A word of warning!

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

DragonSF

Re: A word of warning!

Post by DragonSF »

I installed the update again and having the same problem (as expected). How did you install the driver? Even in disabling unsigned driver protecting and malware detection, no dice.
I'm always getting this error:
scope1.jpg
scope1.jpg (49.16 KiB) Viewed 3962 times
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

It boils down to a permission problem' when I run the device manager as the 'real administrator', I'm getting thios error:
ShellExperienceHost (6204,P,0) TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-21-1993545030-1653724705-3782195010-500:
An attempt to open the device with name "\\.\C:" containing "C:\" failed with system error 5 (0x00000005):
"Access is denied. ". The operation will fail with error -1032 (0xfffffbf8).
Any idea, what this means?
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

Looks to me like a bad path with something...windows looking for a network path (“\\.\C:”) instead of just straight hard drive path “C:\”.

I certainly don’t expect scope to be generating this.
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

DragonSF wrote: ShellExperienceHost (6204,P,0) TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-21-1993545030-1653724705-3782195010-500:
An attempt to open the device with name "\\.\C:" containing "C:\" failed with system error 5 (0x00000005):
ShellExperienceHost is related to the handling of your graphical user interface, and I cant think why that would interfere with the driver installation as such. the TILEREPOSITORYS is also related to GUI objects. If you expect this to interfere in any way, turn off all visual goodies in windows (as in no slideshow or picture in the background, just solid color etc.). If you just updated to Creators update, make sure to turn off Game DVR if they haven't turned it off by default (they hadn't when i got the creators update months ago).
https://www.howtogeek.com/273180/how-to ... -game-bar/

Edit: Just to make sure, I know i said this before but make sure you only have english letters in your username. Make sure you are logged in with a local account (not you windows online user). There are multiple ways of entering test mode and installing, I followed this guide (reboot required after CMD commands), but i know others prefer the GaryB way ;) https://www.noizefield.com/tutorials/so ... windows-10
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
garyb

Post by garyb »

did you try using the v5.1 installer to reinstall the driver?
Windows doesn't know much about what is happening...
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

garyb wrote:did you try using the v5.1 installer to reinstall the driver?
Windows doesn't know much about what is happening...
Yes of course. This doesn't even work on the previous version. And gives no error message besides error 5.
garyb

Post by garyb »

wow.
i wonder what the difference is?
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

next to nothing wrote:
DragonSF wrote: ShellExperienceHost (6204,P,0) TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-21-1993545030-1653724705-3782195010-500:
ShellExperienceHost is related to the handling of your graphical user interface, and I cant think why that would interfere with the driver installation as such. the TILEREPOSITORYS is also related to GUI objects. If you expect this to interfere in any way, turn off all visual goodies in windows (as in no slideshow or picture in the background, just solid color etc.). If you just updated to Creators update, make sure to turn off Game DVR if they haven't turned it off by default (they hadn't when i got the creators update months ago).
https://www.howtogeek.com/273180/how-to ... -game-bar/

Edit: Just to make sure, I know i said this before but make sure you only have english letters in your username. Make sure you are logged in with a local account (not you windows online user). There are multiple ways of entering test mode and installing, I followed this guide (reboot required after CMD commands), but i know others prefer the GaryB way ;) https://www.noizefield.com/tutorials/so ... windows-10
The 'bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON' setting did the trick. Thanks a lot. It's working now. :)
fidox

Post by fidox »

i have updated my both computers to new version and didn't have any problems.
also i didn't have to use "bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON" option.

windows 10 pro 64bit and windows 10 home 64bit version.
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

Good to hear it's working :)
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

I didn't understand nada, niente, 何も, macache, nothing, rien, لا شيء, nichts, कुछ नहीं, walou, τίποτα, que dalle, 没什么, peau d'zob, 무 of what you are talking about ! :D

I keep W7 ! What is the benefit to update to W10 ? If there is any, I'll. Please, tell me if there is any. Thanks !
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
garyb

Post by garyb »

no advantage for music...
there might be other reasons to upgrade, for example if you are one of the lemmings that really, really wants to do all your computing via apps in the cloud, or if you are developing new software...
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Thanks... I keep w7 ! I hate and avoid free boredom !
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

garyb wrote:no advantage for music...
there might be other reasons to upgrade, for example if you are one of the lemmings that really, really wants to do all your computing via apps in the cloud, or if you are developing new software...
Or if you have to develop with the latest tools.
garyb

Post by garyb »

then the second reason would apply... :)
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

garyb wrote:then the second reason would apply... :)
Not inclusive: yes. But you can of course create new programs on XP, if you are a masochist. But that's semantics...
garyb

Post by garyb »

i would think that win10 is the true masochist os. :lol:
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

garyb wrote:i would think that win10 is the true masochist os. :lol:
In every computer nerd, there is a hidden masochist! I know and use most of the current and past OS's, everyone has it's masochist's moment.
garyb

Post by garyb »

:)