Win 10 can't change projects

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Ricardo

Win 10 can't change projects

Post by Ricardo »

Firstly, please don't waste your breath if this is already covered somewhere. Just point me there please.
Just installed Win 10. Scope is booting up fine into the startup project, all OK. audio and program functions are fine.Comms with Samplitude are
good also. BUT: When I try to change to another project, or build a new project I get a warning. 'Delay waiting for DSP 8 (or something like that) hardware cannot respond'. Mixers won't load. It's telling me 'no board found'
I tried a new install (over the top), but it still happens. Drivers are installed OK.
The attachment scope.jpg is no longer available
The attachment scope 2.jpg is no longer available
scope.jpg
scope.jpg (18.65 KiB) Viewed 3177 times
Anyone know how to resolve this Please.
I have xite 1D btw.
R
w_ellis

Re: Win 10 can't change projects

Post by w_ellis »

Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

Thanks w
I’ve checked all connections IRQ etc. Before the win 10 install the dsp 6 message was just an irritation, and due to my xite being a 1-D.
The odd thing about this is that if I try to change projects, or load a mixer the whole thing fails. I also noticed that I cannot delete the xite folder as it is telling me the files are in use, this is after an uninstall.
Yesterday I tried a fresh install on a different partition and to my surprise it worked fine. I’m wondering if something in win 10 is the problem.
I’ll see how it goes today but I’m feeling a bit pessimistic about performance with having scope on a different drive
R
garyb

Post by garyb »

win 10 works fine.

the XITE-1D WILL throw an error for the dsps that it doesn't have, but after clearing the error, it should work fine. this is something that is addressed in v7.1(for sure!!!), but it shouldn't be stopping you.
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

Hi Gary
After clearing the error it simply wont load the mixer, only asio and other in/outs
It tells me 0 board, some pep errors. The failed attachments showed these messages. I can re post if you need
R
garyb

Post by garyb »

no, i believe you.

the board 0 errors would have me concerned, that would be a failed XITE, except that it works ok on another drive. that's strange.
anyway, i don't think it's the end of the world, if it works, but it points to some kind of file issue, somewhere on the C: drive. the computer is just a filing cabinet. if the files are where they are supposed to be and intact, then programs can run as they are supposed to run, in theory anyway. it should be fine that the files are on another drive because all the directories from installation will point there. it does make things potentially messy, just from a nice and neat point of view.

the timeout waiting for acknowledgement of dsp 8 would not be unusual for an XITE-1D using v7. it should not stop anything.

you can check your windows filesystem for errors, and the computer for virii, but that's clutching at straws. you might get lucky and find something. i mean, there's no way that the XITE was turned on and/or connected after the computer was booted, right? likewise, no way that the XITE was disconnected or powered off with the computer running, no? the other, boring and obvious question to ask is if you've tried a different HDMI cable. i don't mean to be insulting, i'm just trying to think of reasons that the board 0 error would open. a board 0 error in the scenario you described would indicate that Scope software and the XITE were no longer communicating.

it definitely seems like something is amiss in the first install. i'm guessing that there is a bad file or registry entry. this was fixed by installing to another directory(so that nothing of the previous damaged install would affect it). that's my guess based on the unit working ok on the other drive.

write to support if the XITE won't work with Scope installed on either drive...
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

Thanks Gary
I’m guessing a corrupt file or virus. It could be possible that the hdmi connection got knocked, but that wouldn’t e a permanent problem. When I tried to re install to the original location it couldn’t replace certain files and I couldn’t remove them manually either as the pc folder told me the files were in use, even with the xite turned off. I changed the name of the original scope folder then tried a reinstall. That just made it worse. The new install to a separate partition (on a separate disk) works perfectly. Samplitude is on the original c drive but doesn’t seem to mind performance wise. It’s weird that I could use the startup project, but couldn’t switch projects without the board 0 notification. Maybe something affecting the mixers or device folder.....
I’ll reformat the win 10 disk when I’ve got the patience to go through it all again. Also another virus scan and registry check prior to that.
Many thanks for your response. I think the xite is ok which is a relief.
All the best
R
garyb

Post by garyb »

likewise, all the best!