Pattern delay's tempo is off?

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

Just a little nag that I've been trying to ignore, but the pattern delay (in propack) can't seem to keep the right tempo.. it always seems to be a little slower? perhaps by 3-4 bpm. Anyone have this problem?
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

And I thought it was just me. I've been making stacks of wavs recently for my producer friend - including quite a few percussion fx with pattern delay bpm - and when trying them out on a straight 4/4 they seemed a bit loose.

I haven't noticed this when using it with synths in a track, but then that's a much more forgiving environment.

But I do dearly love the pattrrn delay. There's nothing quite like it even in the over-populated VSTi market....
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

So does anyone know how to solve this?
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

I absolutely adore this device - and even did a search to find an equivalent VSTi/DXi plugin. There were a couple of similar things, but nothing with the elegance and simplicity of the CW version.

Does no one else use it?!
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

huh?? This is wierd.. I thought everyone would be going nutz over this device. I guess not.. Maybe a delay with effect sidechain is more attractive?? Who knows. :smile:

Oh well, I'll look into this through some experimentation.. should be easy enough to send a click through it, make it do a 4/4 delay, and compare BPM of input and output. That should result in a "type in ??? to get ???" type of list. It will be a great device to have working in maximum accuracy.

I'm also guessing that all the Creamware delay modules that use BPM share the same code so if I figure this one out, it'll mean I've figured all of them out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kensuguro on 2002-05-05 08:39 ]</font>
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

or maybe not... this is just total chaos here.. I just tried the click thing, and a couple of different drum loops through it. It seems like everytime the delay resets, it gets a bit faster. Meaning the more the feedback, the more off the timing will be. This seems like heck of a screwup to work around.. I'm letting it go for now as it might as well be fixed in 3.1.

It's no wonder why everybody avoids it. :lol:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kensuguro on 2002-05-05 08:59 ]</font>
andrew

Post by andrew »

well here we are on version 4.0 and I've just discovered this useful little bugger called the pattern delay!! looking f*** wicked and the delays u get from it are ace.

however, I've had exactly the same problem as u guys and just done a search for pattern delay and found this thread :smile:

wow.. why would something so useful have such a FUNDAMENTAL FRUSTRATING FLAW as this??!

please creamware sort it out.

Andrew

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: andrew on 2005-12-02 11:07 ]</font>
hubird

Post by hubird »

I will check this later on mac, as it indeed is important Ken.
No workaround for this, strictly spoken.
I -shame on me- seem to have forgotten about this plug...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hubird on 2005-12-02 14:56 ]</font>
andrew

Post by andrew »

I've emailed cw support in germany on this one. will let you know what they say

andrew
fra77x

Post by fra77x »

Maybe you experience the situation that only at 23ms (bigger setting) ulli setting the delays (tempo delay) works ok. If you want shorter Ulli you must provide the exact number in ms. It works ok then. I use a clock and a freq divider in a modular connected to a tempo delay so to read the exact value when i work on other Ulli than 23ms...