synch Midi record and playback ?

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

nebelfuerst

synch Midi record and playback ?

Post by nebelfuerst »

This issue seems too simple, but I failed, so I need your help :roll:

I have a Midi-sequencer ( med soundstudio on pc), which can send Midi clock, but has no mode to become the slave with Midi clock.
Unfortunately, the sequencer doesn't keep the speed exact enough for me.

So my idea is to record the output of this sequencer into an other tool, that can playback exakt the same speed over and over.

I tried several tools, but most of them loose the sysex or other parts of the Midi stream.

any suggestion what to use for that ?
\\\ *** l 0 v e | X I T E *** ///
ronnie

Re: synch Midi record and playback ?

Post by ronnie »

No offense mate. Methinks it's time to move to better sequencer. Save your stuff as midi files and import into any number of good products out there. You may have to gently quantize tweak each track to a click track in your new Cubase, Sonar, ProTools or whatever and even slip and slide and nudge things here and there, if I fully understand your problem correctly. Start with the drums then the bass and keep going from there until the groove is in the pocket and save it. After that you should be golden with the Midi timing going forward. Time to upgrade.
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
nebelfuerst

Re: synch Midi record and playback ?

Post by nebelfuerst »

I agree that it's time to change. But I have about 60 songs made with med soundstudio.
Exporting .mid is possible, but there's much loss of information.
I tested various sequencers, but the ability of Med soundstudio to send predefined sysex strings and the tracker style of editing seems to be a rare feature combination.

For this reason, I'm looking for a exact Midi record and replay tool ..
\\\ *** l 0 v e | X I T E *** ///