PEQ4 S Q format?

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

asktoby

PEQ4 S Q format?

Post by asktoby »

I'm experimenting with calibrating my studio using Room EQ Wizard https://www.roomeqwizard.com/.

It spits out filters in the below format:

Code: Select all

Filter 15: ON  PK       Fc    1991 Hz  Gain   3.0 dB  Q  5.00
Filter 16: ON  PK       Fc     136 Hz  Gain  -6.2 dB  Q 10.73
Filter 17: ON  PK       Fc     994 Hz  Gain   2.9 dB  Q  5.00
Filter 18: ON  PK       Fc     776 Hz  Gain   2.4 dB  Q  5.00
Filter 19: ON  PK       Fc     102 Hz  Gain   3.0 dB  Q  8.66
Filter 20: ON  PK       Fc    4152 Hz  Gain   1.9 dB  Q  5.00
PEQ 4 S only supports 4 poles of EQ per device.
  • Is there a more elegant way to implement this on Scope than daisy-chaining several PEQ 4 S in series?
    Is there a Scope parametric EQ device that supports more than four poles of EQ?
asktoby

Re: PEQ4 S Q format?

Post by asktoby »

Never mind, I found one by the name of:
"8 band parametric eq stereo"
RA

Post by RA »

Well, i don't know if you have acoustics treatment, because this seems too good to be true ;-)
What mike was used, where did you put it? Sitting behind a desk with 2 ears 20cm apart gives a different soundbalance than a 1 capsule mike captures.(hope you used a small membrane, large membrane tend to exgagerate, on the freq bands shown ;-) And are you using monitors or speakers?

But...hope it works for you. Always better with commercial cd's/mixes checking your mix, than on a EQ'd room alone!

Better to invest in good monitors, mid sized and small plus treatment...that will really help you. Might cost some bucks, but best investment for mixing. Better than gear etc! It is the beginning of good mixing, and even the great studios still have "problem" areas.
- We're freaks about gearz and methods -
More on dNa: http://dnamusic.nl
garyb

Post by garyb »

EQing a room is a waste of time, energy and often money.
the only way to reliably fix a room is to treat the physical acoustics of the room.

i have tried all methods of doing this over the last 30 years, all results are bad, at best they can fix a very small spot where the mics were. there is no shortcut. fix the room if your mixes are so important that it matters. the room needs diffusion and bass traps. EQ won't do it.