Izotope RX6 audio editor crashes scope to blue screen

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Citroen

Izotope RX6 audio editor crashes scope to blue screen

Post by Citroen »

The RX6 audio editor crashes my system to a blue screen when I select the ASIO scope driver. Using the generic ASIO driver does not work as well. After slowly checking all connections I receive an error message that the driver is already in use.

Windows 10 System (16 GB, I7) has Scope 7 installed with latest versions of Cubase pro 9.5 and Wavelab working fine.
Citroen

Re: Izotope RX6 audio editor crashes scope to blue screen

Post by Citroen »

additional info: Windows 10 reports system exclusive error related to scopepci.sys
garyb

Post by garyb »

the Windows error message is not that meaningful.
RX6 tried to do something that the Scope hardware could not respond to. that created a timeout and a panic. i don't think it's the driver, i suspect that the program is attempting to set up the hardware, but Scope is not controlled by the ASIO host. the chances are that only the programmer of RX6 could fix this.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

i don't know if this will help but,
I was using the Zynaptic Pitchmap last year and noticed it would not work properly and sometimes crashed the whole system.
I went back to the Scope settings an raised the ULLI settings to the highest latency and only then would the program work fine.
Maybe try it and see?
Citroen

Post by Citroen »

Thanks for your suggestion, unfortunately that did not work. Izotope informed me that the SCOPE 7 driver is not tested, so they do not know if it is compatible. I know use the ASIO4ALL driver v2. That solved it for now.