Scope 7 Bug List

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Liquid EDGE

Re: Scope 7 Bug List

Post by Liquid EDGE » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:59 am

faxinadu wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:14 am
anyways the only thing on my side that changed is that fernando and i are taking a break together, we are still friends and things calm down naturally so never say never on anything in the future :) i am still alive and will do anything needed in terms of maintaining the tracker if/when needed.
I don’t know where you get your energy from. It’s quite amazing, your relentless. It’s almost too much. You always seem to have something cooking. If you were a chef no one in the world would go hungry, infact everyone would be obese. 😀

faxinadu

Post by faxinadu » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:55 pm

Liquid EDGE wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:59 am
faxinadu wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:14 am
anyways the only thing on my side that changed is that fernando and i are taking a break together, we are still friends and things calm down naturally so never say never on anything in the future :) i am still alive and will do anything needed in terms of maintaining the tracker if/when needed.
I don’t know where you get your energy from. It’s quite amazing, your relentless. It’s almost too much. You always seem to have something cooking. If you were a chef no one in the world would go hungry, infact everyone would be obese. 😀
hahahaha good question <3
Scope 3rd Party Developer
http://www.oceanswift.net
Scope, Android and PC Developer
https://www.facebook.com/purechordsrecords/
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/

t_tangent

Post by t_tangent » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:48 am

I have just reinstalled Scope 7 for both PCI and for XITE on Windows 7 64bit , and when I load a device that uses Midi Clock input, it reports an incorrect midi clock timing in the display when set to use external midi clock. I previously installed Scope 7 on Windows 7 32bit and this had the same issue, which I was able to correct by replacing the dsp file called TIMECLK3.dsp with the one from Scope 5.1 and I reported this on the thread on 27 Jan.

If anyone can confirm this is happening on their devices when using external midi clock, I would appreciate it. Thanks. For example try loading up SB404 and set to trigger from external clock. The timing does seem to be ok, but the display is incorrect. But when I replace that dsp file it reports correct timing on display. Other devices also.

jeezs

Post by jeezs » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:23 pm

Hello,

Just realize I have the same problem trying to sync my scope’s to an external midi clock.
I Just replace the dip as you said and now it works.
I check a bit more to see if there is no side effect.
let you know if I found any.

Cheers

nebelfuerst

Post by nebelfuerst » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:56 am

I have to add the following bug in Scope 7 with Xite on Win7:

Loading a project where some device is not found automatically.
The find window pops up.
Now I press "options" and I am doomed !!

The whole scope-window is frozen and every mouseclick moves the complete window.
I found no other way than taskmanager to get scope working again.
please fix.

garyb

Post by garyb » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:29 pm

just use browse to find the proper location.

it's because you are loading an old project that had a different directory.

Music Manic

Post by Music Manic » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:35 pm

I found dragging a delay into the main scope page crashed it. Loading as an insert worked fine. I will check other ones tomorrow.

nebelfuerst

Post by nebelfuerst » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:25 am

garyb wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:29 pm
just use browse to find the proper location.

it's because you are loading an old project that had a different directory.
I loaded a project with optimaster. Although I have optimasterX in my default search path, I have to point to the optimasterx.
The critical part of my bug is that if you hit options by accident, your work since last save is lost.
For this reason I save often, in the hope to survive :D

garyb

Post by garyb » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:32 am

resaving the project once should end all that. optimasterx is an XITE device. optimaster is a PCI device. you must be loading a PCI project to your XITE. that will certainly make the system ask for device locations, since the project is saved with PCI file locations. needing to constantly save projects indicates a stability issue in the machine.

nebelfuerst

Post by nebelfuerst » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:07 pm

I use a centralised network drive to store my projects. To this project directory, I can access from an XP-Pc with Scope5.1 ( PCI), my actual main-machine with Win7/Scope7(PCI) and my next machine Win7/Xite, which I currently use for testing to consolidate my migration to xite.
So no instability here, just a nerdy setup :-)

garyb

Post by garyb » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:00 pm

except that when you open projects made in PCI with the XITE, or vice versa, or if you open a project made in a different version of Scope, then you will be asked to locate files. that's how it works.

Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:53 am

The ability to side chain in the stock compressors does not work anymore! When you right click to choose where to side chain from nothing happens/no list comes up!

And to clarify, this is when using a compressor on an insert in a mixer.

garyb

Post by garyb » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:58 pm

yes, Hari. that is indeed a problem.

as i told you in the support email, i have forwarded that complaint. also, as noted in that email, you can still use sidechain if the compressor is outside the mixer and you use the Live Bar.

Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:24 am

Thanks Gary.

It’s very useful to be able to do it in the inserts as of course there is times the ducking of something would want to be done after other inserts/processing etc.

garyb

Post by garyb » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:42 am

yes, that can still be done using direct outs, but as i said, the issue is acknowledged.

Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:08 am

Thanks for the tip. 👍

yayajohn

Post by yayajohn » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:02 pm

Music Manic wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:35 pm
I found dragging a delay into the main scope page crashed it. Loading as an insert worked fine. I will check other ones tomorrow.
Just noticed this.
Not true for Win7 64bit Scope 7 Opened all stock delays thru the main menu, dragged from file browser, and dragged from windows explorer and they all worked fine.

Is this a Win10 thing?