Program change messages (by Brett)

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Post by Guest »

Has anyone been able to work out how to send program change messages from Cubase to select and change presets in Pulsar. I have given my presets program numbers but when I try to call them up from Cubase...nothing happens....
I'm guessing that I need to send program changes as one byte from the bank section or "send as program change"... but neither works so far... any clues?
gelder

Post by gelder »

Subject: program change

do you mean how to change cutoff , velocity etc ?
AudioIrony

Post by AudioIrony »

Subject: Re: program change

no, I mean switch between presets via program change

Post by Guest »

Same problem for me, whats even more annoying is,
sometimes it works (1 of 20 maybe). Is there some
special setup one have to use in order to get prog changes
to work?

Post by Guest »

I've posted this question a while ago here on this forum because I have the same problem, but no one seemed to be able to tell me anything to solve it. I think we should ask CW about this as I think it's rather rediculous that it only works once in 20 times.

Post by Guest »

The strange thing about all of this is that I can.. on some synths... get volume change messages to create gate effects... I can sit there and watch the volume knob spin around.... by using the "learn control message" feature and sending the control message data from my sequencer.......
However, I just can't get Pulsar synths to sync to midi clock or respond to program change messages. I was lead to believe that Pulsar integrated seamlessly with Cubase... but unless I'm doing something horribly wrong with either Pulsar midi/sequencer modules or OMS, then CreamWare really need to get their act together. Hmmm... a complete studio on a card .... I don't think so!

Post by Guest »

Well, yeah normal midi messages sent to the knobs of the synths/fx and mixers all work fine with me too. It's just hte program changes that don't.

Post by Guest »

Subject: Anyone ever got program changes to work ok everytime?