Controlling knobs!?

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Rene

Post by Rene »

Hey,

How can I control the knobs of VST instruments like Neon and Model E in Cubase???
Right click and giving a number to the knob(like in the Pulsar environment) doesn't work!
Maybe there is a site with a tutorial!

THANX in advance!
Lotuz

Post by Lotuz »

You can control the knobs (most of them) with Continuous Controller Messages. See http://www.kvr-vst.com/midi.htm for more info.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Regarding continuous cotroller messages. I have set up a controller in Logic to control the 4-pole filter which I have applied to the whole mix in one section of a song. What I'd like to be able to do also is turn the Filter on and off (Using the bypass button?) as and when I want to. Is this possible. I need an on/off controller I suppose?
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

I've never tryed this myself, but I've heard that there exist a program which let's you program about 100 commands. So you can assign any key you like to anything in any program. Sorry, don't know the name. Hope this helps anyway for you to search the program and try it out.
Rene

Post by Rene »

Thanx a lot for your help.

I was on the site which Lotuz suggested and they had the knob numbers for the Neon and Model E.
But for the Neon there are only two knob numbers although it has more knobs. I red something about sys-ex. Can anybody explain in some short sentences (or probably a site with a tutorial)??

Thanx again
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »