Creamware Pulsar 1 Help/Support/Install files needed

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

paulflan79

Creamware Pulsar 1 Help/Support/Install files needed

Post by paulflan79 »

I've found my old Creamware Pulsar 1 PCI card and would like to install it in a Windows XP computer i still have for testing,

Now I'm unable to find any of original install files, Only my hardware PCI card

I've searched the internet for the original install files however haven't found them and Sonic Core no longer keep's any of the original software on there website for download,

Dose anyone still have the Pulsar v2.04a or Scope 2.5 install files to share please as i'm shore that is what my key's are for I've still got

If not what's people's advice please, to try and get this card fully working without buying the upgrade as i've not used this card in year's so i'm not shore it even still work's or i would actually use it enough to justify the expense of the upgrade however would be an option in the future if the card actually work's

any help, advice would be gratefully received
garyb

Re: Creamware Pulsar 1 Help/Support/Install files needed

Post by garyb »

write SC support and ask for a v4.5 keyfile.
you'll only get a basic keyfile, but then you can use v4.5. at the same time, you'll get a link to the v4.5 install files.

if you want to test v7, download and install it from the SC website. copy/paste the request string from the registration window that opens when you first use Scope into an email to SC support asking for a temporary key. then you can test for free...
paulflan79

Post by paulflan79 »

Thank you for your reply,

So will SC still provide the install files and keyfile for V4.5 ?

However i would like the install files for Pulsar v2.04a or Scope 2.5 as i already have the Keyfile with all the extra plugin's i originally got when i first got the card ready to go as i saved it in multiple of way's stored in different places however didn't do the same with the install media unfortunately

Would it actually be worth me paying for the upgrade to scope 7 being as i only have the original Creamware Pulsar 1 card and no other creamware/sonic core hardware ?
I'm only wanting to try it in a rack mounted Win XP slave machine with my old DSP card's for the soft synths & FX/audio processing along with a Powercore PCI and UAD 1 and some of the old 32bit VST/VSTi plugin's taking advantage of the pulsar's Adat I/O to a digital mixing desk with Adat I/O as a kind of sound module
garyb

Post by garyb »

if you have your old keyfile, then send a copy to SC when you ask for the v4.5 keyfile and you'll get new keys for those plugins, too.

v4.5 is sufficient for XP, for sure. you might get some additional plugins by purchasing v7 though. there's no real reason to use v2...
paulflan79

Post by paulflan79 »

I was just hoping someone would be kind enough to share a copy of the install files for Pulsar v2.04a or Scope 2.5 to make it straight forward for me to just install and try the card before deciding if i'm going to actually use the card etc

if anyone would kindly oblige i'd be extremely grateful

cheer's
garyb

Post by garyb »

well, v2 isn't so special, so if you want to test to see if you want to use it, v4.5 is better for that. the thing is, you could have already had v4.5... :D
valis

Post by valis »

I would go so far as to say anything before v3.1 isn't worth installing to 'see if you want to use the cards'. And since you can have 4.5 instead of v2, I would do as garyb suggests. He may know a thing or two =]
Peter Drake

Post by Peter Drake »

Unfortunately for you, I recently took a trip down memory lane. Things were really ugly back then, but if you insist...

https://mega.nz/#!10USgCAJ
garyb

Post by garyb »

i don't understand why people don't like to write to support. i'm not THAT mean....
paulflan79

Post by paulflan79 »

Thank you very much Peter, however your link is asking me for a Decryption key

could you please PM me the required Key for me to download them please

very much appreciated
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

Peter Drake wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:32 am ...Things were really ugly back then, but if you insist...
mmhh... remember a CW info > 2.04a had many party plugs chinacracked :oops:
pulsar his prime-time was in focus of hacker-crowd... and brought enormous user growth,
that distributed extremely much advertising until the next update
everything has its advantages and disadvantages,
today we say blackfriday deals up to 99% offer :lol:
i bought the synth sampler package for 750euronen, now all included 8)

pulsar 1 with 13ms latenz need card v2-ulli to bring it in presence
changelog: presetlibrary much better in 4.5...
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
Scope Sandbox soundcloud ~ youtube ~ bc modular-guide° ~ modules-SR
paulflan79

Post by paulflan79 »

I've gone to install the pulsar 2.04a in windows XP using win95 legacy mode and the install went fine however now i think the drivers wont install/device unrecognised,

I've checked device manager both without the card and with the card installed it's showing up as an unknown media device so I'm guessing the card must be OK ?

I take it i need a driver for Win XP as i didn't realise the pulsar 2.04a was for Win95 till i tryed installing it :( any advice pls ?

apart from the, email SC for a scope 4.5 keyfile and install files (Do they still have them only you can no longer download it from there website ?, which i must admit i'm now considering as i thought this may be an easier/quicker option... however you know what thought did......
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

I seriously recommend you do yourself a huge favour and just email support@soniccore.com as suggested. It will save you a lot of time and trouble. :)

Cheers

t_t
paulflan79

Post by paulflan79 »

long shot but anyone got v3.1 as i know i got this card working with Win XP

Ya i hear what your saying however it still dose not answer my question...

" email SC for a scope 4.5 keyfile and install files" that i don't have an issue doing however,

Do they still provide free Scope 4.5 install file's and Keyfile ? only you can no longer download it from there website and it clearly states they no longer provide support for Scope older than v5.0, i know they used to charge for that update ?

Can anyone please confirm they do actually provide free upgrade's to a version i can actually install and provide installation files and keyfile please ?
paulflan79

Post by paulflan79 »

I've emailed SC support... waiting on reply
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

Yes, that is the best thing to do. I am sure they will be able to help. Just give them some time and you should hear back soon. It sometimes takes a short while to receive a reply due to timezones, but they will reply as soon as they can. :)
paulflan79

Post by paulflan79 »

I've received an email back from SC support :)

I'm extremely impressed,
my first email stated.....
Unfortunately there Keyserver is down at the moment however they will send me a new keyfile with link's to download the software :)

and then... O my life... as i'm writing this post i get a second email from SC support, with my new keyfile for Scope 4.5 plus a download link (Speechless !!!)

This kind of continued service/support for a sound card made on the 23.02.99 by a previous company (Creamware) that Sonic Core bought out mainly for it's software environment powered by DSP hardware appear's outstanding,

and defiantly put's the like's of TC Electronic to shame with there PowerCore range, week's I've been waiting if only for a courtesy email back saying "sorry we no longer support your product" or at least something about there PCI card and UAD with there UAD1 PCI legacy product support or total lack thereof from both companies,

I clearly understand that technology advances and moves on leaving product's behind however it's when companies leave there customer's that's invested hard earned money into copy protected software plugin's that run on DSP card's they no longer support but more importantly stop providing authentication keys etc for legal use, I'm now left looking at other mean's of using the PowerCore card for personal use

If only more companies was like Sonic Core,
now i'm actually wondering, should i actually start using Scope 4.5 regularly again as i was actually only wanting it for a retro sounding slave PC i now wouldn't hesitate but to buy the upgrade however would i benefit only having a single pulsar card ? or would it soon use all the DSP power of the old sound card ?
Peter Drake

Post by Peter Drake »

It really is impressive, and I'm sure the people behind it like to get some positive feedback like this once in a while. There are a lot of good things that have come from how far ahead of its time Pulsar/Scope were and are, robust protection that doesn't cause operational problems, the fact that nothing important or useful has been abandoned over the years, and that the support is still there for very old stuff.

Yes, you should use it regularly again, and possibly upgrade. Using Scope devices often exposes flaws in the equivalent devices in the native world. I can't be the only one hearing ugly phase problems in a lot of VST plugins.

I'm very happy using old 5.1 on Windows 7 64, but there are some minor tradeoffs to it like inability to use some .wav devices. That being said, what's good for you depends on the other things you're using with Scope and whether everything is in the same machine. Personally I'll get into V7.0 soon because I try to do as much as possible in one box/computer and there are and will be more applications for audio that are Windows 10 exclusive. OTOH, I miss Logic Audio on Windows enough that I may add an XP 32 machine to my setup.

More DSP power just equals smoother workflow IMHO. There are very few very huge devices as far as DSP demand, but things add up. When I had only four DSPs I would have to stop, render some things to audio, and make a new project to do the next steps; with the previous iterations available if I needed to backtrack. With eight DSPs I didn't have to do that as much, with fourteen hardly at all, and with 25 never; but I might find a way. As they say, power corrupts.

Also, welcome back to Scope.
paulflan79

Post by paulflan79 »

Yes i originally stopped using my DSP hardware when i upgraded my PC to take advantage of all the new native vst plugin's etc running on the CPU that was coming out however now there's more than i care to count an most of the VSTi synth's sound so similar there not worth bothering about, they sound thin, cheap and lifeless and require so much extra processing on there output and still sound cheap and lifeless so i've started looking once again at hardware and DSP based music production
at the time i even sold my nord modular g2 rack :( something i continue to regret and miss the modular interface and work flow even if it's complicated at first because being able to build the hole synth engine from scratch etc and being able to input audio for processing sparked my creative side which has slowly dwindled away just loading plugin's with 1000's of preset's to just pick from and only a couple of controllers to automate in the sequencer,
i often reminisce over my past sequences where most of the midi data was controlling multiple continuous controllers painstakingly programmed creating continuous movement and morphing of the sound throughout the track

Unfortunately i couldn't find my original Keyfile but i know i had it somewhere on several different DVD's as i did find it not long ago when looking for something however over the year's I've built up quite a collection and put it back into a spindle of 50 not realizing i'd need it week's later :(
but now i know the card is still working fine with scope 4.5 i'm seriously Considering paying for the upgrade to Scope 7 after looking into it for the extra plugin's that are now included and the added bonus of being able to install it on Win 7 64bit with better graphics/work flow and everything else,
like i say i've recently been looking into it once again and noticed,
SCOPE Synth Legends Bundle
SCOPE MODULAR III
Classic Synth'n'Sampler Bundle
Classic Mix'n'Master Bundle

Plus other plugin's they now provide free of charge with the upgrade,

why can't other companies do this ? upgrade to the newest version of there main application and get a bunch of there legacy plugin's free specially when the software is dependent on proprietary hardware they have already sold for huge profit's and there not continuing to sell any competing hardware/software why don't they do a final release unlocking the hole system from any copyright protection if it requires server authentication etc free of charge even if they stated there no longer updating or officially supporting it etc or at least accidentally release crack's to the community to keep the hardware alive instead of cutting it and everyone that's payed hard earned money for it off dead, floating in the water should there current system go down

Sonic Core definitely set's the standard we can only wish and probably will be left dreaming that other companies would follow there lead instead of following there own self righteous capitalist greed

(sorry went on a bit of a rant there lol)
anyway
How do these card's get on with the PCI-e to PCI adaptor's ? I've got a studio slave / server with Dual, Quad Core Xeon 3.2Ghz CPU's and 72Gb RAM filled with hard drive's i use remotely using a couple of 1Gb Ethernet cables consolidated for faster data transfers however it only has PCI-e slot's unfortunately ?
paulflan79

Post by paulflan79 »

What's peoples experiences trying PCIE to PCI adaptors to use theses card's in more modern PC's without PCI slot's ?