doesn't want to authorize two of my Digital Audio Soft plugins...
it asks for keyfiles twice and then say they aren unregistered.
I guess I have to send the old .skf key file with the DAS keys to SonicCore to have a new .v5 keyfile for them.
garyb

Post by garyb »

be sure that you have renamed the v4 folder if it's still on the machine, otherwise Scope may try to load devices from the v4 folder. also, do NOT use dsp files from v4 as they will cause errors. if you paste a device into the devices folder and it requests a dsp file, then get it off the S|C ftp server. in fact, it's a good idea to get your old 3rd party devices from the ftp sever anyway, if they're there, as there may have been updates.
Polarity

Post by Polarity »

yeah, don't worry:
XP and Scope 4.5 are onto another HD, its partitions under Windows7 are seen as X and I...
so there is no chance Scope 5 look there :)

I alreay downloaded the DAS devices for Scope 5.
But I see just one is in the new keyfile.v5...
probably the missing is just a mistake
garyb

Post by garyb »

yes, likely.
fokas

Post by fokas »

Polarity,
Scope does work on XP Pro 64 ,just rename asioscope into asioscope32 and asioscope64 into asioscope and thats in it works! its a minor bug no big deal
Regards Danny
Polarity

Post by Polarity »

Thankyou, doesn't matter now, I'm using it in Windows 7 64bit.
I was just curious because Win7 didn't want to install on my system whaterver I tried,
but at the end it was just a matter of bios updating.