Samplerate problem together with soundcard

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

pwhitmaker

Samplerate problem together with soundcard

Post by pwhitmaker »

I got two Pulsar2 in my PC, I connect one of them via ADAT to my sound card RME UCX.
I have Scope as slave on 48 KHz on ADAT A.
And everything works perfect for weeks.

Then suddenly the RME UCX says that it has a sync from Scope on 96 KHZ, and Scope has a blank "system" window.
And it doesn't help changing Scope to master or change samplerate.

What works then is if I move the optical cables to the other Pulsar2, restart the PC, and choose the new Pulsar as slave, then I get the correct smplerate, 48KHz, in UCX again.

It works until next random time it all happens again.

Someone got any ideas about how to fix this?
jksuperstar

Re: Samplerate problem together with soundcard

Post by jksuperstar »

ADAT at 48khz and 96khz is the same, it's just reduced to 4 channels when using 96khz. So look for a setting for the RME that selects ADAT SMUX, and make sure it is off, or in SCOPE for the same setting.
pwhitmaker

Post by pwhitmaker »

jksuperstar wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:40 am ADAT at 48khz and 96khz is the same, it's just reduced to 4 channels when using 96khz. So look for a setting for the RME that selects ADAT SMUX, and make sure it is off, or in SCOPE for the same setting.
Thanks for your answer, bu that doesn't seem to be the problem in this case.
RME dont have SMUX in any settings, it automatically detect the samplerate from Scope.
And everything works for weeks and suddenly changes without altering any settings.

And now I noticed a strange thing, when this problem happens, and I take out the ADAT cables from the card and put them in again in the same card, Scope change the little red LED that lights up in "Samplerate settings" menu from Pulsar2[1] to Pulsar2[2] even though the optical cables are connected to the same Pulsar card as before.
Very strange.
garyb

Post by garyb »

hmmmm...