New Solaris Core synth!

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

johnbowen

Post by johnbowen »

In celebration of Zarg Music's 6th Anniversary, I'm excited to introduce a new version of my acclaimed Solaris synth, the <b>Solaris Core</b>. This synth consists of the core elements used in most of the original Solaris factory presets. It also is presented in a size that easily fits 1024 x 768 screen resolution. There are 4 of my RDX Oscillator sections, each of which can select from six different oscillator types, and 2 filter sections, with expanded filter types.
<p>You can check my Web site for screenshots and more info, or contact me directly to request a Demo. The introductory price is just 129 Euros (extended through end of December).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: johnbowen on 2005-11-29 10:36 ]</font>
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

hi John,
will the solaris owners benefit from the new filters added in this new version?

Thanks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: djmicron on 2005-11-16 18:15 ]</font>
johnbowen

Post by johnbowen »

On 2005-11-16 18:07, djmicron wrote:
hi John,
will the solaris owners benefit from the new filters added in this new version?
Any new features of Solaris Core will be added to Solaris v4.0.

cheers,
john b.
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

Thanks very much :smile:
virtualstudio

Post by virtualstudio »

congrats with your 6th Anniversary!!!!
keep up the good work!
Ed

Post by Ed »

Congrats! Hope you will enjoy us with much new cool synths!

Nicholas.
dawman

Post by dawman »

John Bowen, Man Or Myth.
I am purchasing your Q-Wave, and Solaris vers.4 in a minute or so. I'm home for another couple hours and just can't seem to get enough done. An associate of ours will do the installation due to my impatience with my lack of computer skills. Hell I'm just a keyboard/synth addict, who hopes to achieve Pulsar Zen when time allows.

May You Be Molested By Large Breated Babes,
johnbowen

Post by johnbowen »

On 2005-11-20 16:55, scope4live wrote:
John Bowen, Man Or Myth.
I am purchasing your Q-Wave, and Solaris vers.4 in a minute or so. I'm home for another couple hours and just can't seem to get enough done. An associate of ours will do the installation due to my impatience with my lack of computer skills. Hell I'm just a keyboard/synth addict, who hopes to achieve Pulsar Zen when time allows.

May You Be Molested By Large Breasted Babes,
Hi Jimmy,

Just to let you & everyone know - I don't expect Solaris v4.0 to be out until early 2006.

john b.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Sorry John,
Gotta pay for my Matrix 12 ebay purchase and sushi bills. A slight overspending on my part. Well I will treat myself for Christmas instead. I will contact from SOCAL. in 3 weeks. By the way, some of my Japanese associates will be viewing your website soon. I love to look at thier faces when they hear the XPander MIDI'd w/ Scope. Their eyebrows shoot up like in Godzilla movies. There is a market here for ASB or Scope that has been largely untouched. These guys love Scope, and think that someone built it espsecially for me. Thats the advantage of using a platform that no one knows about.
decimator

Post by decimator »

For info, the presets excerpts in the solaris thread - http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... forum=16&1 - are valid for Solaris Core.
I'll update with more soundfiles coming from Solaris Core presets soon
John has done a *huge* job to make a Solaris at a lighter price ( not that simple ) and even a more quite tedious *chore* to port what can be ported so you could at least reward all the hard work done by some demo requests ... :wink:
decimator

Post by decimator »

I forgot to add that there are now two freq modulation modes instead of one and also " dual " modulation modes, look at the GUI, better try the demo ! :razz:
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

It looks awesome, probably more useful (and easier) to me in the long run than the current Solaris. Is it free to current Solaris owners, and if not, is there a special crossgrade discount? Does it use less DSP? :smile:

Shayne
Melodious Synth Radio
http://www.melodious-synth.com

Melodious synth music by Binary Sea
http://www.binary-sea.com
johnbowen

Post by johnbowen »

On 2005-11-29 14:04, Shayne White wrote:
It looks awesome, probably more useful (and easier) to me in the long run than the current Solaris. Is it free to current Solaris owners, and if not, is there a special crossgrade discount? Does it use less DSP? :smile:

Shayne
Hi Shayne,

Well, first, no, it's not free :smile: I'll have to come up with some kind of 'deal' for current Solaris owners, if there really is interest.

Second - the DSP usage should be about the same. Remember, it's using all the same modules and functions for the presets as was needed in the regular Solaris, and with that, the unused sections are off-loaded from the DSP anyway.

I'll be posting all the differences (between Solaris and the Core version) in the Devices section at some time in the near future. One of the other reasons behind this design was to have something more easily portable to an ASB format, although for that, I'd still need to strip some things out (such as Wav playback and FX Inserts).
john bowen
bowen synth design
zarg music
johnbowen

Post by johnbowen »

Hi,

I've now posted the differences between Solaris v3.0 and Solaris Core:<br>
<a href="http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... um=16&3</a>.

Please email me for any other questions, etc.

regards,
john bowem