Sonic Core announces Scope 5!

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

next to nothing

Sonic Core announces Scope 5!

Post by next to nothing »

http://www.sonic-core.net/en/home/scp.html

Please keep this seperate from the XITE-1 Annonucement.
braincell

Post by braincell »

As I understand it, it is free for people who own version 4.5 but only if they paid for version 4.5?
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

well, seeing that the XITE-1 thread has drowned in update-question regarding Scope 5 (what, 2 pages the last hours?) i guess it would be a good idea to seperate the two. Just to make it easier to follow.
braincell

Post by braincell »

I thought I might own Scope 4.5 and not know it since I bought a Scope card last year. I just downloaded the 4.5 version and installed it. This was dangerous since my system is not backed up. I don't have a large second drive with enough space to do this yet.

It worked! I am posting this because there might be someone in the same boat as me. Now version 5 will be free for me. It's nice since I am building a new computer with Vista this year. I still think it is sad though that people who don't have version 5 will not be able to run Vista with Scope or so it seems. I wonder if version 5 will work with Vista 64 bit. I might get that since Vienna Symphony Library has a 64 bit version and there is a 64 bit Cubase I think.

One advantage of using a 64 bit OS is that you can have more than 4 gigs of RAM. RAM is cheap now and a lot of music programs love it, so does Vista.
astroman

Post by astroman »

just to prevent you from being disappointed... ;)
I can install the Scope 4.5 download without any problem
but I definetely don't qualify for a free Scope 5 update, as I never bought 4.5

it has been repeated several times, but once again:
the SFP software of version 4 is the same as on 4.5 as are the keys and so a 4.5 download installs without problem with the 4.0 key

the paid 4.5 update adds certain devices (which I didn't need and so had few reasons to aquire...)
I assume that those devices are an integral part of version 5 and therefore you are charged if (and only if) you either didn't own those plugs before or didn't buy them with 4.5

ergo this is relevant for just a handful of people
it is completely exaggerated in this 'charge for driver bla bla rubbish' :evil:

the card you aquired may indeed have those keys - I just wanted to get the context right

cheers, Tom
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

soon!? :D
anyway i hope i can switch to 2core acpi without troubles
with the 5.0 version :roll:
i needn't vista right now
ciauz
SergUs

Post by SergUs »

cannonball wrote:soon!? :D
ciauz
"Intended to be available in May 2008: Version 5 of the SCOPE software will be released at the same time we release the new hardware SCOPE XITE-1."
:D
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

I wonder if we get those goodies with v5

because they are now listed under the v5 announcement.

That`d be awesome.... as they also seem to look more decent than previous plug-ins...

I like the new white design.

Hopefully we will be enlighten tomorrow, I can`t wait till saturday. :D
braincell

Post by braincell »

It would be so much easier if all 4.5 users qualify.

I wish i could use it without the devices I didn't pay for if there are any. I don't see anything new in 4.5 for me but there are a lot of modules in there. The modular is organized in a yellow section which I suppose is something different.

It would be very helpful to know what modules are required to qualify. I wish someone from Sonic Core would make it clear.
astroman wrote:just to prevent you from being disappointed... ;)
I can install the Scope 4.5 download without any problem
but I definetely don't qualify for a free Scope 5 update, as I never bought 4.5

it has been repeated several times, but once again:
the SFP software of version 4 is the same as on 4.5 as are the keys and so a 4.5 download installs without problem with the 4.0 key

the paid 4.5 update adds certain devices (which I didn't need and so had few reasons to aquire...)
I assume that those devices are an integral part of version 5 and therefore you are charged if (and only if) you either didn't own those plugs before or didn't buy them with 4.5

ergo this is relevant for just a handful of people
it is completely exaggerated in this 'charge for driver bla bla rubbish' :evil:

the card you aquired may indeed have those keys - I just wanted to get the context right

cheers, Tom
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

braincell wrote:It would be so much easier if all 4.5 users qualify.

I wish i could use it without the devices I didn't pay for if there are any. I don't see anything new in 4.5 for me but there are a lot of modules in there. The modular is organized in a yellow section which I suppose is something different.

It would be very helpful to know what modules are required to qualify. I wish someone from Sonic Core would make it clear.
It's very clear: if you BOUGHT Scope 4.5 then you get 5.0 free, if you have Scope 4.0 or lower then you have to pay. That's it.
braincell

Post by braincell »

According to the post Astroman made, this is not true.

Read what he said. If you own all the modules, then version 5 will install. You have to read more carefully. It has been repeated here many times before.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

braincell wrote:According to the post Astroman made, this is not true.

Read what he said. If you own all the modules, then version 5 will install. You have to read more carefully. It has been repeated here many times before.
No you misread him, look:
"the paid 4.5 update adds certain devices (which I didn't need and so had few reasons to aquire...) "

Like most software these days, Scope 4.0 and 4.5 contain everything. For example if i buy the Avid editing software nowadays then it contains all the software needed for offline or online or even HD quality. It's not three separate programs, what you pay for is keys to unlock the level you can pay for. If you could hack it you could use it for HD editing.

Now back to Scope. Do you have keys for SBC? i think this was a 4.5 only device (i may be wrong). If not, then you only have the level of keys for all the 4.0 goodies. You may be lucky. My install path actually says Scope_4_5, so if you have installed 4.5 it should have a program folder called that too, and the splash window should say 4.5 as well.
braincell

Post by braincell »

Thanks but what is SBC? Scope Breath Control? j/k. Seriously I don't know what that is.

Do you mean bx_control? It is under effects?
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Well check your registry and see if you have a key for it - it's just labelled SBC - i think it's Spectral Balance Controller or something.

Also available at
ftp://sonic-core.net/software//Scope_family/nokeys_OXE/
scroll down to SBC_NoKeys

although as i say if you have 4.5 it should already be in there (it may even be in 4.0 - my memory's a bit hazy on that one).
hubird

Post by hubird »

no you're right :-)
I got the SBC when I bought v.4.5, but I still use v.4 for some reason.
There were some problems, maybe with OMS or Quicktime even, can't remember.
But I copied two graphic files to the working 4 version, so SFP shows the ingenious ball in the menu section.
Files are still saved as v.4 files, which is perfectly right.
braincell

Post by braincell »

Alright, well I should have waited a couple more months before I bought my card. I can promise this is the last thing I will ever buy from them.
hubird

Post by hubird »

disappointing again of course Image
maybe this is the unintended price for certain reservations you made in the past regarding upgrades and costs?
It's a guess tho :-)
braincell

Post by braincell »

Actually this card I bought because the older cards were causing many PCI overflows in several different computers which I had hoped would fix it.

They are now not being used and I won't sell them because I don't want complaints. They were what amounts to about $1600 down the toilet. I never had a good experience with them. I would be lucky if I was careful and they only bombed twice in a night!

Now you can see what my nightmare was like. How would you like to be using your computer and just praying it was not going to bomb?

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :cry:
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

braincell wrote:They are now not being used and I won't sell them because I don't want complaints. They were what amounts to about $1600 down the toilet. I never had a good experience with them. I would be lucky if I was careful and they only bombed twice in a night!

Now you can see what my nightmare was like. How would you like to be using your computer and just praying it was not going to bomb?

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :cry:
braincell wrote:I like my cards. Why do I have to keep reminding you all of this. Please do not say I am unhappy with my cards again.
garyb

Post by garyb »

hey, even a ferrari has limits. the first cards were farraris when they came out, but they were more like toyotas by the time the new type2 cards arrived. those type1 cards certainly worked though, i still use two of them. just like the toyota, if you don't try to make them do what they can't, you won't crash....