Scope 7 Bug List

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

JoPo

Re: Scope 7 Bug List

Post by JoPo »

Shot wrote:There is no icon when Scope is in windows tray!
It is present there, you can click the empty space and get the Show/ExitScope menu, but the icon is blank!
It's nothing critical but it's fun to have SC icon there, isn't it :)
Same, here !

?? What ?? Holger is alone to work on Scope ?? S|C = only Holger ? How is it possible ?
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
garyb

Post by garyb »

...and me, and whomever he can get to help....and some fantastic 3rd party partners....people cost money.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Shot wrote:OS: Win 7 64bit

Scope Hardware: Pulsar2+Luna

Type of bug/error message:
There is no icon when Scope is in windows tray!
It is present there, you can click the empty space and get the Show/ExitScope menu, but the icon is blank!
It's nothing critical but it's fun to have SC icon there, isn't it :)
Same here, but

Scope Hardware: XITE-1
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

I just realized that values don't show up when stop moving the mouse over a device knob that usually shows its value ! Really annoying !
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

**[edit] Solved. It seems if you click OK on the error message and use the Store option to save over the preset (and then resave the preset bank) that this fixes the error message. I'll leave this here in case it helps anyone. [/edit]**

When opening old presets in SB404 I get an error (stated below in full). This may be due to the update I guess.

Operating system version: Windows 7 64-bit
Scope Hardware: XITE-1
Plug-in: SB404 V2
Type of bug/error message: "Module SDRAM XiteDelay is not appropriate for his hardware".
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

sunmachine wrote:I noticed two minor graphic issues.

2. The new Note field in Lightwave doesn't disappear when you switch to another page (and it's missing the inner shadow):
lightwave-issue.png

fixed. will be available with the fix in next scope 7.x update.
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

Windows 10 64-bit, Xite-1: problem #1: Slave with external WC is not working (no sync). Asio with supercollider on port audio gives BSOD (same as in 5.1).
Shot

Post by Shot »

OS: Win 7 64bit, Scope running in Desktop mode, Scope started as administrator

Scope Hardware: Pulsar2+Luna

Ok there are more serious bugs!

1) Connecting "wires" is faulty. Sometimes after some working it is impossible to connect new wire. It just doesn't react.
If my system is freshly opened then it's sort of okay, but if I connect larger module (8 channel dest module for instance) only first 4 channels will work. Even though module is visually connected on all 8 channels only first 4 work. I was expiriencing this problem when going out of STM1632 mixer to adat dest module. When I went to manually connect signals from the mixer (opened the mixer, clicked under the master fader) I could see that channels 5-8 were not connected. Then I connected them one-by-one from inside mixer and they worked as they should.

2) When you open the leftmost window (the one with File/View/? menus) there are sections Dev/INs/OUTs. Under the section OUTs if you have 8 channel destination module it properly reportst that the module has 8 channels. But if you open it's channel list with down arrow you can only see 7 channel. Eight channel is missing! This problem doesn't exist on the INs section, only on OUTs

3) Problems with scrolling of the main routing window. I'm using Scope in "Hide Desktop" Screen Mode. Let's say your routing is vertically larger than the height of the monitor. If you click somewhere on the background or on any module, focus will be somewhere else so when you scroll with a mouse wheel this window will not scroll. But you can scroll with sidebar (or whatever it's name is) on the right. And when you click to scroll bar then you'll shift the focus to it so now you can use the mouse wheel to scroll the window.

x) and also, I think there's no clicks when playing winamp or youtube through wave module if Scope is started as administrator. If not started as administrator I think I had few click during the play. But I'm not sure. I'll test it a bit more and see if it is actually a bug or it was me and my system (and placebo possibly!)

No matter the bugs - new V7 is great! Faster and I feel drivers are more stable. Thumbs up! :)

:)
Luka
sunmachine

Post by sunmachine »

Shot wrote:If not started as administrator I think I had few click during the play. But I'm not sure. I'll test it a bit more and see if it is actually a bug or it was me and my system (and placebo possibly!)
Since it's required to run SCOPE as administrator, there's actually no point in doing those tests.
Better spent your time making some scopic music instead (read: epic music with SCOPE)! :)
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Shot wrote: 1) Connecting "wires" is faulty. Sometimes after some working it is impossible to connect new wire. It just doesn't react.
If my system is freshly opened then it's sort of okay, but if I connect larger module (8 channel dest module for instance) only first 4 channels will work. Even though module is visually connected on all 8 channels only first 4 work. I was expiriencing this problem when going out of STM1632 mixer to adat dest module. When I went to manually connect signals from the mixer (opened the mixer, clicked under the master fader) I could see that channels 5-8 were not connected. Then I connected them one-by-one from inside mixer and they worked as they should.

3) Problems with scrolling of the main routing window. I'm using Scope in "Hide Desktop" Screen Mode. Let's say your routing is vertically larger than the height of the monitor. If you click somewhere on the background or on any module, focus will be somewhere else so when you scroll with a mouse wheel this window will not scroll. But you can scroll with sidebar (or whatever it's name is) on the right. And when you click to scroll bar then you'll shift the focus to it so now you can use the mouse wheel to scroll the window.
1) & 3) are maybe linked :
I noticed that when you scroll down (by habits !) under certain circumstances (which I don't know yet...), the project window framework shift up, then it becomes impossible to connect any wire. I believe that what you see and what Scope "see" is different. Next time, try to scroll the mouse wheel in any direction, check if the project window framework shift back up or down, then try again to connect wires.

Anyway... The project window scrolling that doesn't work anymore is really annoying. I hope it will be fixed on the next update. And also, it doesn't follow screensets anymore.
Rebu

Post by Rebu »

Operating: Win7 64

Scope Hardware: Pulsar 2

Ulli settings: 10ms

Sample Rate 44.1

1- Wave source 1 have L an R inverted, seems a hard bug to fix.. (bug that was reported in 5.1 too)
2- In STM mixer if you connect Aux1 to Pulsar2 Z-link B Dest than restart Scope application the virtual cable from Aux1 to Pulsar2 Z-link B Dest is invisible until you move the Pulsar2 Z-link B Dest after than reappear (bug that was reported in 5.1 too)
3- Pot Movement jump to high value if you use Pot Movement: Round 1 (bug that was reported in 5.1 too)
4- Not 88.2kHz (bug that was reported in 5.1 too)

..After anothr 94€ i'm about to raise a white flag on this system, so sad.. :°°(
TOM.DJ

Post by TOM.DJ »

Xite1
44.1KHz
Ulli 10 (but also at other settings)
Windows10 x64

Modular Sample Player
Does work for some seconds, but at some point gives a bluescreen and reboots.
Attachments
This Patch for example
This Patch for example
Untitled.png (427.74 KiB) Viewed 85677 times
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

tom the sample players work good here.

can you do a test plz with this

http://forums.scopeusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=35241
Music
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

guys no offence to anyone here, but 90% of the bug reports here are useless.... you must be as specific as possible as to the conditions that lead to the bug, not just what system you have.
Music
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

Rebu wrote:Operating: Win7 64

..After anothr 94€ i'm about to raise a white flag on this system, so sad.. :°°(
a white flag because you found 4 medium severity bugs in a huge system? :P
Music
Rebu

Post by Rebu »

faxinadu wrote:
Rebu wrote:Operating: Win7 64

a white flag because you found 4 medium severity bugs in a huge system? :P
(minor bug that stayed here from 10 years.. just a reminder for not forget)

I'ts a depression of the moment ;)

Anyway there are other bugs, many fx not work here i have time only for try Delay, distortions and dynamic, only Vinco mono and stereo work the other on the list crash scope application..
..later i will check other on the list..

Some working fx here: all the stereo reverb fx in the list work

..tell me i'm not alone
FernandoHood

Post by FernandoHood »

faxinadu wrote:guys no offence to anyone here, but 90% of the bug reports here are useless.... you must be as specific as possible as to the conditions that lead to the bug, not just what system you have.
this.
I think its quite clear at this stage SonicCore doesnt read the so called "bug" reports here. And i cant rly blame them, since every issue requires more details to be provided, bug fixing is very time confusing and difficult.
I Also have to mention SC has fixed and always helped fixed almost ALL the bugs me and yaron reported, so i think its a bit of communication problem around here!
report the bugs to the actual developers , if there is a third party bug or issue report to the thirdparty developer themselves. just a tought
Ocean Swift Synthesis - Scope 3rd Party Plugins
FernandoHood
http://www.fernandohood.com
Atom Sessions - Music
https://atomsessions.bandcamp.com/
dawman

Post by dawman »

Sorry to be the bad guy, but I’ve been using STM 2448 with MIDI CCs from my Behringer BCF2000 for years, now my Physis K4.
I turn on my Rack, load Scope, and twist my knobs, never had any issues with MIDI.
I Refuse to buy RME or UAD since their MIDI control doesn’t exist.

I ALWAYS have my presets like this.

-LIVE 01 ( Mixer Preset)
MIDI CC. (MIDI Preset)

Worked for years.

I use RoyT and more recently SpaceFs latest.
They store and recall MIDI CCs or I wouldn’t use this live.

Every AUX Channel, fader, Master out, even inserts, total recall, flawless.

What are others having issues with?
TOM.DJ

Post by TOM.DJ »

faxinadu wrote:tom the sample players work good here.

can you do a test plz with this

http://forums.scopeusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=35241
Hi Faxi,
Thanks.
I can/will try this tomorrow.
regards T
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

dawman wrote:Sorry to be the bad guy, but I’ve been using STM 2448 with MIDI CCs from my Behringer BCF2000 for years, now my Physis K4.
I turn on my Rack, load Scope, and twist my knobs, never had any issues with MIDI.
I Refuse to buy RME or UAD since their MIDI control doesn’t exist.

I ALWAYS have my presets like this.

-LIVE 01 ( Mixer Preset)
MIDI CC. (MIDI Preset)

Worked for years.

I use RoyT and more recently SpaceFs latest.
They store and recall MIDI CCs or I wouldn’t use this live.

Every AUX Channel, fader, Master out, even inserts, total recall, flawless.

What are others having issues with?
Same here ! I always save a preset with the current project and recall it as soon as the Scope project is loaded. It is true that STM midi cc assignment is not correctly saved with the project file but it works fine by saving STM cc's in STM presets. There is, sometimes, werd behavior, like a random fader falling to - ! But by double clic on it, it goes back where it should and resave the preset fixes the issue for the next time.

Anyway.... I'll not spit on a perfect STM midi cc assignment with the project file ! :roll: