MIDI interfaces for Pulsar/Scope (by soultrip)

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Post by Guest »

Does anybody know if Pulsar/Scope favors USB or Parallel/Serial MIDI interfaces? Which kind works best?

Post by Guest »

Subject: Re: MIDI interfaces for Pulsar/Scope

Some motherboards (e.g. all with BX chip set) show much less PCI performance when USB is enabled. With new boards like the ASUS CUSL-II USB and PCI are completely independent.

Ingo,
CreamWare

Post by Guest »

Subject: Pulsar and Midi-Interfaces

Hi!
At last, this is not a question for Pulsar. Pulsar is working with all interfaces fine, with USB, Serial and Paralell! To play the Pulsar - Instruments i use often a direct midi port of Pulsar and if you playing tracks from a Softwaresequencer you don't need a interface at all. The interfacequestion is more for external synths, you can use USB, it is working fine with win98se, but i prefer to connect my AMT8 serial, the driver is testet since years and i don't have any problems. But for smaller projects i use the midisport 2x2 USB, and since now no problems to report. If you have Cubase 5.0 (like me) than i would have an eye on MIDEX8, which is out now, but i do not have any experience with this gear.
Stefan
AudioIrony

Post by AudioIrony »

Subject: Re: Pulsar and Midi-Interfaces

I found that on a Macintosh, using OMS that you can only use the midi ports on the Pulsar card to trigger synths within the Pulsar environment.. All midi messages are ignored by my sequencer (Cubase)... This means I still have to use a serial midi interface with a VERY basic setup... just one crap synth that I use as a controller.... I would like some help on this if someone has been able to work it out.. I'd like to be able to use my printer instead of having to use the port for my midi interface ;-))