LBH VIII for Scope (new optimized v1.5 version in user area)

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

spacef

LBH VIII for Scope (new optimized v1.5 version in user area)

Post by spacef »

August 2009

Optimized version 1.5 available with lightfast graphics/panels.

No more sound conflicts with big romplers like Kore player and the like which obliged to close LBH panel to get rid of clicks in sound...

march 2009

Version 1.2 available in user area
+ Special price for purchaser of Sonic Core online shop.
More info: http://www.spacef-devices.com/

January 2009

--- Version 1.1 is available.
It is a version I had to do to allow forward compatibility with bigger versions in the future (as i began to do...)

For more info,
check the headlines on http://www.spacef-devices.com/

======================
Hi all,
SpaceF Devices is very proud to release LBH VIII Step sequencer. It is an 8 channels virtually infinite steps and patterns sequencer where each channel can load either oscillators or drum modules. A special attention has been brought to the simplicity of the interface and all is about making the programming of all those step sequencers and modulators creative, fast and easy as can be.

Click here for more info and audio examples.

A demo of LBH VIII is available (click here)] demo: click here[/url]

Please note:
- for the moment, it requires BlackBox II Osc and Filters. A few oscillators and filters from BB2 are planned to be released with the LBH VIII, to be able to play most of the presets (4 osc/4 filters, in addition to the free ones found in the BlackBox II demo downloads). But this is not done yet.
-Hardware requirement: 12/14 dsp (LBH VIII=5/6 dsp but Drums are not light (approx 1/2 or 1 dsp per drum module .BB2 oscillators are not very resource consuming except the big chord oscillators or SMOS).
Manual: for christmas but scroll down for exctracts of the current 'quick start guide"

Also, I think it is today or next week that it will be 10 years since i plugged a dsp card in a pc - it was a 4dsp pulsar :o :wink:
For LBH VIII, there are some details if you search on the "blog" here http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... 10&t=25563
Last edited by spacef on Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:26 am, edited 18 times in total.
RP_001

Re: LBH VIII for Scope is released

Post by RP_001 »

Wow :D This looks very promising. Cant wait to try the demo!!
dawman

Post by dawman »

Jeez Mehdi...............
What is there....like 16 preset folders !! :o
This beast must be used soon.
Got the reg files and keys, thanks.
spacef

Post by spacef »

Hi Jimmy,
LBH VIII has more than 33 preset lists (i stopped counting them a while ago :-)
- the most interesting/useful ones are the ones for the sequencers (to save preste for that section only).

Also
- the length sequencers use the same length preset list
- The gate lines use the same prest list (for individual lines)
- The delays use the same preset list.

- The Pattern preset is "everything except the instruction to load/unload an insert" (but it save the changes of the insert params themselves: changing oscillator pulse or tuning is very advised ;-)
You can import the main preset list into the Pattern list (but beware when you save the patterns, that you do not overwrite the main list)
- The "Gates" preset list: the Gates are in fact the "grid" of yellow button (which determine the start of a trigger whatever is its kind). The gates are "the rythm" , but without the length or other parameters. They are useful to import a rythm into another preset (or a part of a rythm into another...).

There are other list but more or less it is the same (they are made to avoid programming again each time).

I hope you'll be all set soon !

Mehdi
spacef

Post by spacef »

There is a demo available now: download demo now

(nb : on the main entrance of the user area , you can view it full page now, instead of "inframe" as before).

PS; I have edited the LBH VIII User Area with a more complete quick start guide (that can be printed now too).
There are important info about various trigger types and some indications for the preset and refill sequencer (i do not know if it is understandable, it is the kind of thing that sounds very complex when written down, but in fact not that much when doing it, that's why a video will be posted).

Here are some extracts that can be useful for the demo:
It was done very quickly as a quick start, i hope all can be understood....

Difference between Triggered and Pitched oscillators:
==============================================

- Pitched oscillators are the ones you know, like BB2 oscillators. They will produce a sound in LBH VIII only if the little display at the left of the insert slot is set to "Frq" (Frequency, for frequency based oscillators)
- T-Drum or Triggered oscillators must be set to "Trg" or no sound will be produced.

[ ..... ]

When you save a preset for a "Kit" or Oscillator section, it saves also the setting of the oscillator (ie "Frq" or "Trg").
This is made to avoid redoing the settings each time, so kits are easy to load ans play....

PRESET SEQUENCING
====================

You can only sequence a few preset list, the most interesting one is the "Patterns". You can also sequence the "mutes" only, or the "All Gates" only.
- A pattern is everything on LBH VIII, except the instruction to load/unload an insert. Parameters of inserts will also be recalled. This is the most sophisticated sequencer mode, as you can sequence all your changes in sounds and even inserts settings.....
- the 'All Gates" preset list has only the on/off of the "Grid" ie all the yellow buttons which makes the rythm. Eventhough the Gate preset list are made to allow loading parts of presets into other presets, it can be sequenced too: as there are much less parameters (256 only) it can be faster. But this will not change the sounds themselves, only the rythm.
- The "mutes" only sequence the mute buttons. It is not useful everyday, but you never know, sometimes it is enough to make something nice.

================

You can only sequence the 8 first banks of a preset list (bank 00 to bank 07). And no limit inside each bank (preset 999 is ok). You can rename banks in order to change their order and make them part of the 8 first ones. Also, the banks and the presets must be "autoindexed" so they have a number that can be recognized by LBH VIII.

Then, in the preset sequencer, just type numbers and select a target list.
A suite of presets in the preset sequencer, is called "a cycle".

- You can also change preset with the buttons when cycle is OFF (with Midi CC for example).
- When Cycle is On, presets are changed automatically. To edit a preset that you don't like, you must put "Cycle Off" and then press the button of the said preset to select it.
If you do not do this, it will continue changing presets so your changes are lost every 32 steps :-) (because it changes the presets whatever you do on LBH VIII, unless you stop the PS).

TROUBLESHOOTING:
===================

- Clicks? the PAN has a button that desactivate unzipping. So it can make clicks on some modulators. Desactivate them to remove clicks. . This option is there for fast modulation to pan the Toms especially. It is to be used carefully because of these clicks. If you have a doubt, always turn this option off.

- No sound or weird sound; this is often due to the oscillator type not set correctly. It must show "Frq" for pitched oscillators, and "Trg" for T-Drums (again this is something usually saved with presets, so you do this when you begin to modify kits and replace a drum by an osc for example).
- or Keyboard Range: I have limited the keyboard range by default. So it plays only on the lower octaves. If you change the keyboard range while you play (in the middle of a note on) , it is necessary to "re-init" the midi channel by changing it back and forth once.
-------------------------

I hope it helps
Have a nice evening/day

Mehdi
nunziata

Re: LBH VIII for Scope is released (demo is available)

Post by nunziata »

Sounds good, reads samples outside?
happy holidays
spacef

Post by spacef »

Hello !
Samples:
Not for the moment, because it is not as "in sync" as the rest so it would have been a very weak point for this device , so i deleted the sample stuff (which take too much dsp anyway and i want this version of LBH VIII to be light).
- - May be you can with the modular patch inside (Modular Insert S) by using modular like a T-Drum and sending "pitch" as modulation. it would give almost same results as if i do it myself, but i didn't try it.
But if you are patient it should be available (but not before in a few months).3
You can send samples to the audio ins, but that's for pads and long sounds to be gated.

For the moment i prefer to work on more T-Drums, filters, and some other stuff (that are secret :) )

So for the moment it is pure Scope DSP Virtual Analog Oscillators generation and filters (and i must say i am quite happy with it, but i understand people would like to play samples too, so this is something that should come when and if it is really possible and plays as good as the rest in live situations).

I hope it helps
Thanks

Happy hollydays too ;-)
dawman

Post by dawman »

This was worth buying just for triggering these Kick Butt drums.
Using the filers and automations I already have ideas.
For some reason I am stuck in retro world when I use my samples, which are really great kits, but I have a tough time composing when the first tracks you do sound like rock & roll. :lol:
Plasma and EDS16, etc. are all O.K. for certain chores, but your drums are an entire drum synth with many possibilities.
If this is the Lite version I can't wait to see the full version.

BTW the Jaw Harps stuff is hysterical. I have some great Akai/Roland samples of Yore I would love to import in a future upgrade. Washboard & Juggs, Pedal Steel/American Zithers.....Jeez.

Really Nice Job Medhi. :wink:
spacef

Re: LBH VIII for Scope - version 1.1

Post by spacef »

--- Version 1.1 is available.
It is a version I had to do to allow forward compatibility with bigger versions in the future (as i began to do...)

-- Also, 2 new project tutorials.
Check back during the week end for Lat-S devices and other tutorials (yes, yes, soon to answer all your questions... :-)
- Also, I have received presets from a user, and I will upload this week end.

For more info,
check the headlines on http://www.spacef-devices.com/

extract from website:

LBH VIII - Version 1.1
================

- Forward compatibility of the pitch sequencer preset list (will allow exchange of presets when several pitch sequencers are integrated). Previous pitch sequencer parameters can be imported and resaved in the new list (button in the last page, "import pitch presets).
- Modified "If note" trigger in Preset Sequencer and Refill Sequencer for fault-less and light fast conditional trigger.
- Corrected Delay inputs and pre-filter modulation that used to saturate easily with external sound sources.
- T.Eg2 now goes to Oscillator Pitch modulation (corrected).
- Added 1 "P" output in addition to the "P" input (remote panel on/off , now bidirectional).
- Polyphony and individual output set up now in an new option panel.
- Polyphony parameter now selected from drop down list to avoid mistakes.
- Modified Curve of various parameters (Pitch/Filter modulation amount...).
- Added vu-meter hide function in the option panel
- Improved UI takes less memory and does not create artefacts anymore when playing some VSTi romplers (obliged to close LBH to have nice sound. Now much improved and should not happen anymore, otherwise, use the hide vus options or close the surface).
- Cosmetic/Graphic corrections (some text or sections were 1 or 2 pixels off, now corrected)
- Renamed many parameters for better tooltip when mouse-over (modulation amounts, preset buttons,...).
firubbi

Post by firubbi »

hello Medhi,
does all your plugs works with xtc mode?
thanks
spacef

Post by spacef »

Hello Firubbi,
yes for most of the regular mono/stereo effects.
For LBH, it is special, it's like a synth, it may work but I never tried.
Mehdi
spacef

Post by spacef »

ps, i made some updates on the website for MB4-II and LimFat

PS-2: LBH VIII is used either with the mix out and some individual outputs for verb, or with only the 8 individual outputs + the 2 delays indiv outs to send to several aux effects/groups (=10 stereo outputs).
In XTC mode, i think you loose the flexibility of the routine that let you change at anytime the way you use the device i/os through a sub mixer for group compression/reverbs etc.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Thanks Mehdi.
Do you think I can take a copy and dump it on the XITE-1 at NAMM ?..... :D
spacef

Post by spacef »

You must pray the Body Of Ralf !
:lol:
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

spacef wrote:You must pray the Body Of Ralf !
...because TheBoR won't attend the NAMM show.
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
spacef

Post by spacef »

On special - Welcome offer - February 2009 only
=====================================

LBH VIII now is also offered with all the current SpaceF Osc and Filters at 50% of the price (gives right to same support/updates and add-ons as regular users)
Unique opportunity for hardcore scopers....

Reminder: the LBH VIII 'normal" pack comes with a selection of osc and filters (+ one or two i didn't have the time to make for BB2 yet)
The "survival kit" is really not "basics only" , it allows very nice and wide pallette of sounds. SOme more presets have been posted to registered users only.. check examples of survival kit in action in the audio player.

Ah yes, there is one slight difference though: the survival kit comes with the LBH VIII / SC hardware key, so no "registration devices" required.....
RP_001

Post by RP_001 »

So if im right, the "normal" LBHVIII + T Drums is also half the price??

Cause i already have the BBII pack..

Cheers!
dawman

Post by dawman »

I just discovered Medhi's Meta-Osc.'s and am shocked... :o
These are Waldorf style Oscillators with 5 different waveforms in Meta 5 !!!
I can't wait for next week.
Nothing but school & classes and deep exploration of stuff I already have that I seem to keep overlooking.
I keep discovering stuff in BBII everytime I delve a little deeper.
I have to say it is the most complete package anyone can buy for Scope.....period.
Synths, Osicllars, Filters, Effects, Sample Players, Sequencers.............Sheeze.. :D
spacef

Post by spacef »

@ Jimmy, all apologies, the MetaOsc IS the waldorf osc :-)
But as it is in blackBox I called it another name not to waste waldorf name because i renamed all shapes into groups of shapes. That made it easier to me to find the right shape. It doesn't sound exactly the same neither (if someone loads , for example, a modular patch with the waldorf osc in a BB2 or LBH VII device, the results will be different).

RP: the LBH VIII sold currently is the key for xite.... and updates for scope.... (i mean the version for xite will not be an upgrade - eventhough it is long work on my part, but as it was planned from the start, integration should not be difficult).
check the shop and apply the discount and see what is the result...
I have to wait a little to change anything in this respect. Can't say much more than that..

more or less same as with other devices though....

Of course if xite is released in 2012, this plan will not work :-)
Last edited by spacef on Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Call it whatever you want, it's a fierce predator.
Crossfading at 1.2Khz from one instance to the other is incredible and very low DSP.
This tells me in XITE-1 that I can use Rotor to crossfade between 4 of these in a single Oscillator slot of MultiSynth !!...........ankyu.