Can I connect 3 spdif sources to 3 scope cards?

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Marco

Can I connect 3 spdif sources to 3 scope cards?

Post by Marco »

Can I connect 3 spdif sources to 3 scope cards without sync problems? I guess spdif is always the master. Who of the 3 friends is the master now?
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
garyb

Re: Can I connect 3 spdif sources to 3 scope cards?

Post by garyb »

wordclock.

if it's consumer s/pdif stuff, it will only have an s/pdif output, which makes things impossible.
Marco

Post by Marco »

Okay If there is a bnc then I can connect? I am the lucky man to own the scope sync plate :D

At the end must I connect all digital devices together? A16 2x 2x behringer Ada8000 and 3x spdif connections with devices they all have the bnc too and scope too.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
garyb

Post by garyb »

you should get a clock/distributor.
clock cannot be chained. each device needs it's own connector on the distributor.

the cheapest clock that i know of that will fill the required needs is the ART Syncgen.
http://artproaudio.com/wordclock_genera ... t/syncgen/
the syncgen only has 4 connections, so the A16 and ADA8000s can continue to get clock via ADAT and/or Z-Link. Scope and the 3x s/pdif boxes can use the 4 bnc outs on the syncgen.

better would be to get a bigger clock/distributor and then sync everything to bnc.
Marco

Post by Marco »

The maxed out version 60 ins 60 out... This works right now. I don't know why, but it doesn't click and sounds natural good to me. I hope it keeps stable. I know it doesn't look nice now, but I clean up everything when configured.
Marco

Post by Marco »

I found out that you need for each of your spdif input you need a behringer src2496, this device makes it easy to connect what ever you like! Each format will be converted, even an analog converter in both directions works great. And the stupid spdif consumer shit works again. If you connect more than one spdif it succs because of the sync issue. I will now get a third one, each cost 60€ used ones.
Marco

Post by Marco »

An other view, the src2496 by behringer rescued my studios life.