Modular IV on SC shop.

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

JoPo

Modular IV on SC shop.

Post by JoPo »

I just buy it !... Early this morning, I'm waiting for the key & hope for some manual...
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
Sounddesigner

Re: Modular IV on SC shop.

Post by Sounddesigner »

I see it in the Shop but i don't think it is sold until January. Let me know if you get your key.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

At chrismas, be patient fors keys !

Nada since this morning (I bought some else things) !
The SC key service is not the best on the planet.
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

JoPo wrote:The SC key service is not the best on the planet.
It is the best SC key service as it is the only one. :D

I think

"(Release is available up from 01.01.2010)"

seen on SC website means you will have to wait until next year (which is REALLY soon now).

CheerZ
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Sounddesigner wrote:I see it in the Shop but i don't think it is sold until January. Let me know if you get your key.

S|C is back from holidays ! I've got the key. I don't believe there is a 99€ update.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

I thought S|C would wait until the patch contest was over before selling Mod 4, but if you have a key then definitely Modular 4 is being sold now. I'll probably email S|C to find out if they're going to have 99euro upgrade price or not. I did'nt see the upgrade price listed in the shop but they may just be slow to add it, time will tell. I won't mind paying full price if there's no upgrade offer, it looks worth it.

Thanks for the info!
marcianus

Post by marcianus »

The price is 198,- EUR incl. 19% VAT for all users or there is a "update price" for previous modular users?

Is compatible with Adern Flexor III?

Thanks in advance
dawman

Post by dawman »

Chinga........ :lol:

Yo guys, it's 98 Euro if you have a registered Mod II & III License.
It works well w/ all Modules for Modular.
In the provided link you'll see BC Modular, Roy's CWM's, Mod 2/3/&4/ Flexor 1.5/3.0 and even a SpaceF AUX Dealsy in the Insert Effect Module..

http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php ... &sk=t&sd=a
darkrezin

Post by darkrezin »

Hi Jimmy

Where does it say there's an upgrade for 98 EU ?

Really hoping it's true.
sonicstrav

Post by sonicstrav »

Last edited by sonicstrav on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darkrezin

Post by darkrezin »

Maximum suckage. Don't really know what they are thinking :( This is marketing 101. As someone who bought Mod2 and Mod3, it doesn't make sense for me to pay the same as someone who didn't buy any of them. I know it's a new company, but you need to create some good will. Because right now I'm thinking I'd rather just stick to Mod3/Flexor3 and Scope 4. SC need people to be installing Scope 5 because otherwise they are going to lose the userbase. But what's in it for me right now :lol:

Anyway I hope it's just an oversight and that they will use some common sense! :roll:
Fluxpod

Post by Fluxpod »

Thats still a very good price.Development costs arent exactly small on dsp code. :wink:
darkrezin

Post by darkrezin »

I know all about development, but you have to cut some slack to your existing customers as well... it's just basic business sense. I want to give them my money (want Gizzmo too) but I ain't paying the same as a new customer.
Fluxpod

Post by Fluxpod »

They did with the 4.5>5 free upgrade.I cant think of 1 company that has done the same.Especially as sc had nothing todo with 4.5.People got the whole timeworks reverb suite,das eq´s-reverbs for nothing.They need to make money too.
darkrezin

Post by darkrezin »

Yeah I bought the Sonic Timeworks reverbs before Scope 5, guess I'm one of the unlucky ones :roll:

Anyway check my post history, I always support SC. I work in software dev and I know what it's like, but IMHO putting out a new version with no upgrade price is unheard of, and this leaves a bad taste for me. It's a shame :(
Fluxpod

Post by Fluxpod »

Yeah well....Its no big deal imo.They need to draw a line and thats ok with me.Its a bit sucky for people who bought the timeworks bundle,i agree with that but new products are a different story imo.Maybe its good to wait for the next special deal. :D
darkrezin

Post by darkrezin »

Mod4 is not a new product - it's mostly Modular3, with some new modules. Anyway I've made my point and have nothing more to say on the matter. It's a sad day for me but as you say life goes on.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

darkrezin wrote:Yeah I bought the Sonic Timeworks reverbs before Scope 5, guess I'm one of the unlucky ones :roll:

Anyway check my post history, I always support SC. I work in software dev and I know what it's like, but IMHO putting out a new version with no upgrade price is unheard of, and this leaves a bad taste for me. It's a shame :(
There's other ways of looking at this as well. Sharc & I have bought brand new CW cards over the years right up to a new 14 dsp card & a new Noah EX, but someone new to the platform could pick up a 2nd, 3rd or 4th hand card in the used market (ebay or whatever) that happens to have all the plugs & Scope 5 registered to it, but would that person deserve a half price deal on Mod4? I don't think they would, so my point is that it's not easy for SC to be fair across the whole user base & make everyone happy. When you look at the price of plugs on other DSP platforms, I don't think (personally) that SC asking 198 euro for Mod4 is too much. JMHO... :)
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Shroomz~> wrote:When you look at the price of plugs on other DSP platforms, I don't think (personally) that SC asking 198 euro for Mod4 is too much. JMHO... :)
You are correct of course, although in the current financial climate it means i won't be getting it any time soon (along with a lot of other things) :cry:.
darkrezin

Post by darkrezin »

I take your point Shroomz, it's definitely a subjective thing. But my subjective view is just as valid, and I doubt I'm the only person that sees it this way. Like I said, I'm not gonna throw a tantrum over it, just making my feelings known. I'm just very surprised and disappointed.

Like Mr.A said, it comes down to economic realities... if I was being brutally honest, I don't really NEED Mod4 - I'm not desperate for its functionality. I have Flexor3 FFS, and I have various analog and digital synths and FX, I don't really NEED more.

But if there was a fair upgrade (by that I mean 50% or 60%) I'd just buy it without thinking about it, more to support SC than anything else.

My main point is that SC is shooting themselves in the foot. It's annoyed me enough that I'm not going to install Scope5 (again, where's the benefit for me? I don't care about some DAS EQs), and the more people that don't install Scope 5, the less plugins SC will sell. It's just bad marketing and lack of consideration for loyal customers.