Moderators: valis, garyb

ReD_MuZe

Re: Adern Music Pack - musical processing plugins

Post by ReD_MuZe »

ok i get the message... a reply soon to follow
darkrezin

Post by darkrezin »

:o congrats Assaf, new toys look awesome as usual :)
dawman

Post by dawman »

They sound great too.
My favorite is the Compressor. Turning up the heat knob to maximum really adds a full sound and it gets hot...
ReD_MuZe

Post by ReD_MuZe »

and now they look better :)
(refresh your page)
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

Oohh missus.....now I have to reduce my beer allowance this weekend so I can buy these :)
Plus my waist will appreciate the shrinkage :)
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

Looking good!!! Will play with them tomorrow =D
David

Post by David »

Aesthetically stella improvements :o
dawman

Post by dawman »

I always find since I stopped using Gigastudio that my samples are needing more EQ and seperation, more low end, etc.
Kontakt and Gigastudio should have joined forces but since they never will I will just make the best of it by adding certain EQ"s and plugs to enhance Kontakts synthetic glossiness.
WHen I start layering in Kontakt like I did in Gigastudio it just gets obnoxiuosly loud and sounds like crap. I never needed a compressor before for live work until I started layering VSTi's and sampled content. This compressor seems to work well with its sibling EQ.
The EQ allows me to cut the lows from my Analog synths which drown out the Scope patches and synths, and I can even throw those signals into the same BUS where the Compressor is and add to Heat to taste.
These were obviously made to be used together.
I do however have to have PianoTeq Pro seperate form all of this though as that app is naturally compressed it seems. It's the only thing in that app that bothers me as I prefer my hands control the brightness and volume through velocity and pressure, these damn VSTi's might sound really good when tweaked, but they don't emulate the performance of a real instrument. PTeq is the best out of all of these but putting that through a compressor would turn my wood into plastic...... :P
My Nuendo/AV buddy just loves the word FAT......... :lol:
The Brotha's here are still so behind the times as they spell it Phat. SInce then we have come full circle back to the original spelling.
untitled a.JPG
ReD_MuZe

Post by ReD_MuZe »

ooh thats no saturation or compression, this is utter distiortion
:P
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Jimmy always does everything to "11", so i understand.
Herr Voigt

Post by Herr Voigt »

Does the MusicPack only work on Scope 5.0 or already on 4.5?
ReD_MuZe

Post by ReD_MuZe »

it is compatible with scope 3.1b onwards.
you can download the demo and check it out!
lunaorbit

Post by lunaorbit »

This looks nice.

But i think you are missing a filter.
I nice filter with good highpass and lowpass and a touch of analog.

This seems to be something that sonic core is missing IMO and would be a great addition to this pack.

Probably the best VST filter I have found is "Sugar Bytes WOW" and I have not found a sonic core insert that come close.
(suggestions?)

Downloading the demo now.
I am interested how this compares to FAT INSERTS.
Herr Voigt

Post by Herr Voigt »

Thank you Red! I'll download the demo.
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

Hi chaps,

Thought I would just add to the topic. I ordered them over the weekend while they are on offer. Missed out on the First11 but got the First20 10% discount, so happy enough about that :) Got the key last night, and my first impressions are really positive. The Fatcat can do some seriously interesting things and has quite a unique approach. Was recently reading about that type of compression related to a high end outboard unit I think...cant remember the name though off hand, but it was very pricey, so this Fatcat definately adds to the SC dynamics arsenal. A superb device. Museq is pretty cool too and can go from quite subtle eq'ing at +-6db to very dramatic at +-18db and again it does seem to have a quite distinct sound to it when pushing the input level up. The only niggle I had was that when changing presets it has to unload dsp on each freq band and so the sound cuts out briefly each time this happens. But this seems to happen on several Scope devices, Solaris synth is a prime example of that, and is only a small issue really. I didnt really try out Sat yet, but will try that out later. So I think all in all a very useful set and for Fatcat alone it was worth buying.

Hope that helps
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

I've been demoing these new plugs for some days and i must say they are really nice and quality devices. It's a shame there's so many plugins on the market that are hyped and made to appear greater then what they are with fancy gui's and famous names written on them, accurate emulation claims, and celebrities advertising them - But here on SCOPE are many plugins that don't get much attention out here but are truly really good plugins. My daily rant.

PS. Hopefully i can buy these soon. Must recover from Holidays financial ruin first.