Pro Tools 12

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

nextwave

Pro Tools 12

Post by nextwave »

Hi,

using Scope 5.1 2709-x64 + Pro Tools 12.
When i try to record audio in PT 12 there`s a grain effect after starting the record button and PT crashes.
I use this project.

Many thanks
Attachments
s.PNG
s.PNG (156.91 KiB) Viewed 2365 times
garyb

Re: Pro Tools 12

Post by garyb »

you have a feedback loop. playback from PT is going into channel 5 and then the direct out from channel 5 is going back into PT.

have you used hardware mixers before? the ASIO source is the output from PT. the ASIO destination is the input into PT. Scope behaves exactly like hardware...
nextwave

Post by nextwave »

garyb wrote:you have a feedback loop. playback from PT is going into channel 5 and then the direct out from channel 5 is going back into PT.

have you used hardware mixers before? the ASIO source is the output from PT. the ASIO destination is the input into PT. Scope behaves exactly like hardware...

Thanks.
I`ve never used hardware mixers before. I used Cubase before with this project and had no problems.
With this other project i can record in PT but the recorded audio file has no data.
Attachments
pt.PNG
pt.PNG (167.25 KiB) Viewed 2349 times
garyb

Post by garyb »

it depends on what you want to record.

basically, you want to identify the source of the audio you want to record and connect the ASIO dest to that source. if it's the card's analog inputs, which are on channel 1, then the direct output of channel 1 is where the ASIO dest needs to be connected to. as long as you have signal in the meter, it will record into PT. first, however, you need to be in PT and set the audio preferences to use Scope ASIO.

if you change projects, you must close PT first, and then open PT once the project has loaded. you can connect or disconnect the ASIO modules all that you like with PT open, but if you change the type of ASIO modules, or the number of channels, or if you reload the ASIO modules, you must close PT first.