LBH VIII for Scope (new optimized v1.5 version in user area)

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Re: LBH VIII for Scope - version 1.1

Post by dawman »

Almost forgot........

SpaceF Filters can mutate the mutated Oscillators for extreme mutations of mutations... :-?
dawman

Post by dawman »

The smaller single Meta Oscillators are a little more surgical.
One for the Road....
spacef

Post by spacef »

Jimmy,

all those mp3s are really excellent !! mucho very good....

much better than anything i could have done myself , as i am stuck somewhere in the 80's in terms of sounds inspiration/creation (nobody's perfect)...
the mix of spacef+bowen seems to work very well too :-)

yeah yeah, i will try to hurry, doing my best...

Mehdi
Last edited by spacef on Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I have both machines to play with for a few weeks at home now.
Can LBH VIII emulate the Rotor from the RDII series?
I would love to experiment w/ it since it is on a 3 x card DAW.......ankyu.
spacef

Post by spacef »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote: Can LBH VIII emulate the Rotor from the RDII series?
Emulate it fully, no, something more or less equivalent in the spirit but with a different result: yes.
- This is done by activating the smooth of the "lines" you want to "morph" on the grid: orange button at extreme bottom right, and adding smoothing (poti above the orange buttons).
I have limited the amount of smoothing for the moment, as i didn't envision this functions as a rotor, but more like a way to create vibrato style or simulate a kind of A(H)D EG, and being able to change the feel completely in a live / direct situation. This will not work at slow tempis as the smoothing is quite fast anyway (max = 500 ms).
Attachments
An example on 4 oscillators, with various length: consecutive buttons create 1 long note, as long as the length is 100% (here, L2=length 2 which i set easily with the preset "all 100%")...Also, some note are surimposed, so there is a crossfade effect (onebegins before the other ends).
An example on 4 oscillators, with various length: consecutive buttons create 1 long note, as long as the length is 100% (here, L2=length 2 which i set easily with the preset "all 100%")...Also, some note are surimposed, so there is a crossfade effect (onebegins before the other ends).
lbh-smooth-active.jpg (30.9 KiB) Viewed 4933 times
dawman

Post by dawman »

Just a little more polyphony is all I need.
I got both DAW's and the one w/ BBII is on a 15 chipper only.

But Moonizer IV Filter is very creamy and tweakable.
I have 4 Chord Oscillators and 5 voice poly.
6 voices would have allowed the melody to carry over, but it still sounds righteous.
spacef

Post by spacef »

I added those in all user areas (BlackBox II / Fx, all mixers , MultiSynth, LBH VIII)

WaxControl is like WaxFilter but only outputs audio modulation (and 1 CC if needed). WaxControl is good for any device which allows external audio as a modulator. Same curve controls as in Wax, but with a lag time of max=2 seconds.

CC2: like CC8 but with only 2 outputs and 2 seconds lag time (allows to create a crossfade of midi CCs or link 2 CCs together with different curves on both CC outputs).

direct info service
http://www.spacef-devices.com/dacore/in ... &Itemid=43
dawman

Post by dawman »

I love filters and have always had difficulty getting precise movements live, and absolutely detest the one handed style of playing.
Therefore using expression pedals is very important for me.
The trouble is that many are very cheaply made, and the 0-127 MIDI spec. makes accurate movements feeble at best.
SpaceF's CC2 to the rescue.
Cutoff Frequency on a Filter is a great way to open and close a Filter for dynamics. But combining small amounts of the Cutoff, w/ large amounts of Keytrack levels is much more effective, as it acts more like string ensemble crescendos, which would take 2 hands to control and another hand for playing the part.
DJ's will love this since they perform automations over pre recorded tracks, and live players will really love this because they can play the left and right hand parts while adding the dynamics w/ an expression pedal.

Here's an example of string Crescendos using CC2.
http://forums.planetz.com/download/file.php?id=4480

Ankyuvarymush Mehdi.
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:Almost forgot........

SpaceF Filters can mutate the mutated Oscillators for extreme mutations of mutations... :-?
Creamy as a bottle of gold top ;) Thanks Jimmy
GoldTop300.jpg
GoldTop300.jpg (25.06 KiB) Viewed 4555 times
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

spacef wrote:
XITE-1/4LIVE wrote: Can LBH VIII emulate the Rotor from the RDII series?
Emulate it fully, no, something more or less equivalent in the spirit but with a different result: yes.
- This is done by activating the smooth of the "lines" you want to "morph" on the grid: orange button at extreme bottom right, and adding smoothing (poti above the orange buttons).
I have limited the amount of smoothing for the moment, as i didn't envision this functions as a rotor, but more like a way to create vibrato style or simulate a kind of A(H)D EG, and being able to change the feel completely in a live / direct situation. This will not work at slow tempis as the smoothing is quite fast anyway (max = 500 ms).

LBH VIII is on the wish list Mehdi. When the funds are there you will have it :)
spacef

Re: LBH VIII for Scope - Special Offer SonicCore online shop !

Post by spacef »

Thanks guys, hope to see you soon onboard then !

I am also happy to have found LBH VIII on SC online shop.
So I made out a new season special:
- Buy LBH VIII at Sonic Core webshop and get the spacef osc & filter for free
- Advantage for the professionals: you get VAT back (very unfair, i know) :-) nb: VAT refund and other accounting advantages may depend on your country/company tax/accounting status.

Good to know: all curent LBH VIII license include the key that will be used for xite: it means you buy LBH VIII and the next "xite version" which has a bit more of everything and barely loads on a single scope board. You can also wait as the xite version is really not ready to be released and should not be released before xite is out. In any case, you can wait a little there shouldn't be a major change in prices before a little while.

- If you already have SpaceF Osc&Filters, then it makes no difference getting it at either SC or SF shops in terms of licence (it's a unique product at the moment)

for more info http://www.sonic-core.net/en/products/spacef.html

Enjoy !

Mehdi
spacef

Re: LBH VIII for Scope - Special Offer SonicCore online shop !

Post by spacef »

LBH VIII version 1.2 available in LBH VIII user area

- The major fix of this version is the removal of "ghost triggers" at speed 1/4 (no more "ghost notes at any tempo/speed, even in very heavily-loaded projects (the ghost triggers were caused by dsp placement, as well as a small imprecision from my part... now this problem is old history...).
- and a revision of the Refill sequencer trigger methods, to offer comprehensive and easier pattern control in live and studio situations: now with a simple Latch button, you can browse a whole suite of Refill sequencer patterns (so you need only one button, to change from refill 1 to xxx (999?) .... (*)
- Also, re-change of the "If note = " algos in the preset and refill sequencer for the only method in scope that works as it should (after a lot of tries... this is it).
- includes other addition for confort and minor graphic modifications.

So it is a final version for this version of LBH VIII (it is what needed to be taken care of before going any further).

For detailled info: http://www.spacef-devices.com/dacore/in ... Itemid=143

Have fun !

Mehdi

oh, and to develop on a previous post, you can use slow LFOs in the "Level" selectors, to make another "rotor-like" effect.... For example,
-- Trig= off, level=LFOx , and level button = ON.
With LFOs at slow speeds (1/1 or lower) with reversed phase (or with phases at 90, 45° etc), it is easy to crossfade, and can be added to the other method explained a few post above.
It must be interesting to experiment various speeds and shapes... I haven't tried myself, but i guess it is possible with the right settings...
The "structure" of the device is that if you put all trigers to off, and choose EG as a level modulator (or the TEG triggered by "keyboard"), then you have an 8 oscillators synth like any other synth (except that filters are "per oscillators"), and if you replace level modulator EG by LFOs, then you have volume that comes and go, and using various phases or shapes allow to crossfade in various ways.
Have fun...
Mehdi
spacef

Re: LBH VIII for Scope-v 1.5 +LBH-LE

Post by spacef »

LBH VIII is released as a "1.5" version with optimized graphics.
-->No more sound conflicts with huge romplers like Kore/Kore player and the like which obliged to close LBH panel to get rid of clicks in sound...
--> light fast UI panels, fast graphics, much faster device loding time.

The download is available as a new full install package and exclusively from the "new user area"

new user area info

listen an mp3 (LBH-LE + VST drumbox, played/recorded in midi (no re-sync or latency compensation or else).
Last edited by spacef on Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
dawman

Re: LBH VIII for Scope-v 1.5 (optimized) available for download

Post by dawman »

Very classy site indeed.
I am anxious as I wait for MultiSynth, Small Echo II, LBH VIII LE, and LBH VIII's new keys from SC.
I seem to have to have new keys for XITE-1 as some older keys are no longer valid, but I have transferred a rather large amount from all of the cards and have many new ones that came with the XITE-1.
I now have to do some serious scrollage to view all of the keys.......... :o

Ankyu..
spacef

Re: LBH VIII for Scope - available for download

Post by spacef »

Hi Jimmy,
I just thought about it: there is a Small Echo II version for BlackBox II (in the BB2 user area...) so you can use it now if you already have BB2 installed...
just for the idea :-)

thanks for the kind words about the site (you and other people), that's what happens when devs have extra time ;-)

I should be back on music for while playing with latest stuff .... see you later :-)
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
dawman

Re: LBH VIII for Scope - available for download

Post by dawman »

A beautiful design.
I use the Tape I/O's for break music, but Solo/Rec. functions can have their DSP usage disabled, along with any channel or AUX too.
Your mixers reek of Class and funtionality.... :wink:
untitled.JPG
spacef

Re: LBH VIII for Scope (new optimized v1.5 version in user a

Post by spacef »

Revision 2 of the LBH VIII notes are available, augmented with a few notes from this thread.
it is the unfinished manual where i add from time to time. only text and unrevised spelling and grammar, but better than nothing ;-)
revision 2 pdf
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
braincell

Post by braincell »

I don't come here as often as before because initially there was no 64 bit driver and then they wanted me to buy a whole new Scope platform with a lot of duplicate and triplicate modules which I already spent a lot on. I had to go with a basic good ASIO card. While some fanatics dove into the new hardware, I felt it wasn't worth it. I am sure the Xcite was another really bad decision based on what the Sonicore thought would be cool with no market research. I am very surprised that they are still in business.
spacef

Post by spacef »

Revision 2 of the LBH VIII notes are available, augmented with a few notes from this thread (page 1 and 2)
it is the unfinished manual where i add from time to time. only text and unrevised spelling and grammar, but better than nothing ;-)
revision 2 pdf
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
dawman

Post by dawman »

Thanks for the work Mehdi, and pay no mind to Braincell. Everynow and then he makes a reservation at the local library for a computer, and then vomits in as many forums as possible before they kick him out of the building.

Have a great New Year,
SpaceF rocks as usual..