Info about the release of SCOPE XITE-1 and SCOPE 5

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

nprime

Re: Info about the release of SCOPE XITE-1 and SCOPE 5

Post by nprime »

All true.

Still, they would have been better off not repeatedly announcing fictitious release dates and getting everyone's hopes up.

That's how they pissed me off. Don't say one thing and then do another!

Would have been much better to say nothing and then surprise us.

Anyway, I guess we shall all sit patiently now.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

I didn't know there had been any official release dates announced. Did I miss something?
lagoausente

Post by lagoausente »

nprime wrote:All true.

Still, they would have been better off not repeatedly announcing fictitious release dates and getting everyone's hopes up.

That's how they pissed me off. Don't say one thing and then do another!

Would have been much better to say nothing and then surprise us.

Anyway, I guess we shall all sit patiently now.
In this forum we often confuse, and "oficial message" with "I have heard that...", "a guy near the company told..." . That are simply rumours. On the web just says July , delayed.
What proves, is that all people here a looking with magnifying glass any sign about the release.
nprime

Post by nprime »

I guess that countdown clock was not official...just happened to be posted at their website so I thought it might mean something, my mistake.

Wasn't it originally announced to be released at the end of last year? Or am I also imagining that...

Maybe I am just imagining the whole thing...and you are all part of my dream...sorry. :-?

I suppose we should all be happy if it is released at all, never mind when :wink:
lagoausente

Post by lagoausente »

I only have seedn two dates, May and July. Since July, the website tells "delayed" till now.
Correct me if I´m wrong.
garyb

Post by garyb »

you're not.

also, that counter was a joke from a planetz member. it wasn't on the SonicCore website....
lagoausente

Post by lagoausente »

I have to add that I have seen more produts from other companies, that the release was delayed some months from the scheduled date. What happen here is that there is too much expectation, near desperation. Curiously at the same time as it´s criticized.
Refrochia

Post by Refrochia »

I am also frustrated about the delay but I aint buying one in the near future because I cant afford one right now. My frustration stems from wanting to know what the beast is capable of and also because of the fact that the sooner its out the better chance SC has for the future.

I can understand that people are wanting to upgrade or whatever and arent happy about the delay but dont understand why thats resulted in such negativity. People in that situation understand the power of scope and what it offers and no doubt agree that there is nothing that offers the same features. They have already made the decision that this is what they want and they know that its coming so if anything SC is doing them a favour due to the fact that the upgrades people are holding off will be cheaper or more powerful (once XCITE is finally released) due to always falling prices and faster technology.

Remember about a year ago before any of us knew about XCITE? We were given a hint that something was coming. Obviously that powered the good ol rumour mill but the general consensus was that all we would get was a driver update / bug fixes and maybe some new devices. It was widely appreciated on Planet Z that SC were still in their infancy and unlikely to be able to offer anything other than that.

Well, after the hint we were then treated to what SC plans for the future. What they announced blew everyone away (well most ppl-braincell had different ideas on the direction they should take). If you then consider that the general consensus before this announcement was updated drivers / bug fixes and maybe some new devices because "SC were still a new company and wouldnt have had time to come up with new hardware" then I guess you can understand the delay.

So where does this leave us in terms of SC as a company? Well...during this time they have released a fix for Cubase 4 and a modular fix? Which i believe were the most contentious issues. It is a shame that they havent adressed the ASB Oddisy problem that is reported. However, they are in the process of preparing for their future and their silence is testement to the time and effort they are putting into it. I have every confidence that when the XCITE is released, it will workFull stop

If anything, they are guilty of informing us of their future plans too soon. I mean lets face it - their marketing has always been somewhat lacking and they have obviously timed the wave of hype wrong as well.

Oh well. The wait continues!

Scope was, is and will always be.....simple as :D
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. These are things we don't know we don't know.
Refrochia

Post by Refrochia »

^^^ :lol:
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. These are things we don't know we don't know.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Refrochia wrote:I am also frustrated about the delay but I aint buying one in the near future because I cant afford one right now. My frustration stems from wanting to know what the beast is capable of and also because of the fact that the sooner its out the better chance SC has for the future.
SC won't have a better chance for the future if they release something that's not 100% finished, so I think the delay is promising more than frustrating.
Burnin3styleFingaz

Post by Burnin3styleFingaz »

ImageImageImageImage 1.OCTOBER------>ImageImageImageImageImage
IF NOT...Image....CHUUUUCK...ImageImage
STEVIE B:THE KING OF FREESTYLEMUSIC
Please support this Great Artist
"Stevie B. ft Pitbull- Spring Love 2010" on
http://itunes.apple.com/de/album/spring ... d385857932
I hope you like it.More infos on www.stevieb-ist-kult.de
petal

Post by petal »

I do respect the decision to do the job right before you release a product, and I believe it's the right thing to do. Which is more or less the essence of all the positive vibes in this thread. But to me the problem now is the same as it was two months ago, 'silence'. All I need is to get an idea about what is going on.
If this was a horror movie I'd say the strategy of building suspense was perfect to the point of being unbearable, but it is not - It's community management and that should be treated as a relationship of love.
All I really need is 'kisses and hugs' and stories about how everything is going to be ok, but right now I'm simply not feeling the love.

Come on SonicCore show us some love :)
djsainz

Post by djsainz »

What has gone wrong with SonicCore's new product that made them think they had a finished product ready to be released in May yet it is nearing October and still nothing, Is it really a bug related issue or could it be a legal one?
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

I agree with Shroomz.

Don't post bad vibes here, just make music to get it out of your system :wink:
Are we listening?..
Warp69

Post by Warp69 »

djsainz wrote:What has gone wrong with SonicCore's new product that made them think they had a finished product ready to be released in May yet it is nearing October and still nothing, Is it really a bug related issue or could it be a legal one?
Or they did a complete update of the hardware, so what SC will release is more like a version 2 compared to what was shown at Musik Messe?
dawman

Post by dawman »

Brotha' Man Warp69,
I found the silence from other developers was a mix of curiousity and paranoia on my part.
The fact you pop in and out of here and fight for what's right is most re assuring to guys who have large investments with SC / CW.

Thank You For Confiming My Suspicions.
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:My Suspicions.
We are now entering "The Paranoia Zone". I'm getting suspicious about Jimmy's suspicions of warp's suspicions.

ns
“Women and rhythm-section first!”
dawman

Post by dawman »

Alright.............
I will re phrase this...
In these turbulent times where silence and myth seem to takeover, I am glad to see guys like JBowen, Warp69, and SpaceF stopping in....to me this means they are interested.

That Means I Can Wait Even Longer. :D
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

nprime wrote:I guess that countdown clock was not official...just happened to be posted at their website so I thought it might mean something, my mistake.
there was never an official counter posted on the S|C website. well, there are ways to make something look kinda official, but that doesn't mean it is.
whoever examined that "official counter" thingy must either have seen that or been too ready to believe it not to reveal it as a fake. (can't blame anyone for that).

-greetings, markus-
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

stardust wrote:Image
I wouldn't even trust myself.... :wink:
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.