Woohoo. New versions

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

garyb

Re: Woohoo. New versions

Post by garyb »

i'll give it a shot...

did you install those 3rd party plugs from oxes or did you move dsp files to the new version?
if not, you should write S/C with your problems(please don't kill anyone!).
if so, try reinstalling Scope and only moving device files into the new version. if a device requests a file, then move it....
voidar

Post by voidar »

Just did a quick test. FAT loads up fine here. So does Celmo (old preset list) stuff. Though the old-preset list stuff naturally behaves differently.

Only think I am having problem with is getting it to work with a different IO. Plugs load up fine with GUI and all, but it's like the DSP is not running.
Last edited by voidar on Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

just a tip: you cant use xtc/vstim mode as with 4.5 with the mixers that pop up when you start you daw. nothing pops up - though the rest of xtc mode works.

i talked to sc and the routing window should be available in xtc mode with the 5. release.
:)
kwild

Post by kwild »

the19thbear wrote:just a tip: you cant use xtc/vstim mode as with 4.5 with the mixers that pop up when you start you daw. nothing pops up - though the rest of xtc mode works.

i talked to sc and the routing window should be available in xtc mode with the 5. release.
:)
I can open SOnar 8.5 and Cubase 5 in XTC mode with the mixer that pop up when you start the daw.
Simply remember to change the mixer from .dev to .mdl.
voidar

Post by voidar »

Yup. Nothing has changes as of what you can do behind the surface with XTC mode. Though I feel it performs better.
Fluxpod

Post by Fluxpod »

Works great.Finally mod cables are back and the overall operation seems more"snappy".I just installed it over the old version and it didnt even asked for keys.All devices work as expected,i am happy with it. :)
kwild

Post by kwild »

garyb wrote:i'll give it a shot...

did you install those 3rd party plugs from oxes or did you move dsp files to the new version?
if not, you should write S/C with your problems(please don't kill anyone!).
if so, try reinstalling Scope and only moving device files into the new version. if a device requests a file, then move it....
Im talking about key activations not dsp file missing!
Im tryng with a new attempt now,installing over the older installation...
garyb

Post by garyb »

kwild wrote:Im talking about key activations not dsp file missing!
yes i know!

reread my post. hopefully the new install works. v4x dsp files can make trouble in v5x...
kwild

Post by kwild »

garyb wrote:
kwild wrote:Im talking about key activations not dsp file missing!
yes i know!

reread my post. hopefully the new install works. v4x dsp files can make trouble in v5x...
Yes u are right mate and thanx for the help.Sorry but i was really disappointed before!I must stop working to some projects today trying solving the problems!I don't wanna do the beta tester for free every time!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway i don't have copy any older dsp...i've try to do a new installation over the older , and now all seems working.No more activation key requesting!I don't know what happened before...really i don't know how to explain.
Anyway all that months for that "update" it's really absurd.
I hope 5.1 it' really around the corner,and that they are developing that than to loose time fixing 5.0 but...with SC you can not use words like "soon" or similar.LOL
I'll give just some months to SC after that i must leave the Scope world...i need a working system,a FULL WORKIN system,with a FULL vst intregration and why not with the routing capabilities...but how much time for that?how much time?Do you think XITE can have any market chance without that things actually?I don't think so...
Mydriasis

Post by Mydriasis »

So does v5.0.2615 fix any bugs or offer anything new apart from the VSTIM/XTC mode?
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

i'm glad it works for you kwild :)
about the marketing question i think these guys are way ahead of their time. hopefully all that they are promising will come through in what, lets say another year... they'll still be WAY ahead of their time.

cheers SC, looking forward to your completed tests on Express Card
I only drink to make YOU more interesting
kwild

Post by kwild »

Gordon Gekko wrote:i'm glad it works for you kwild :)
about the marketing question i think these guys are way ahead of their time. hopefully all that they are promising will come through in what, lets say another year... they'll still be WAY ahead of their time.

cheers SC, looking forward to your completed tests on Express Card
I think so too in fact i really trust in Scope system since year 2000!But in 2009 a lot of things are largely incomplete and i can not stay anymore like that!
I don't buy Xite even if it will cost 1000 euros at that moment of developing!!
They are still ahead of their time but we must live and work in that time...today Scope it's a shame...it can offert a lot more and a lot of years ago.
I know the new SC guyz are tryng to do better that they can,and sorry for my last posts a "little bit unfair" :roll: but ,repeat,it's really a shame!
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

understood, you have a right to be frantic...
you know what? i'll buy a xite1 in a heartbeat once it is Express Card enabled. by that time a lot of other SC stuff will be working me thinks. but that is my choice. i won't even work with V5 until everything is sorted out only because V4.5 works so flawlessly here, for what i use it for.
this is just to say that you should use what is working best for you and be patient about the new stuff ;)
peace
I only drink to make YOU more interesting
voidar

Post by voidar »

There are some updated devices.

S|C Chorus Delay now has a working preset list button. The new EQ was updated, for some reason. Maybe SL9000? Though it lacks VST control as someone pointed out, which means there is no way for the host to save its settings.
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

Evenin' all.

One small question. Is VDAT online yet?

Merci.

ns
“Women and rhythm-section first!”
Fluxpod

Post by Fluxpod »

VDAT is working and modular cable bug is fixed.That are the 2 things that annoyed me.The overall app seems quicker and more stabile also.Probably under the hood tweaking.Also some preset bug stuff worked out.Overall it looks good.
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

Cheers, F-Pod.

Has it just started working with this latest release? I'm on the previous one and am getting this error.

ns
Attachments
vdat.jpg
vdat.jpg (6.12 KiB) Viewed 3202 times
garyb

Post by garyb »

yes, this is the first release of v5 that has a working vdat.
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

garyb wrote:yes

ns
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

INCOMMING!!!! :lol:
Joel