Lost my Keys .rgy File in Hard drive failure - How can I generate a new one from my Scope Installation?

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

k500zm

Lost my Keys .rgy File in Hard drive failure - How can I generate a new one from my Scope Installation?

Post by k500zm »

This happened a while ago - but just realised most of my scope related files were on the D: partition of my failed C: drive
I have tried but there does not seem to be an option
Or who do I need to contact?
astroman

Re: Lost my Keys .rgy File in Hard drive failure - How can I generate a new one from my Scope Installation?

Post by astroman »

Don't you have another copy of the keyfile around (on drive or even the keys sent by mail) ?
It's a regular textfile, whatever extension it has, and can be imported when Scope doesn't find the file and prompts for keys.
k500zm

Re: Lost my Keys .rgy File in Hard drive failure - How can I generate a new one from my Scope Installation?

Post by k500zm »

Thanks astroman

No other archives unfortunately.It was 5 years ago I received the updated keys for 5.1
However Yahoo Mail said my Inbox was full a few months ago and tried to make an archive of the old mails and it crashed!
So I have just gone through what was left and was able to get my Zarg keys BUT

I did find another file, not a .rgy no actual extension at all, but opened it with notepad and it looks more like request strings for everything 5.1 !?

For instance here is the line for basic synths

0CWTC082B233ZD4W5YDR6WJYJRCW5YJR6W6YJR6W5Y6ZASX
+ 53HR2X60W SC Synths 10/07/14 00:25

Do you think this is a correct line for the actual key or just the request?
astroman

Post by astroman »

yes, that looks correct, now you just have to look for the other items... best of luck.
Otherwise write to support with you card's serial number and they probably have a record to send by mail.
k500zm

Post by k500zm »

Danke starman
astroman

Post by astroman »

you're welcome... nice typo, rings an old Bowie riff within my head, colored by the sound of an old tube radio... :D
Last edited by astroman on Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garyb

Post by garyb »

the "keyfile.v5" in Scope\app\bin contains your keys, if it hasn't been overwritten.

if you don't have the keys or the emails showing the purchase, there may be record of them in the SC shop(write to support).

if all of these are gone, so are your keys. make sure you make copies of your complete keyfile(in Scope\app\bin) when you have a working setup, and save to a few locations that are not on your audio PC, or else...
astroman

Post by astroman »

To find the original file a search for content with a section of the key (like 53HR2X60W) might help.
k500zm

Post by k500zm »

Thanks Gary - all present and correct and backed up

The reason I noticed they were missing is I am changing my mainboard from a GIGABYTE Socket 1366 - GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 1.0) to a MSI X58 Platinum
as I need 2 pci slots for my new pulsar 2 and am getting prepared for every eventuality.

I don't intend on doing a fresh install of windows and I doubt I will need to as all cpu memory etc and chipsets are the same but if I do I will need my keys.
garyb

Post by garyb »

sure.
the good thing is that you have 'em!