SpaceF - Valve Mixers -version 1.7

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

spacef

Re: SpaceF - Valve Mixers -version 1.7

Post by spacef »

auricle wrote:Hi Mehdi,

Is the FB5 really unsuitable for the Xite-1? I bought the FB5 + V82 bundle yesterday and I haven't had time to try it. I hope it's usuable :(

I think you can already load an FB5 on xite, but the Aux effects will have to be used externally and not inside the inserts.... for the moment.

In any case, if it is not loadable right now, it will be, I hope shortly.
To give an example, I've been working with SC for LBH VIII compatibility on Xite, and I understand better how the architecture treats the modules and how to allow very big devices to load on Xite. LBH VIII is a monster-device; it had to be splitted and now has to go through serious (and quite long) surface work.

FB5 should be much easier to adapt to Xite. Contrary to LBH, there is no exotic circuits in FB5 and this should ensure easier upgrade.
I don't have Xite yet so it is a bit long to test and adapt as I have to send to SC, they test it, they answer, I try other stuff... etc etc until we get where we want to get. It is a longer process and SC has to test when they can, between 64bit version and xtc and bugfixes... Thanks Ralf Dressel for his help.

So I think I can say "no worries, it will be compatible".

So FB5 users will not be left at Scope-Era and will be able to use all devs on Xite whenever possible. It is just a matter of time.

May be I will stop LBH VIII testing and continue with FB5 as it should be so much easier... not a bad idea....

Auricle (and other who use SC shop): could you please mail me some proof of purchase so I can activate the access to the user area ? after the second attack on the website, that led to its total deletion, I haven't had the time to re-do the forms and all the stuff that existed on the site before november especially for user area access. You will find my email on my site, "contact" page. Thanks a lot in advance and sorry for this unconvenience.

I hope this answers the question.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
auricle

Post by auricle »

Thanks for the detailed reply, Mehdi.

That's great news that you'll be optimising the FB5 mixer! It sure seems to be a favourite around here and since I trust these guys' judgements I went ahead and bought the mixer.

Mind you, I've been looking at LBHVIII as well so please don't leave it too long ;)

I'll email you proof of purchase straight away.

Thanks again!!
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

Where can I get v1.7? Sonic Core only has v1.5 on the site.

Thanks
spacef

Post by spacef »

couldn't find it neither, for a few minutes...
Attachments
FB5-V82-V17.zip
v1.7 (referenced on my disk as "feedback on aux outputs")
(2.6 MiB) Downloaded 306 times
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

Thanks Mehdi!
All working in v5.1 now. Those babies are DSP hungry!

Have you stopped for Scope now?
spacef

Post by spacef »

for the moment yes. my xite also has a power problem and must go to maintenance (i almost lost it this summer, as it remained more than 1 month somewhere in post offices (they sent it to england instead of germany, amongst other adventures.....). and with work i have little time for devs now.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

many thx for the update!
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
Scope Sandbox soundcloud ~ youtube ~ bc modular-guide° ~ modules-SR
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

Where are the manuals. I can’t find them. I’ve noticed there’s no phase option
Within channels.
spacef

Post by spacef »

you have phase issues ? you don't need them anyways. not in those mixers (there is no "channel" inside so you can align the whole m ixer or nothing, and all is done inside without the need for user intervention (because he can't do anything anyways) . FP mixers are built the same (no channel inside, at least, not the way people imagine that).
There is actually nothing to align inside the FB and FP mixers, except the whole mixer at once (which doesn't mean much :-) ) . Also, the various internal part can't easily load on multiple dsp or boards (it is possible though, but the device is told to never do that if the available dsp resources allows, which is generally the case).

anyways, what is your plateform (scope pci or xite?). It is in case of multiple pci scope board that it can load over two board, but in general, it can't happen easily for the same reasons as above.

Only Modular Mixer v1 or 2 have "channels inside" but they are made for Xite (works fine on Scope PCI too, i use it now) and each module loads on less than 1 dsp. Even in cases of complicated build with many scope switch off and on again to get that missing connection from dsp x to y, it is supposed to load on 1 dsp or at least to load the connections together on 1 dsp (which is inherited from xite archtecture, not a function inside the device, ie, i don't do anything special in the devices in this respect: either xite deals with it, or not, ... there is really not much to be done about that, but in general it is fine). That's why there is no phase button per channel on any spacef mixer. People who find that they absolutely need a phase align button per channel should probably use something else. There will never be any phase align function on any spacef device (it is not a "phase button hate" issue :-) , its just the way things are over here, and I can understand that not everyone is happy wiuth that) .

In all cases, thanks for your interest.
Mehdi
Last edited by spacef on Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

I’m on PCI. I was experimenting with 2 mono channels panned L-R and a stereo channel both receiving the the same audio signal from a DAW. The STM didnt phase the signal completely but yours did. Essential for things like parallel processing. Sometimes the STM mixer is ok so I’m trying to work out where it happens.

Do you have any links to the manual Mehdi? They’re not part of the downloads.
spacef

Post by spacef »

here you go !
Attachments
FB5-User Manual.pdf
(1.54 MiB) Downloaded 196 times
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

Thanks
spacef

Post by spacef »

.... and please disregard paragraph about Midi CC total recall etc. it is not all wrong, but it doesn't seem right to me now... Ah... I was young :D lol

see you
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

Valves give a really meaty feel to some sounds.