Midi crackles running 2 Pulsar cards

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Mightychub

Midi crackles running 2 Pulsar cards

Post by Mightychub »

Hi,
Has anyone had any issues running a controller through the Pulsar midi? I am getting crackles when moving my faders on my Mackie Controller in Cubase when midi or audio is playing back. I took out the second card and it works fine. Any help please as this is now doing my head in. Is there something missing in the setup of the second card? I have only just got this second card been searching for one for a long time and had this issue since putting it in.
Cheers
t_tangent

Re: Midi crackles running 2 Pulsar cards

Post by t_tangent »

Does the Mackie controller connect via USB. If so check to make sure your second card is not sharing an IRQ with the USB slot that the Mackie is connected to. If the Mackie is just connecting to the MIDI I/O connectors on the pulsar then it could be the IRQ of the second card is sharing with something else that might need to be disabled. Check your windows device manager.

I take it your 2 pulsar cards are connected to each other with STDM cables as well when you are using both cards, although I am not sure if that would be the cause
Mightychub

Post by Mightychub »

Thanks for your post it's looking like it is Cubase I have now tested my setup as it is with 3 other daws and I have no issues at all. So am lost to why the latest version of Cubase is causing this rather mad problem. I have exhausted all options and am hoping someone somewhere has an answer. Thanks anyway
Mightychub

Post by Mightychub »

Ok all sorted it was the pulsar driver. I took out the cards wiped all trace of the drivers re-installed them and all is working.
Man that took me days to sort never thought for one min it could be the drivers.