Sysex problems with Midi interface

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Marco

Sysex problems with Midi interface

Post by Marco »

Hallo guys, my USB Midiface 4x4 works with the stupido windows driver, the buffersize is running overflow when using sysex data, my synthesizer get insane after breaking operation, I had to reset the machine.
Does scope pci card with its Midi interface do it better?

Are there any settings where I can rise the buffersize in the windows Midi driver? Registery? Driver settings? To get my Midiface 4x4 working correctly?
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
jksuperstar

Re: Sysex problems with Midi interface

Post by jksuperstar »

Your system librarian might have a way to throttle data out to the ports. Unless you use a VST to control a synth that uses system, in which case I have not seen any way to limit data that way.

I can't speak to using scope midi for sysex, my set up has that reserved for midi clock mostly.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Scope for SysEx worked for me when I had the cards.
Just remove active sensing.
Years ago the EMU SP12 replaced my Oberheim DMX.
Big mistake.
Forced me to buy a JL Cooper MIDI Rack just to Filter that crap out.

USB would gag with SysEx and Active Sensing enabled.
Marco

Post by Marco »

Thank you for the help. I didn't waste my time yesterday, but it was really a longer way to find out what was the real problem

1. Yes you can throttle the transfer speed, that is nessecary.
2. My nice korg Prophecy has OS 1.2 and that is buggy, especially the sysex transmission succs. I must buy 2 eproms to upgrade to version 2.0 and then it works well.
3. I found someone on ebay who sells the burned OS for less money
4. Maybe every Midi interface works with sysex after throttling? I try to find this out....
5. The most difficult is, that everyone has new Synthesizer or vst, they do not need this old technology with sysex. Not easy to find useful information in the internet. I traveled through a lot of forums, talking about anything but my problem.
6. I do not want to buy a motu Midi interface for 280€! I have a cheap 50€ interface, which was a great investment. Good enough for me. Scope Midi could make this job too.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!