connecting devices

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

glockh210

Post by glockh210 »

running SFP on XP and am having difficulty connecting devices. When clicking on inputs or outputs the cursor changes to an hourglass yet nothing ever gets wired together. What am I doing wrong? Thanks
siberiansun

Post by siberiansun »

had the same problem from start.
In SFP -> settings, change to "standard cursor".
now you got the windows-arrow instead and just have to hold the cursor OVER an output, see how it changes to a "+" sign, left click on it, move to appropriate input, cursor should once again torn into a "+" sign, left click and viola! a virtual cable appears.

note: to my experience some devices, such as analog dest,
can handle only ONE stereo pair of virtual cables. e.g you cannot connect more than ONE module to it.
good luck!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: siberiansun on 2002-10-08 16:18 ]</font>
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

The hourglass cursor is just a visual bug. Creamware, if you're reading this, I mentioned this months ago, it should be a very easy fix... That said, its just a visual thing, you can continue connecting wires even when the cursor shows this hourglass.

I used to use these replacement cursors, which I remember worked well (fixed the visual aspect) but haven't tried them yet under SFP:

http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... forum=13&2

If anyone tries them under SFP I'd be curious to find out the results. Make a backup of that directory first.
at0m

Post by at0m »

I don't remember the hourglass cursor not switching back over lately, maybe it's become an automatism to clock in neutral field but I think it's fixed with the alternate cursors which I installed a while ago.

Another bug I noticed which is a little more serious, is connections not appearing or dissappearing. It happened on aux' from STM2448, don't know if it's a bug -I don't use it often.
The connections are visible in the Livebar, but not in the Project View. They must be changed from Livebar now. If I have more info on that one, I'll mail CW.
glockh210

Post by glockh210 »

Thanks for the replies, I switched the cursor view to the old style that changes to a plug and find that it works alot better that way, thanks again