Win 10?

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

scopus

Win 10?

Post by scopus »

Hello im thinking changing from win7 64 to win10 64 due new hardware im thinking of getting that needs win10. I see on soniccore site says win10-Limitations. What limitations does it have? Is it as stable as 7?

Running scope home and pro pci cards
jksuperstar

Re: Win 10?

Post by jksuperstar »

No additional limitations from what you already know of a 64bit OS. There are some tricks for installing drivers, and you must run scope as admin.

Search the site for Windows 10 driver and you should get the extra steps for disabling windows signed driver checks.
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

If you use ableton live 9, you have to run it in compatibility mode. the VST "Addictive Keys" doesn't work if host is run in comp mode. I haven't stumbled upon any other VSTs with this issue, although they might exist.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
garyb

Post by garyb »

win 10 is very stable.

the problem with win10 is simply that it spies on you and uses your computer as a storage hub to distribute files to other win10 computers. you can disable these "features", however. win10 also likes to update without your permission, which is great for the average housewife, but not so great for your productions. this cannot be disabled, but you can make the connection "metered", which stops the behavior. it's a little bit tricky to set an ethernet connection as metered. it takes a registry hack. i've used win10 on several machines and it's a very nice os, while in use. Scope works the same as in win7.
scopus

Post by scopus »

Thats great to hear! No worries of spies and updates, no one can come inside if there are no doors so i always disable internet on daw pc. Thanks guys! :)
garyb

Post by garyb »

scopus wrote:Thats great to hear! No worries of spies and updates, no one can come inside if there are no doors so i always disable internet on daw pc. Thanks guys! :)

i'm not sure that is a good idea if you go to win10. most of the win10 world requires the internet from time to time, since the whole purpose of win10 and beyond is to eliminate your local harddrive and programs for cloud storage and apps...
here's the info you need, more or less.
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/10-things-t ... indows-10/
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/meter-your- ... indows-10/
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

What new hardware needs Win10?