Scope 7 Bug List

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

nebelfuerst

Re: Scope 7 Bug List

Post by nebelfuerst »

garyb wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:29 pm just use browse to find the proper location.

it's because you are loading an old project that had a different directory.
I loaded a project with optimaster. Although I have optimasterX in my default search path, I have to point to the optimasterx.
The critical part of my bug is that if you hit options by accident, your work since last save is lost.
For this reason I save often, in the hope to survive :D
\\\ *** l 0 v e | X I T E *** ///
garyb

Post by garyb »

resaving the project once should end all that. optimasterx is an XITE device. optimaster is a PCI device. you must be loading a PCI project to your XITE. that will certainly make the system ask for device locations, since the project is saved with PCI file locations. needing to constantly save projects indicates a stability issue in the machine.
nebelfuerst

Post by nebelfuerst »

I use a centralised network drive to store my projects. To this project directory, I can access from an XP-Pc with Scope5.1 ( PCI), my actual main-machine with Win7/Scope7(PCI) and my next machine Win7/Xite, which I currently use for testing to consolidate my migration to xite.
So no instability here, just a nerdy setup :-)
\\\ *** l 0 v e | X I T E *** ///
garyb

Post by garyb »

except that when you open projects made in PCI with the XITE, or vice versa, or if you open a project made in a different version of Scope, then you will be asked to locate files. that's how it works.
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

The ability to side chain in the stock compressors does not work anymore! When you right click to choose where to side chain from nothing happens/no list comes up!

And to clarify, this is when using a compressor on an insert in a mixer.
garyb

Post by garyb »

yes, Hari. that is indeed a problem.

as i told you in the support email, i have forwarded that complaint. also, as noted in that email, you can still use sidechain if the compressor is outside the mixer and you use the Live Bar.
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Thanks Gary.

It’s very useful to be able to do it in the inserts as of course there is times the ducking of something would want to be done after other inserts/processing etc.
garyb

Post by garyb »

yes, that can still be done using direct outs, but as i said, the issue is acknowledged.
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Thanks for the tip. 👍
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Music Manic wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:35 pm I found dragging a delay into the main scope page crashed it. Loading as an insert worked fine. I will check other ones tomorrow.
Just noticed this.
Not true for Win7 64bit Scope 7 Opened all stock delays thru the main menu, dragged from file browser, and dragged from windows explorer and they all worked fine.

Is this a Win10 thing?
asiofixer

Post by asiofixer »

HELLO
Cannot believe that scope 7 have so many dev module bug!
i am using scope 5.0 (modified by myself) for make it work on win7x64
and i have no one bug in every pligins dev or else loaded!
O DEUS ASIO LINK PRO work with my scope 5.0!
i'am so happy to have make this scope 5.0 adaptation to Winx64 and having no bug as scope 7
cheers
garyb

Post by garyb »

yayajohn wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:02 pm
Music Manic wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:35 pm I found dragging a delay into the main scope page crashed it. Loading as an insert worked fine. I will check other ones tomorrow.
Just noticed this.
Not true for Win7 64bit Scope 7 Opened all stock delays thru the main menu, dragged from file browser, and dragged from windows explorer and they all worked fine.

Is this a Win10 thing?
yes, it is. it's annoying, but easy to work around. use inserts or a multifx module.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

garyb wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 6:42 am
yes, it is. it's annoying, but easy to work around. use inserts or a multifx module.
Or don´t use Win10 up to now ...

Is there any application needing Win10 urgently I´m not aware of ?

I see Cubendo, Studio One, Reaper, Reason, Samp all working w/ Win 7 still ...

No ?

:)

Bud
petal

Post by petal »

Or don´t use Win10 up to now ...

Is there any application needing Win10 urgently I´m not aware of ?

I see Cubendo, Studio One, Reaper, Reason, Samp all working w/ Win 7 still ...

No ?

Bud
Well, even though I have delayed the upgrade as long as possible, Windows 7 (which I am currently running) will stop being supported by Microsoft in 2020. I guess that software developers, including all major DAW etc. will stop supporting windows 7 as well. So I/we have to upgrade to windows 10, since it makes no sense upgrading to windows 8 comming from windows 7.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

petal wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 12:19 am
Well, even though I have delayed the upgrade as long as possible, Windows 7 (which I am currently running) will stop being supported by Microsoft in 2020. I guess that software developers, including all major DAW etc. will stop supporting windows 7 as well. So I/we have to upgrade to windows 10, since it makes no sense upgrading to windows 8 comming from windows 7.
IMO it´s unimportant when they stop support of Win7 in 2020.

I myself I JUST upgraded to Win 7 from Win XP,- and even my Win XP machine works being connected to the web and never catched a virus or malware.
MANY software developers supported Win XP for a very long time and I think that won´t change w/ Win7.
Also,- for Win XP, MS 1st discontinued support for the "Home" versions and continued support for "Pro".
I guess that will happen again w/ Win7.
I always use Pro,- and now waiting for SCOPE 7.1,- I´ll freeze my latest PC build on Win7 Pro 64, use it w/ SCOPE/XITE mainly and Reaper in addition.
I expect Cockos/ Reaper supporting Win7 for a very long time since they still support WinXP.
There will be another machine I´ll use for SCOPE PCI, possibly in 32Bit,- and a 3rd one I´ll use w/ RME hardware,- maybe a Win10 laptop running Phead Reason since I still have a licence.

Bud
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Xite-1
Scope 7
Win7 64bit
STM2448X

Problem: Channel 4 does not send a signal out record bus 5/6

Please confirm.
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Mr Arkadin wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:04 pm **[edit] Solved. It seems if you click OK on the error message and use the Store option to save over the preset (and then resave the preset bank) that this fixes the error message. I'll leave this here in case it helps anyone. [/edit]**

When opening old presets in SB404 I get an error (stated below in full). This may be due to the update I guess.

Operating system version: Windows 7 64-bit
Scope Hardware: XITE-1
Plug-in: SB404 V2
Type of bug/error message: "Module SDRAM XiteDelay is not appropriate for his hardware".
Great!
dante

Post by dante »

Can confirm the following error still occurred again on my new DAW Z390 / Intel i9 9900 : So that's 2 separate workstations its occurred on. Same workaround applied works.
dante wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:22 am INITIALLY RESOLVED BY SCOPE7 XITE RE-INSTALL BUT RETURNED AFTER REBOOT.
NOW RESOVED BY USING AN OLDER SCOPE INSTALL WITH NEW INSTALLED OVER THE TOP

Scope 7 Plug In : None (Startup). Warning only.

HW : Scope XITE-1D
CPU: i7 4790 (not overclocked)
MB: Asus Z87
RAM: 16GB
ULLI : 12ms
Sample Rate : 96KHz
Reproduce: Start up Scope XITE

Once this error is acknowledged with a mouse click Scope starts and behaves normally - eg this error seems to be a warning only.

xite-system-error.jpg
DSP6 timeout error
DSP6 timeout error
dsp6-timeout-error.jpg (16.85 KiB) Viewed 75429 times
Note: This error does not occur using XITE-1D under Win8 (on the same system). Nor does it occur using Scope PCI under Windows 10 (again on the same system). So it seems specific to Scope XITE-1D under Windows 10.

Now - heres the wierd part - Booted under Win10 but running the Scope 7 from the Win 8 partition, the error does NOT occur !!!
Peter4724

Post by Peter4724 »

dante wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:19 am Scope 7 Plug In : SC-BrickWall EQ Crash :

HW : Scope XITE-1D
CPU: i7 4790 (not overclocked)
MB: Asus Z87
RAM: 16GB
ULLI : 12ms
Sample Rate : 96KHz
Reproduce: Drag and Drop SC-Brickwall from device menu (Effects/Stereo/EQ/SC-Brickwall EQ) to project window.

R6025.jpg

This previously occured on Windows 8.0. Now it still occurs on a fresh install of Windows 10 Home. Both Scope 7 PCI and Scope 7 XITE
Hi

I now have the same problem. I have worked for 1 year without any problems. Now I only get this error message with the EQs. Reinstallation didn't help. However, if I do not start Scope on the desktop but in its own window everything seems to work ???. I'm going to leave it like that now.

Peter

HW: Scope XITE1
CPU: I9 9900K
MB: ASUS X299 A
64GB RAM
ULLI: 12ms
Sample Rate 44,1
Drag and Drop 4EQ from device menu to project window.
Xite Knight v2.0

Post by Xite Knight v2.0 »

For completeness, this bug list should also include the fact that Scope 7 renders some of the Xite hardware useless in the sense that the BNC port meant for receiving external wordclock does not work.
Last edited by Xite Knight v2.0 on Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.