SynthSchool.com

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

ReD_MuZe

SynthSchool.com

Post by ReD_MuZe »

Dear scopians!

Im glad to announce the opening of my fresh new site www.synthschool.com . Its a school for studying synthesis (not scope specific) however, due to the success of the first semester, i am opening two new scope courses:

1) Scope for beginners-> for those of you who have missed out on the current course
2) Scope for intermediates-> for those who have finished the course, and for more advanced scope users who want to learn the cool tricks.

you can ready the syllabus on the web site.

Im also working on non scope courses, and working hard on bringing the best teachers possible. Some of them you may already know ;) and some not... stay tuned!

Give us some social love:
http://www.youtube.com/synthschool
http://www.facebook.com/synthschool
http://www.twitter.com/synthschool

Cheers!
Assaf
Neutron

Re: SynthSchool.com

Post by Neutron »

funny thing that, i was invited to synthschool on facebook :)
sounded cool so i added anyways.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Count me in for April...!!
The class is the most motivating class I ever took plus its fun.
David

Post by David »

Motivational they certainly are
Inspirational, yes indeed
Mind expanding and most definately skill expanding
In short you become armed with teeth which enable you to eat through and digest modular

Looking forward to the next semester
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

Really pleased for you Assaf! This course certainly came at the right time for me. It's inspired me to look beyond my normal method of sound creation which to be quite honest had really stagnated recently. I was dubious not because of my doubts of Assaf being a great teacher (which he is btw) but my ego telling me I had nothing to gain from even a basic course in synthesis. Now the holes in my knowledge are sealed and my thirst for new creative sounds are renewed. Worth every penny.

Thanks again Assaf
dawman

Post by dawman »

That will pale in comparison to course number 2.
I especially like when class is over and you can bust Reds' balls w/ one on one questions.. :D
Brazda lui Novac

Post by Brazda lui Novac »

Haha, funny indeed, a friend who it's not linked in any way to Scope, but a synth enthusiast, sent me the link to shynthschool. I told him I like the website even if I didn't know that Assaf it's the master until now...Good luck with the school! Now I am a fan on facebook :)
edit:
Ah, and at0m suggested synthschool as friend, I think there are two pages with synthschool on facebook...anyway, I'm on both now :)
ReD_MuZe

Post by ReD_MuZe »

Thanks guys for all the support!

next sunday i will be making an open seminar, you are all welcome to join!
Attachments
banner2.jpg
banner2.jpg (113.98 KiB) Viewed 6663 times
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

Nice artwork. Love the synthesist humor also. :lol:
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

Just wanted to say what a pleasure it has been as a student in SynthSchool's first course. Not only have I learned a lot about the Scope modular Synth as well as other very useful related material, and it has also been extremely fun. I would just like to say thanks to Assaf for such a great course and also a quick heads up to all my fellow classmates. It has been well worth taking part in and absolutely worth the time and expense.

I will also be putting my name down for the next course, and I hope this encourages others as well. One is never too old to learn and keep learning. :)

Cheers
dawman

Post by dawman »

Timmy you going today to the Filter Seminar in 22 minutes??

Total agreement with your statements above.
I have been reading Piano music for decades and improvising also.
I only need think about performers like Phillipe Entremont, Artur Rubinstein, and Horowitz to motivate me to practice.
Rubinstein actually was rumoured to have been playing the Piano minutes before he passed away.
Truly a God Amongst Men.
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

Hi Jimmy, just seen your post as I was out at the pub earlier on. But yes it was a good final lesson of this particular course, and I'll be sure to try and get on next week's filter seminar. Will also be trying to finish off the homework this week and start trying things out, so hopefully will be ready for the next course in a few weeks time.

Anyway, cheers for now and will speak soon no doubt.

Tim
sonicstrav

Post by sonicstrav »

Yes, it has been a great course and has been well worth doing. I think I can get a reasonable sound out of any synth now and can do all the basic stock patches. Seminar 2 will be really deeper into Modular and effects. I'm glad it's been delayed for a few weeks as there is a lot of stuff to revisit and there is the 'graduation' track to do - hopefully, will be better than my poor efforts to date :lol: (I actually rarely finish a track :-? ). This course gives one extra power, and (as I agree with Tim) encourages eternal learning......It's great to be with fellow warriors in this modular odyssey (pun!)......few people in this world will rise to the challenge of modular :D
Andy_F

Post by Andy_F »

Ive signed up for the session on filters next Sunday and really looking forward to it..

If theres another run of those lessons on modular im definitely interested in signing up.
Was it just on SC modular 2+3?
I dont have mod 4 or flexor.. yet :lol:
sonicstrav

Post by sonicstrav »

The first semester (which I have just done) only used Modular 2 - no other 3rd party stuff and no Flexor
The second semester, I think, is the same
Andy_F

Post by Andy_F »

Perfect!
Hopefully they'll do the first one again

I enjoyed watching the modular video on the site, more knowledge the better :D
sonicstrav

Post by sonicstrav »

Yeah! I have over 30 hours of material on video from the first course (BTW - It's just for us students!!!)
That was a snippet.
You can ask questions during the tutorial. It doesn't matter if they are stupid or dumb - everyone's cool and relaxed!
Well worth the money. Plus your session is video'd - the tutorials are recorded for viewing later - you influence the tutorial!
Look down on the idiot preset junkie!!!! (Sorry, I won't. He doesn't know anything about the 'Modular'!)
Just do it!
dawman

Post by dawman »

IMHO The ARP Odyssey patch was worth the asking price.
I have reassigned switches and mixers that I prefer and have SpaceF's Filter Shell which means each preset can have my choice of 60 different Filters from SpaceF, JBowen or Flexor.
What was the most gratifying aspect was the YouTube video Assaf showed us where the ARP Odyssey was demo'd really well by that guy. I hate being smoked, so I have practiced doing that on the ARP for over a month now and actually could do a realtime live perfromance using the KS88, MIDI Solutions F8 and Kurzweil Ribbon. I love the ARP patch so much it's like my girl now. I wake up and try the ideas I dreamed about.
Just tweaking the ADSR VIntage Env. creates a different tinmbre.
Actually being a synth afficiando, I am embarrassed that I never played or used when back then.
Another example of how less is more in the proper context.
grappa

Post by grappa »

I've signed up for the filter session so looking forward to Sunday.

Any idea when the Scope basic course will be available for enrollment?

Si
dawman

Post by dawman »

Early or Mid May...
I am hoping for Mothers Day actually...that way I can call my Mom to wish her well, and then tell all of my X Wives and Future X Wives that I am busy..........Ankyu.................