Official Statement : SONICCORE news

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

bill3107

Official Statement : SONICCORE news

Post by bill3107 »

to stay neutral (this is an official statement, remember...) i just quote Holger D in his recent email :
Dear Jonathan,

no, of course I don't get you wrong! Thank you for
your hint and your confidence.

If you would like to post the following to bring to
attention:

When we at Sonic Core decided to acquire rights on
the Scope Technologie it was because we believe in the
idea of Scope as the most powerful and innovative
technologie CreamWare brought out. The great variety
Scope offers is mainly the result of enganged and
creative third partie developers and the amazing
Scope community. This engagement is the most respectable
and valuable. Thanks to all of you to still be here
after years of stagnation on the Scope Platform
from CreamWare's side.

Whenever we will decide to release a new Hardware or
Software which is based on the Scope Technologie and
its philosophie, we will ensure that these brilliant
technical feats done in the past will be part of the
future also.

Sonic Core is not a big company, but we are doing our
very best to come out with some little results soon,
to let you know that we believe in you, in us, and in
the future of Scope.

Kind regards
Holger Drenkelfort
dawman

Post by dawman »

Thanks Brotha' Man Bill3107,
And thanks to Brotha' Man Holger.

That is the news we all have been waiting for. I could never understand why they didn't bring this out sooner. But I would have stayed in their camp for the simple reason that there are no other options that come close.

Personally I think they are doing the safe and smart business model.

They could be like Steinberg and just lie to us, but a late and truthful statement is encouraging.

The new Solaris has caused me to downsize my stage rig to 1 DAW. I will have a production DAW for extra cash, and dancing ho's. Mine will be quite unique and beautiful.

3 AUX's each with a dedicated hardware effect. The PCM91, 81, and the Oberheim EDP will be quite happy there. This DAW has every type of I/O needed for stage and studio. AES / EBU, ADAT, SP/DIF, and balanced I/O analog, and unbalanced, plus 2 x A16 Ultra's. The girls get the Behringer if that project takes off.

I seriously doubt that anyone will want to get rid of their old Scope boards, as they would be doing w/o, just to have the new ones when they become available. We will all probably just build another DAW and keep the old one running also. Afterall, even old DAWg's can still hunt.

Thanks For Shaing This Valuable Tid-Bit w/ Us,
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

well, if those "little results soon" to come are really that little (like holger wrote) there is maybe no reason to be overly enthusiastic right now, jimmy. (but your effort in trying to cheer up everybody is, nevertheless, a nice gesture :) )

but I'm of course always willing to be proven wrong :D

-greetings, markus-
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I am a man of Faith, even though I have my own set of the 10 Commandments.
Afterall, back when the Lord delivered Moses the tablets, they hadn't seen thongs or G-Strings yet.

I say let them show a profit / loss whatever their business model may be, and next year, they will have to get busy with their " little " things.

I am sure that my hardware will function perfectly until I decide it's fate.
bill3107

Post by bill3107 »

i thought Holger was a man ?! :D just kidding ....

As for the subject (scope4 has always pictures that make us forget what was the initial subject. :o ..) , i do think that Vista issues has something to do with the general "wait-and-see" attitude of many audio companies. What i know is that Soniccore's projects take time, that's the truth. In the meantime, we still have 3rd party developpement so there will be a future for sure. As for HD announcement, it is only a prudent and wise one... All what i know is that they are very currently very busy ... :wink:

Keep loading your DSPs ...

Jo
Anna Lüse

Post by Anna Lüse »

hasta la vista
Anna Lüse

Post by Anna Lüse »

iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

I seriously doubt that anyone will want to get rid of their old Scope boards, as they would be doing w/o, just to have the new ones when they become available. We will all probably just build another DAW and keep the old one running also. Afterall, even old DAWg's can still hunt.
My opinion about that: I burnt my Pulsar II board a year ago now. I thought I would appreciate to leave this platform and "prepare myself" to overcome the lack of flexibility proposed by other DAS vendors. I was in some way "forced" to jump to the other side .
After a year of hard times with other PCI and firewire gears, I am coming back to what I still and more than anytime consider to be the most powerful, creative and flexible platform on the market. I think, in regard of the tech potential, strong community support and modularity of Scope, that it shall survive to the small flacks or lacks that some people have risen against it. A single look to what I saw during this year just strenghen my opinion, even if my plans now include to use some firewire device as an ADAT FX rack and as a main DAC for monitoring.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Well said !!
Sorry about your card burning. I too will burn mine,...but during my Viking Funeral @ Lake Tahoe, as I will take my Scope cards into the AfterLife.

SO IT SHALL BE WRITTEN, SO IT SHALL BE DONE !! ( Exodus..1956 )
Last edited by dawman on Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

For me it's now about rebirth!!
Attachments
DSC000422.jpg
DSC000422.jpg (3.55 KiB) Viewed 4722 times
dawman

Post by dawman »

As the good Marshall McCloud would say....................................................................
There Ya' Go !!
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

scope4live wrote: Sorry about your card burning. I too will burn mine,...but during my Viking Funeral @ Lake Tahoe, as I will take my Scope cards into the AfterLife.
you did not bury ralf (before his time has come) by any chance, did you? or why is there a cross where his body is supposed to be? :)

-greetings, markus-
--
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

stardust wrote:Ralf is alive but busy assembling ASBs. Dont you remember ?
1) I'm sure he is alive (or better: was alive some weeks ago) since I had him on the phone.
2) he is busy.
3) I doubt he has time to even touch any ASB, except for his very own pleasure (which I, too, doubt he has any time for)
4) remember? remember what? :)

-greetings, markus-
--
bill3107

Post by bill3107 »

yes you are right ... soniccore's staff is very busy :D ... which is a very good news ! :wink:
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

did holger, btw, pass any news to you about that little something they are preparing for us fellow supporters? :D

.oO( ...damn... must....hesitate....to....ask... whether it's free of charge or not... )
--
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

official news (forwarded in a private message), eh? :lol: :D
dawman

Post by dawman »

Don't worry guys,
When Solaris hits the market, people will start talking and those interested souls will be looking to the company for info. They will have a roadmap or something.

My God we have DAS, Wolf, SpaceF, and Bowen to keep us busy, and I am personally learning what I have purchased still !! By the time I really get a grip on things, they will have some product news.

Holger is a top DSP hunter, they didn't drag him out of bed to borrow a few bucks. He is making sure that all of his ducks are in a row when the shooting starts.
bill3107

Post by bill3107 »

:o For more confidential informations, you must ask an activation key from Ralf :D Just kidding ...

I am just a soniccore power user like many here and worldwide(Scope4live is rather a kind of guru now :D ...) All i know is that Holger D is a very nice person, fair and close to his market ; when it comes to technics he is among the best, when it comes to business he wants to build a strong company, with a strong reputation, that's why his annoucements will always be "cautious and discreet" for some people or "shy" for others... Ralf is not burning for sure but he is very busy undoubtfully ..

All i know is that Soniccore current projects need time ... Dsp, hardware, software are the words used by Holger himself ... And as mentionned, ... yes DSP technology is the Sonic..... core business !

In the meantime, i still have manything to discover about my scope system. for the first time i will have a look at the XTC section as i am considering using this mode with my brand new Samplitude9 Pro :wink: And yes, Scop4live is true : 3rd party deveoppers give us amazing tools in the meantime ....

:wink:
dawman

Post by dawman »

Strength And Honor.

And as the good Marshall McCloud would say.......................................................
bill3107

Post by bill3107 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: