Creamware Pulsar 1 Help/Support/Install files needed

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Ripper

Re: Creamware Pulsar 1 Help/Support/Install files needed

Post by Ripper »

paulflan79 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:30 am What's peoples experiences trying PCIE to PCI adaptors to use theses card's in more modern PC's without PCI slot's ?
BAD!

Just... don't!
paulflan79

Post by paulflan79 »

Ok cheer's

I still have an old Dell T3400 with 8Gb RAM running win 7 pro with a couple of PCI slot's also a rack mount PC with Asus P5LD2-X motherboard with 4Gb RAM running Win XP that it's currently installed in running Scope v4.5 originally for testing

Now if i build a PC around the Pulsar card and Scope software which computer is best suited ?

I'm planning on using it like an external rack synth/FX unit with a far easier graphical interface for it's soft synth's and effect's to start off with using midi and Adat for I/O
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

paulflan79 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:04 am Ok cheer's

I still have an old Dell T3400 with 8Gb RAM running win 7 pro with a couple of PCI slot's also a rack mount PC with Asus P5LD2-X motherboard with 4Gb RAM running Win XP that it's currently installed in running Scope v4.5 originally for testing

Now if i build a PC around the Pulsar card and Scope software which computer is best suited ?
I still use an ASUS P5WD2-Premium mobo w/ Intel Pentium dual core D945, 4GB RAM,. WinXP SP3 / 32Bit, Nvidia graphics,- running SCOPE 5.1 on XITE-1.
In another machine I run SCOPE PCI 15DSP card,- also some ASUS mobo, 2 GB RAM only, WinXP SP3, Matrox G550, Intel Pentium 4 2.66 GHz single core and running SCOPE 4.5.
The latter I use as an ext. outboard synth- and FX rack and it runs flawlessly until you don´t want to squeeze all kind of native VST DAW usage out of it.

But it will change because I already bought SCOPE 7 for both the XITE-1 and PCI card.
The PCI card will go into the dual core machine still running XP and SCOPE 7.1 32 Bit once the update is available and I´ll build a new machine for SCOPE 7.1 and XITE-1 then.

But when using SCOPE 4.5 on PCI card as an ext. synth/FX rack,- any machine running Win XP on a stable mobo w/ 2 GB of RAM, good PSU, passive graphics card and even IDE HDDs is good enough.

I´d say your ASUS P5 / XP configuration should be the right machine for SCOPE 4.5 and the time being until you decide for a modern machine and SCOPE 7.x.
And maybe you start saving cash for modern S|C hardware like XITE-1 D or XITE-1.

SCOPE software moves on,- it does even it´s a bit slow because the company is small.
Until the day you might decide for latest/greatest SCOPE,- they possibly have the updates incl. SCOPE 7 64Bit bug fixes ready.

The only reason why I don´t install SCOPE 7 now is I´m waiting for the BNC wordclock fix because I want syncing 3 machines w/ AD/DA converters all together to a master clock.

:)

Bud
paulflan79

Post by paulflan79 »

That you for your informative post,
thinking past just using it as an outboard synth/FX in my home studio
thought this idea was a pipe dream at the time however with more investigation may be possible if i can get windows XP stable enough,
I was actually hoping to use the Asus P5LD2-X as it's in a nice rack mounted case with 1 Hard Drive for OS & Software plus 3X 1TB hard drives on a raid card i would like to use for hard disk recording and build a nice protective case to hold that and my Behringer DDX3216 with Adat card safely both making something i can use in my home studio and also make it portable to take advantage of the 16 Buses and multi channel Adat card of the mixer and being able to record upto 16 channel's of audio in a live setting for later mix down in my home studio

How plausible and stable do you think it would be ??
providing i don't become reliant on using Scope for it's FX & synths for live use then even if the computer crashes i've only lost the ability to record any live event that has no impact on the event it's self
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

paulflan79 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:28 am ... with more investigation may be possible if i can get windows XP stable enough,
... the Asus P5LD2-X as it's in a nice rack mounted case with 1 Hard Drive for OS & Software plus 3X 1TB hard drives on a raid card i would like to use for hard disk recording
...take advantage of the 16 Buses and multi channel Adat card of the mixer and being able to record upto 16 channel's of audio in a live setting for later mix down in my home studio

How plausible and stable do you think it would be ??
providing i don't become reliant on using Scope for it's FX & synths for live use then even if the computer crashes i've only lost the ability to record any live event that has no impact on the event it's self
Well, I can only talk about my systems and in that case one of my systems composed from Creamware SCOPE PCI card, ASUS mobo, old Intel P4 single core processor and running WinXP and SCOPE 4.5.
My SCOPE 5.1 system is,- I said already,- S|C XITE-1 connected to my other rackmount machine w/ different hardware inside, but outdated too.

I dunno your system, never worked w/ it, so it´s very hard if not impossible at all to predict future behaviour of your upcoming rig, sorry.
I also wonder why your Win XP isn´t stable as you mention above.
My Win XP machines are dead on stable as long I´m in 32Bit SCOPE.
Once it´s up and running, it runs ´til the cows come home.

I imagine I´ll have a hard time when building a new Win10 64Bit machine and getting it that stable w/ SCOPE 7.x and like all my Win XP 32Bit machines were always.

Bud
garyb

Post by garyb »

get a motherboard with PCI slots. there are plenty of them and they work.
paulflan79

Post by paulflan79 »

as stated above i currently have two spare motherboard's with PCI slot's however mean's adding yet another PC to my setup

my main PC is a HP Z420 with Win7 64bit but only has one PCI slot that's taken up by my EMU 1820M sound card and my other is a loud remote/networked server i've managed to install Win7 64bit on with X2 Xeon quad core CPU's and 72Gb RAM for running all my VSTi's and FX however only has PCIE slot's

look's like i'm now adding a Win XP PC to the collection

remind's me of back in the day when i used upto 5 PC's and a wall of monitor's all next to each other :)

I've not tried the Win XP install for stability and may try and start with a fresh install from there, However my question was aimed at relying on a PC for live use where should the computer crash then the show would be over
garyb

Post by garyb »

xp is fine for that., but other windows OSs will work about as well.
Scope doesn't crash when windows crashes, but you'd no longer be able to move any knobs, etc...

it's very doable. with an ssd for a C: drive, you can boot most versions of Windows and open all your apps in 60-90 seconds...
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

paulflan79 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:49 am
I've not tried the Win XP install for stability and may try and start with a fresh install from there, However my question was aimed at relying on a PC for live use where should the computer crash then the show would be over
You might find an audio-optimized WinXP here https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=30162.
You need a valid licence incl. serial number for Win XP Pro SP3.
Be prepared to have all the drivers necessary for your hardware collected because you´d have to integrate ´em into the nLite file,- IIRC.

When using software rigs, every live-show is over when the computer crashes.
For live gigging/touring, you´d have to duplicate the software rig, run both simultaneously and have an option to switch from one to the other when one of it fails.
And to be really save, have a spare system available in addition.
Well, that rules for the "native" ASIO DAWs and VST plugin hosts for live gigging.

SCOPE itself is very stable together w/ Win XP ,- but once you combine w/ ASIO-host and VST plugins,- any sloppy programmed VST plugin is able to crash your machine´s OS.

Today´s gigging/ touring standard rig seems to be Macbook Pro and Mainstage hosting plugins of your choice in addition to the plugins coming w/ Mainstage.
A variant is Mac MIni reckmount together w/ MOTU audio-/MIDI interface and Mainstage.
Desknew Technologies Gig Performer Desknew Technologies Gig Performer is cross platform and worth a try too ...
For PC, Cantabile https://www.cantabilesoftware.com/ rules.

For use of a few VST plugins together w/ SCOPE, I installed Cantabile free on my machine and used SCOPE 4.5/ 5.1 ASIO (32Bit float) driver.
Worked stable !
MIDIOX http://www.midiox.com/ helped routing USB-MIDI into SCOPE environment.
Nonetheless it´s cumbersome to carry a 4HU rackmount computer around for gigs.
In fact, there´s also a UPS, power stabilizer and s##t necessary to run save.

Since some time I try finding a powerful laptop w/ expresscard slot to run SCOPE 7 and some VST plugins,- but it´s a nitemare because the powerful Intel i7 quad notebooks don´t allow disable turbo-mode in BIOS.

Bud
paulflan79

Post by paulflan79 »

Thank you Bud however the download link on the first page of the thread is now dead :( so i can't download it,
I'm shore i've got a copy of that somewhere however would have to search through spindle's of 50 DVD's each and take forever :(

Dose Scope 4.5 install on Win 7 using legacy mode while being stable ?

I may just wait till the expense of Xmas is out the way then pay for the upgrade to Scope 7 and look around for other cheap Creamware PCI card's for sale here in the UK and fill the other PCI slot's
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

paulflan79 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:17 am
Dose Scope 4.5 install on Win 7 using legacy mode while being stable ?
When SCOPE 4.0 and 4.5 were released, there wasn´t any Win 7 existing,- so SCOPE 4.5 drivers are for Win XP.
I doubt Win7 legacy mode changes that.

Upgrading SCOPE:

When waiting and saving money, try to afford a XITE-1D if you don´t need the 2 Mic-Pres/ Hi-Z inputs.
When buying a XITE box next year, the latest SCOPE version is included IIRC.

Bud
Samprass

Post by Samprass »

Hello to all!
I have a pulsar 2 and the A16 for about 20 years. I alsi use 2 uad cards. I've been Recording albums since then. At least 30 albums, with windows XP and cubase.
Now in 2024 i'd like to use some vst3 plugins and install win 7 with Reaper or cubase 5, but I only have scope v3.1. I.ve sent an email to sonic core but they just invited me to buy scope v7...
IS anyone here kind enough to send me a link to download scope V4 or V4.5
And will my allkeys file work with it ?
I don't have so much money and I would like to continue to record with this gear, I can't afford to buy a complete Gear...
garyb

Post by garyb »

unfortunately, your v3 keys do not work in v4.
astroman

Post by astroman »

My keys didn‘t change from version 3 to 4, iirc version 5 was the 1st to introduce a new key scheme. :o
garyb

Post by garyb »

nope. v4 and v4.5 have new keys for the Scope program.
valis

Post by valis »

I have 4.0 & 4.5 (Mac & PC) archived here, but you will still need keys. Sonic|Core doesn't (last I checked) have them on their ftp.
Samprass

Post by Samprass »

Thanx for your replies guys! If anyone one of you Can send me a V4 or 4.5, I'd like to try with my allkeys files, then if it doesn't work I will keep on looking for a second hand for sale.🤔
Buy the way I'm recording 3 New albums next month
nebelfuerst

Post by nebelfuerst »

If you want VST3, you'd need a "modern" version of your DAW. Most DAWs stopped support for 32bit. Ich also use Win7/32 one one of my PCs as this is the way to run software of the XP-age, but you'll be stuck with old DAW.
Did you try if scope3.1 is willing to run on Win7/32 ?
( For 64bit, there is no chance anything bevor scope 5.1 )
\\\ *** l 0 v e | X I T E *** ///
Samprass

Post by Samprass »

I've already tried to install win7 with scope 3.1, it stars but crash direct. I'd love to install win7, cubase 5 or Reaper, with scope V4 or 4.5...
I don't need vst3 so much.
Mostly I record on multitracks, i mix with my uad cards and really few vst plugins,
Then sometimes I do a Quick mastering on another computer with win10
valis

Post by valis »

You'll want Scope 5.1, but GaryB should be correct that 4.x changed the keys.

Feel free to confirm yourself if you wish:
Scope 4.0

Scope 4.5