horrn@horrn.de (by horrn)

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Post by Guest »

hi guys,
yesterday i´ve got some interesting news from the mess ;))

1) xtc will be a software! you will not have to buy new cards-you can use it with your pI or pII cards you have. it allows the mode called XTC to use all effects or syhnths directly in your vst-compatible sequencing system.
BUT: note that you will have the latency of the audiocard for playing the instruments via midi... in the case of the fair-system in frankfurt that was 25ms at creamware! the cause seems to be: you are loosing the possibility of the ulli-settings which are only available in pulsarmode when you have the envoronment in backround (in xtc-mode the environment-projectwindow- is away!)... in xtc-mode you have no wiring possibility!

2) pulsar II srb will not get sold anymore... the new dsp-card is pulsar xtc. that´s changing!
advantage: user who don´t need the pulsarenvironment with extra ins and outs on that cards don´t have to use a complete card for the xtc-mode. they can buy an xtc-card, can use the dsps, the instruments and effects on that card in their seyuenving program!

3) we will get an update which will have a real "master reverb" which sounded real great at creamware... a REAL reverb... and some new effects which seemed to be from the scope platform... also delay which can do up to 4 sec!

4) all this information from creamware direct... but you know: i don´t give any warranty....

greetings and good luck!

t.

Post by Guest »

Subject: ...explain better please...

a)You tell that you can't run pulsar software and xtc software at the same time?
b)If I have for exemple a pulsar 1 and a xtc card I'll be able to use 10dsp in pulsar software or 10dsp in xtc software not?
c)And if I have only pulsar 1 and and xtc software I may use my 4dsp in xtc software and not pulsar 2.04 software?
d)Can you tell me too if the new pulsar upgrade with the new masterverb will be free or for sale?
Thank you very much!

Post by Guest »

Subject: smu, ... yess.... hm!

hi smu,
all i understood was:

- xtc is a software that will be available as update (not upgrade) for each pulsaruser.
- xtc will also be the new "srb"-card which will enabling people who don´t want to use the pulsarenvironment to use the pulsar effects and instruments in their sequenzing software ... but with the latency which is caused by aour audiocard you are using THEN!
- yes, in future you can choose 2 modes:
a) the normal pulsarmode with all this wireings you can do.
b) the xtc mode which don´t allows wireing and don´t allows using ulli-settings (because pulsarenvironment will not be there!)... advantage: you can control all controllers and record it directly in your seqeunzing program!

and so on....
don´t worry, it will take time at least till may!

greetings

t.

Post by Guest »

Subject: stay calm, it´ll be cool... (;

a) because of the different concept it is not possible to run pulsar mode and xtc mode together - but it isn´t necessary either... because in xtc mode all the routing and mixing is done in the vst-application.

b) of course.

c) well, of course you can run 2.04a on your p1-board, also the xtc mode - but not at the same time...

d) it will be free - like all updates for pulsar. and like most updates there are some new goodies from scope within.

gruß,
Mo

Post by Guest »

Subject: Thanxs mo!

Post by Guest »

Subject: pulsar user since 1998. no regrets yet ;)

they didn´t disappoint me, at no time.
their products are so cool, the pricing is ok. and the update politics are IMO very very userfriendly.
always some new devices to play and some new bugs to... (har har, just joking...)
and the developement of the products goes exactly the way i want it to... (more integration, like vst, gsif, and on...)

go on, creamware! yer doing so right...

Mo

Post by Guest »

Subject: MO, what´s up? you read my lines? ;))

hi mo (and all the others!),

yes i´m working well with it...

exceptionally no bad comments from me (harhar!)...

i thought the news are fine, aren´t they?

greetings

t.

Post by Guest »

Subject: should i not...? (;

the news are fine, indeed.
well, the 'master'verb (harhar ;) could have been there a little bit earlier... but the other stuff... nice.
any comment from creamware about the release date and version number of the new software?

Mo

Post by Guest »

Subject: release planned for may/june...!

hi mo,
so the release should be planned for may/june (but which year? harhar!)...

so i don´t know, do you think it will be before summer?

:))))

we will see!

update logic 4.7 should be there in some weeks-also fine (just for me!)... exs-sampler will be updated too in this update!

stay in tune ;))

t.

Post by Guest »

Subject: sry, lost headline! NEWS from FRANKFURT MESS(E)!

Post by Guest »

Subject: still looking for a logic demo newer than 3.5

i´m using cakewalk at the moment, but got a demo of cubase, and threw it on my test partition... it´s strange... well, i also want to have a look on logic, but got only a demo of version 3.5. is it actual enough, or should i try to get a newer demo? is there a newer demo version at all?

'well-tuned' Mo (;

Post by Guest »

Subject: well... :?

hi mo,
i will take a look at a demo of logic 4.x! but be sure: logic 4.7 (the actual coming version) has nothing to do with this old version 3.5! it´s so cool!

... on the other side: take a look on yahoo.com and search for a crack of logic... you can find at least 4.6 as crack,,, if you want to see how it works, it´s fine to use a crack!

i´m owning this platinum 4.6 by myself-i love it!

be that tune

t.

Post by Guest »

Subject: mo, please send me your email-adress!

hi mo,
can you please send me your emailadress!?

thanx

t.