Samplerate settings

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

JoPo

Samplerate settings

Post by JoPo »

Hi !
Something I should know but... I'm having some crak noise when reading asio on my PCI system --> ADAT --> Xite on another pc. (Crak noises occur only with that signal chain !). I suspect a master/slave issue but impossible to find !

I'd like to know what mean the ADAT B on the bottom left of the samplerate settings window of Xite. I know the "sync source' column but I don't know why ADAT B appears again on the left with opt SPDIF.

If anyone knows... Many thanks to enlight me !
SR.jpg
SR.jpg (21.83 KiB) Viewed 2624 times
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
Ripper

Re: Samplerate settings

Post by Ripper »

Thats for you to choose if you want to use S/PDIF or ADAT on THAT port.
For instance I found out that my Korg M3 wants it as S/PDIF, not ADAT.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

But which port ? ADAT B ? Is it possible to use SPDIF on ADAT ?? And why isn't there ADAT A ?
Ripper

Post by Ripper »

I don't have a Xite-1. Sorry, can't answer that part of the doubt. But i would say that that section is refering to the ADAT or S/PDIF for ADAT B port.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Ripper wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:55 pm But i would say that that section is refering to the ADAT or S/PDIF for ADAT B port.
For sure ! But what for regarding sample rate and slave / master ?
valis

Post by valis »

The other posters seem correct, it means use the second optical port for ADAT (as you would think) or as an optical SPDIF, which is 2 channel only. Probably you would still select the sync source as usual when in slave mode, even though it's switched to 2 channel operation it should still respect the same sync setting. The only time I find cause to use it in SPDIF mode is as Ripper says, when a device wants optical SPDIF, as some computers will do for digital output to a media center or etc.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Thanks !
In fact, my Xite ADAT B isn't link to my Scope pci computer anymore, only ADAT A. Maybe should I use ADAT B between Xite & pci instead of ADAT B in order to get rid of the crackling sounds ?
I noticed that after checking release asio when cubase is not the active application feature (on the xite pc), the bad noises were much less present. It's like cubase is closed for asio drivers. Very odd !