ASIO Scope PCI Error.

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

smuhtadov69

ASIO Scope PCI Error.

Post by smuhtadov69 »

Hello there!

I have install the Scope on my Win10.
It works fine on both x32 - x64 Samplitude Pro X3 (Standart) and Cubase.

But it doesn't works on Samplitude Pro X3 Suite and Studio One 3.
Shows some kind of error.

Here is some pictures of the issue that I've upload for you guys:
https://imgur.com/WRhf9yg
https://imgur.com/UtNDhvs

From now, thanks for your reply!
garyb

Re: ASIO Scope PCI Error.

Post by garyb »

try running those apps in win8 compatibility mode
smuhtadov69

Post by smuhtadov69 »

garyb wrote:try running those apps in win8 compatibility mode
Thank you so much ! I never thought that would solve the problem :)

It's working now. Problem solved !
garyb

Post by garyb »

:)
smuhtadov69

Post by smuhtadov69 »

Hey uhmm...
I have anoher problem right now.
When I try to use DSP Plugins, Scope shows something like this;
https://imgur.com/M9oIeyP
garyb

Post by garyb »

that is probably your motherboard reaching it's limitations. what plugins EXACTLY were in that project? how many ASIO channels?

if you empty the project completely(nothing in the routing window), how many masterverbs can you load before error?

what motherboard is that?
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

garyb wrote:
..., how many masterverbs can you load before error?
Sorry for chiming in here.
I know masterverb test is for PCI cards only.
Do we have any comparable test procedure for XITE boxes ?

just askin´ ...

Bud
S|C Scope/XITE-1 & S|C A16U, Scope PCI & CW A16U
garyb

Post by garyb »

masterverb test works there, too.
you should get more than 20 before running out of dsp placement or PCI overflow.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

garyb wrote:masterverb test works there, too.
you should get more than 20 before running out of dsp placement or PCI overflow.
:-?

quote:
"masterverb tests only matter to PCI cards..."
http://forums.scopeusers.com/viewtopic. ... &start=500
Scroll down to the 12th post which is yours and dawman´s is the 11th ...

Is there a special procedure w/ XITE-1 because when I did it after I´ve seen dawman´s post years ago,- I got 60 !
But I only loaded the device itself multiple times.

Bud
garyb

Post by garyb »

well...

it's just a more or less pointless test with the XITE because the PCIe bus has a bunch more headroom.

the test just shows if the computer's pathways are working correctly. it's only to verify that there isn't something terribly wrong.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

garyb wrote:well...

it's just a more or less pointless test with the XITE because the PCIe bus has a bunch more headroom.

the test just shows if the computer's pathways are working correctly. it's only to verify that there isn't something terribly wrong.
Ahh, o.k. ...

But does that mean I did it right,- just loading masterverbs, one after the other, until a warning message came up, or was it false result because I better wired all the masterverbs to an aux bus, several busses or to where/what ?

In fact I was shocked I was able to load 60 or 62 masterverbs into XITE-1 being connected to the WinXP SP3 32Bit Intel Pentium D945/ ASUS P5WD2 premium / socket 775 machine.
I searched for the screenshot I did, but cannot find on my office machine right now.
Can be I posted here long time ago,- dunno though ...

Bud
garyb

Post by garyb »

yeah, just loading them causes hundreds of thousands of delay lines between card and RAM.
you probably had an error and kept loading impotent pictures after 25 or 30...
smuhtadov69

Post by smuhtadov69 »

garyb wrote:that is probably your motherboard reaching it's limitations. what plugins EXACTLY were in that project? how many ASIO channels?

if you empty the project completely(nothing in the routing window), how many masterverbs can you load before error?

what motherboard is that?
I'm using just 1 masterverb. This error shows up when I try to use any equalizer or compressor on any channel.
There are totally 16 asio channel but I'm using just 1 of them for the plugins. That's not to much I think :)

I have Asrock Fatal1ty Motherboard.

Generally I'm having that error when I try to use any equalizer or optimaster knobs in order to change tone e.g. gain treble or down the bass. And then I'm closing the Scope and restarting it.

The Asrock Fatal1ty Motherboard is satisfactory for me. Before that, I used 3 Gigabyte and 3 Asus motherboards but I had so many problems with them.
garyb

Post by garyb »

my question about the masterverbs is to help me understand what is wrong. hopefully i can see what's wrong and help. perhaps not, but if i knew how many masterverbs you can put into an empty project, i would know if the PCI bus had a problem. reverbs create a huge amount of PCI traffic. there are other plugins that create a lot of PCI traffic as well. masterverbs are good for testing.

your description is a little misleading. it sounds like every time you open a sequencer, you get the error. now you are saying that it happens while you adjust certain plugins. these details are important.

ALL resources are limited. there are many things that affect how resources are used(like the PCI bandwidth). i'm trying to figure out why this is happening. is it normal and you have just used the computer's PCI bandwidth? or is it a problem with a specific plugin? or is it a bug? or is it malfunctioning computer hardware? it's hard to sat without these details.

it's probably not a bug, or this would be a common complaint. it's possible that the wave is coming, of course. what other software is running in the backround? do you browse the internet on this computer? which Asrock Fatal1ty model?

honestly, i don't have those problems here, so i'm really confused about this. several of the models of the Fatal1ty line should work quite well, and you say v5.1 was ok.

ASIO channels use the same bandwidth whether there is stuff going across them or not. if there are 16 channels, but sound only on two, it's the same as if all 16 channels had sound on them.

please do the masterverb test, if you would like some help. clear everything out of the routing window and put in masterverbs. tell me how many you can put in the window before you get an error, and tell me what the error is.