Woohoo. New versions

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

garyb

Re: Woohoo. New versions

Post by garyb »

yes, this is the first release of v5 that has a working vdat.
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

garyb wrote:yes

ns
“Women and rhythm-section first!”
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

INCOMMING!!!! :lol:
Joel
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

:)

ns
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i LOVE IT!
Joel
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

OK, all seems in order. We have a steady pulse. I'm going for an install.

ns
Attachments
left-handed.gif
left-handed.gif (29.63 KiB) Viewed 3305 times
dawman

Post by dawman »

Happiness................. :D
MMC or MIDI can control the VRC-S. I changed my MMC defaults on my controller to MIDI CC's and synced it with Reaper/Spubase............just fine.
untitled.JPG
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

nightscope wrote:OK, all seems in order. We have a steady pulse. I'm going for an install.

ns
Yeah, the left hand...all ways feels like someone else is doing it.... :lol:
Joel
maky325

Post by maky325 »

I am not installing this update since i don't need VDAT etc . Is ProTone finally available in v5-this version? Can anyone confirm?
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

mpodrug wrote:I am not installing this update since i don't need VDAT etc . Is ProTone finally available in v5-this version? Can anyone confirm?
I just installed V5 and set about the task of familiarizing myself with the update. I had looked briefly at the release candidate some months back but decided to revert back to 4.5 as it seemed not ready for prime time at that point.

The ProTone synth is not included to answer the immediate question. I simply copied my ProTone.dev file over into the Devices/Synths subdirectory and tried to open it in Scope and was immediately greeted with a registration window. Since I have no separate registration key for this device (I wrongly assumed it would have been included with the updated registration keys file I received this morning), there doesn't seem to be any more I can do until it gets straightened out with Sonic Core. If there is a workaround to this let me know. Luckily, I don't need it right away.

I did try to load up a Celmo device (a guitar amp simulator) and it crashed my computer (I got a blue screen of death) and had to reboot. The *.mdl file I got from Celmo was simply copied over to the Devices/Plugins directory where it usually resided. I have plenty of Celmo devices and a number of other 3rd-party plug-ins I had purchased over the years. I haven't had time to check all of them but I am not very confident about V5 and 3rd-party plug-ins at this point in time.

I did load up a project originally started in V4.5 and everything seems to run normally. I am not using XTC mode so I installed without that option.
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

Sorry - for some reason the PlanetZ forum wouldn't allow me to type more information in my last post so I'll simply add to it with a new post. I understand how Creamware/Sonic Core works (or worked) when it comes to software updates. There is no new "pleasant suprise" in this regard. While I am jumping for joy at the arrival of a long awaited update, I am disappointed that it's business as usual when it comes to clunky software rollouts. I see no updated user manual, or any information at all about what has changed since V4.5. The strangeness of the V5 project window (ie - the inherent differences between 4.5 & 5) are gonna take some getting used to I guess. I don't quite understand this business of a window within a window now (the routing window is now a separate window inside an outer window). Whassup with that?

Anyway, there is no real problem with the GUI that I can't get over in time. The colors are OK. I have no other complaint yet except for this business with the 3rd party plug-ins - some of which I will be needing very soon. I have a few older Creamware devices (like the DynaTube bundle, SynChrome synth and Transient Designer for example). I'm not sure what the story is here with any of that. I'll just try copying over the DEV/MDL files and see if they work. If they don't work then I'm in trouble as I use them occasionally. If it doesn't get resolved in the next few days, I will be back to 4.5.

Anyway - hope you all have better things to say about it. Thanks to Sonic Core in any event for the hard work and perseverance in getting this up and out the door. At least there is hope for the future now :-)
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

krizrox wrote:I don't quite understand this business of a window within a window now (the routing window is now a separate window inside an outer window). Whassup with that?
i haven't used 4.5 for a while, but i thought that was the same?
krizrox wrote: I have a few older Creamware devices (like the DynaTube bundle, SynChrome synth and Transient Designer for example). I'm not sure what the story is here with any of that. I'll just try copying over the DEV/MDL files and see if they work.
Once i got the correct keys dynatube worked fine, although i am still waiting for a valid Vinco DT key - this doesn't want to work for some reason. Transient Designer is fine here too.
katano

Post by katano »

krizrox wrote:The strangeness of the V5 project window (ie - the inherent differences between 4.5 & 5) are gonna take some getting used to I guess. I don't quite understand this business of a window within a window now (the routing window is now a separate window inside an outer window). Whassup with that?
this is the classic mode which is set as standard when installing v5. Go to the settings and change the mode :wink:

cheers,
roman
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

katano wrote:
krizrox wrote:The strangeness of the V5 project window (ie - the inherent differences between 4.5 & 5) are gonna take some getting used to I guess. I don't quite understand this business of a window within a window now (the routing window is now a separate window inside an outer window). Whassup with that?
this is the classic mode which is set as standard when installing v5. Go to the settings and change the mode :wink:

cheers,
roman

Ahh - OK thanks!

PS - I am still curious about the 3rd-party and older Creamware plug-in compatibility issues though. I haven't been following all the little ins & outs concerning this 'round here. I assume I'm not the only one with concerns. Is there a logical explanation or is this simply a "wait and see" issue? The old method involving OXE files seems to be a thing of the past right? I see no place to install them any more.
microraver

Post by microraver »

Ok, did a few test and everything seems to be ok , the new XTC mode works ! just had to make a few vst.dll for Minimax, Profit-5 , Vinco ,PsyQ ...... and adjust the cset.ini for the xtc latency ! [XTC-Config] intBlkSize=256

Also had to reset the Vst audio system and reconfig my VST Connection in Cubase !

Have also the miniscope bug and a to big sc-sl 9000 , everything else is working !

Thx Sonic Core !

P.L.U.R
Cubase 5,Scope v5.1 XTC,2xScope Project+2x A16 Ultra+PoCo 6000(CL1B+Virus)+UAD2-QUAD(Comp,Rev,EQ)+plugiator Full.Mackie Control+Ext.ASUS P5WDH,CPU Q6600@3GHZ,6GB RAM,2xPCIe Graphics,4 Display's.Win 7 32 & 64bit.
http://soundcloud.com/dominium
garyb

Post by garyb »

i believe the protone has just changed it's name....
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

I have to apologize - there is an updated manual that is included with the V5 download update and it installs into the usual spot in the Scope directory.

I haven't had time to pour over every page but it appears that chunks of it were rewritten/revised while other portions are still from the old V4 manual. In many cases, only thing they did was to replace the words "Scope Fusion Platform" with the word "Scope 5". The PDF date stamps are all from the March/April 2009 time frame. So this was probably something they started to work on and then stopped for whatever reason.

I guess Scope Fusion Platform is old news. :-)
Last edited by krizrox on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
johndunn

Post by johndunn »

I was hoping to switch over to Windows 7/64 around now, before Christmas break. But given that they released this rather weak update last week, I'm guessing there will be no x64 version for a while. Probably not until next year sometime. It's bad enough that Scope is the only software that is keeping me from moving on to 64 bit, but not having a clue about when the release will be, so it's impossible to plan ahead on this, is getting old.
-jd
Algorithmic Arts
http://algoart.com
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

krizrox wrote:Sorry - for some reason the PlanetZ forum wouldn't allow me to type more information in my last post so I'll simply add to it with a new post. I understand how Creamware/Sonic Core works (or worked) when it comes to software updates. There is no new "pleasant suprise" in this regard. While I am jumping for joy at the arrival of a long awaited update, I am disappointed that it's business as usual when it comes to clunky software rollouts. I see no updated user manual, or any information at all about what has changed since V4.5. The strangeness of the V5 project window (ie - the inherent differences between 4.5 & 5) are gonna take some getting used to I guess. I don't quite understand this business of a window within a window now (the routing window is now a separate window inside an outer window). Whassup with that?

Anyway, there is no real problem with the GUI that I can't get over in time. The colors are OK. I have no other complaint yet except for this business with the 3rd party plug-ins - some of which I will be needing very soon. I have a few older Creamware devices (like the DynaTube bundle, SynChrome synth and Transient Designer for example). I'm not sure what the story is here with any of that. I'll just try copying over the DEV/MDL files and see if they work. If they don't work then I'm in trouble as I use them occasionally. If it doesn't get resolved in the next few days, I will be back to 4.5.

Anyway - hope you all have better things to say about it. Thanks to Sonic Core in any event for the hard work and perseverance in getting this up and out the door. At least there is hope for the future now :-)
If the devices are keyed to your existing cards, then they should roll over into V5 just fine IF you send in your existing key file.
The window inside window may be that you have it set that way. I believe you can set it back to the old way in the preferences (not sure, and not at my machine right now - and I LIKE the separate windows, especially on multiple monitors).

...and SonicCore is proving more and more that they are NOT Creamware. :wink:

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
King of Snake

Post by King of Snake »

johndunn wrote:I was hoping to switch over to Windows 7/64 around now, before Christmas break. But given that they released this rather weak update last week, I'm guessing there will be no x64 version for a while. Probably not until next year sometime. It's bad enough that Scope is the only software that is keeping me from moving on to 64 bit, but not having a clue about when the release will be, so it's impossible to plan ahead on this, is getting old.

from the other thread in the general forum:
rebornonline wrote:I thought I'd ask SonicCore the question, just to see if there's any new, they said
Win 64 is coming next week as beta, OSX next year, when 64 Bit is finished.
So, there you have it :)
so if this turns out to be true you could in theory switch to Win 64 next week using the beta version. Not ideal but still...