Noah key file?

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

GordonGekko

Noah key file?

Post by GordonGekko »

How was it sent to Noah owners at the time? I'm searching through my emails, but can't find anything.. I see EDS8I and pro-one installed standalone but after installing the remote software, I can't see those appearing in the available devices of the remote software.. Any help appreciated
GordonGekko

Re: Noah key file?

Post by GordonGekko »

ah! found a 2005 mail from ralph with an allkeys.skf file attached that includes some Noah related keys :)
garyb

Post by garyb »

beware of using the remote software in an OS newer than XP. it does not work fully in newer operating systems. do NOT attempt any updates/upgrades in an OS newer than XP or osx 10.2!
valis

Post by valis »

Sounds like a driver issue. Has anyone tried using Virtualbox with XP, running on a newer OS?

Also, easy to find ancient XP compatible hardware, older Macs are incredibly useful for musicians to have lying around as well (when you're into having old hardware). I have both.
GordonGekko

Post by GordonGekko »

Yep good ol' XP, running on an ancient VAIO laptop. Still hunts!
Thanks guys
garyb

Post by garyb »

not a driver issue. it's an application issue.
some have used Virtualbox, some have used compatibility. some claim to have had success, some have bricked their synths...it's just a good idea to not mess around.
GordonGekko

Post by GordonGekko »

I won't. Ok so I dropped the eds8i oxe file on the PluginInstaller.exe, resynched the Noah and have a functional EDS8I. It didn't ask for any key.. I guess the key was synched with what was already in the box? the key icon of the synchronizer isn't lit though...
valis

Post by valis »

Thanks garyb.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

GordonGekko wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:02 am I won't. Ok so I dropped the eds8i oxe file on the PluginInstaller.exe, resynched the Noah and have a functional EDS8I. It didn't ask for any key.. I guess the key was synched with what was already in the box? the key icon of the synchronizer isn't lit though...
Just a question:

Do you possibly have Pro12 / Profit-5 installed ?
If yes,- does it provide "page 3" FX and/ or are it´s synth parameters editable via frontpanel controls on your Noah ?
I can edit other parameters like outputs and MIDI related, but when I try to enter the synth engine´s parameters, cursor jumps back to preset number and name in display.
In the editor, the Profit-5 GUI loads and works, but no page 3 FX like in other SCOPE application.

Profit-5 is the only problematic device being installed on my Noah EX,- all the other work perfect.

I got the idea the internal flash memory might be too small for all the devices available on S|C ftp server and deleted EDS8i because I don´t need it.
But it didn´t improve Profit-5 after I re-installed.

It´s not a activation key issue,- I have all the keys and a complete and working keyfile, registry etc..

:)

Bud
GordonGekko

Post by GordonGekko »

I'm not at home right now, but will try to answer as soon as I get back, peace
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

GordonGekko wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:32 am I'm not at home right now, but will try to answer as soon as I get back, peace
Good to know,- thank you.
Can´t wait ...

Edit:
I installed Noah Remote Editor on a laptop running WinXP SP3 and all went smooth.
All drivers,- incl. WAVE driver,- available now for the 1st time.
It was all about "ignore driver signing" and make that permanent system wide,- which I obviously forgot to do on the other machine I used for reflash and installed the editor too.

Now, using the laptop and once the editor ran,- I removed Profit-5 and installed Vectron via .oxe file.
Also Vectron provides it´s synth parameters (OSCs, Filter, ENVs etc.) for Noah frontpanel editing.

Then I re-installed Profit-5 via .oxe, used "Synchronizer" to synchronize and upload to Noah, switched off Noah and re-booted for device availability,- all in the hope for improvement.
But no,- Profit-5 is the only device NOT providing it´s synth parameters for Naoh frontpanel editing,- except audio-routings, FX send- and MIDI routing-/settings.
No access to OSCs, Filter, ENVs, LFOs etc..
Profit-5 for Noah is the only device you urgently need the Remote Editor for to make in depth edits or create presets from scratch.

Using the "Profit-5 additionals" and overwrite "IF" and "IF in OS", didn´t change anything.
These "additionals" are exactly the same files which are installed by the .oxe already.
No need to overwrite at all.

And,- all the factory-patches "00 - 64" are panned center in mixer and use Aux-FX while all patches "65-127" are panned hard right and dry.

Can you please double check and confirm ?

I guess, on S|C server hosted Profit- 5 for Noah is buggy and the files in the "additionals" zip-file are as well.
All the other devices work as expected.

When the Profit-5 on your Noah behaves different,- do you have a backup of your installation file (.oxe) and are willing to share ?

thx

Bud
GordonGekko

Post by GordonGekko »

If I get you right, your problem is that you can’t edit the profit-5 synth params through the front panel of the Noah?
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

GordonGekko wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:32 pm If I get you right, your problem is that you can’t edit the profit-5 synth params through the front panel of the Noah?
Yes, exactly !
When you have a preset loaded and press the EDIT button on Noah frontpanel,- in the bottom row of the display, you usually see a menue w/ 4 entries,- each one of the entries related to one of the 4 rotary push-button-encoders.
The most left entry reads "Prophet 5" and that´s where you normally enter the Profit-5´s synth parameters.
So, when the cursor points on that entry and you push the rotary-encoder OR use the ENTER button instead,- in both cases the curser jumps back to the preset´s number/name in display top row.
No access to synth parameters menue´s !

The other synths´ / devices´ edit routines are identical and work as expected,- only Profit-5 doesn´t.
I use latest OS available for Noah EX and Noah Remote Editor software version 1.1.
Editing Profit-5 via it´s GUI in editor works, program changes and parameter transfers work bi-directional,- so the editor itself is fine, drivers too.

I wonder if provided "nokeysProfit-5.oxe" is buggy, incomplete or corrupted.
And it cannot be fixed by using the "Profit-5 additionals" files coming with the "nokeys.oxe" collection for Noah(EX).

And plz take cans or connect to speakers, select any factory bank´s patch above Prg.-No. 64 and double check if the audio is panned hard right and signal is dry.
That can be fixed by editing the Noah mixer channel to Pan = Center, assign master FX, adjust send/return and re-save (overwrite) patch,- this for each of the presets 65 -127.
A bit cumbersome though.

The Noah devices are somewhat special.
In opposite to the usual SCOPE devices, they don´t come w/ their local FX page,- they use the Noah´s master FX (Chorus, Delay, Reverb) instead.
Means, it´s not possible using a Scope version Profit-5.oxe to install on Noah and presets being created p.ex. on Scope PCI and/or XITE aren´t compatible.

I wonder if there ever was a Creamware "Profit-5 for Noah" update and a user might have stocked his old Creamware email and .oxe file because that was an optional device at that time.

thx in advance for help,-

Bud

P.S.:

@Valis / Gary

it might make sense moving this thread to the Noah forum here @PlanetZ
The Noah machine is so cool,- and this is the very last issue left over.
GordonGekko

Post by GordonGekko »

Ok. I’m afraid I won’t be able to help as the display on my Noah is flickering like mad, to the point where it is unusable.. I solely rely on its remote software to do anything.
valis

Post by valis »

Replace it.
GordonGekko

Post by GordonGekko »

Nah, i don’t need it
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

GordonGekko wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:58 am Ok. I’m afraid I won’t be able to help as the display on my Noah is flickering like mad, to the point where it is unusable.. I solely rely on its remote software to do anything.
bummer ! :-?

Is it so bad you cannot place the cursor to "Profit-5" entry in bottom line of display after pressing EDIT, then push the encoder or enter and watch cursor jumping up to preset number (or opens Prophet edit menue ?) ?

:wink:

Bud
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

There's a Facebook group that might help advise you on a replacement display, worth a look anyway I think.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/music.g ... retrofits/
GordonGekko

Post by GordonGekko »

Thank you t_tangent :) bud, I’ll see what I can do soon, even though there are 20 cursors jumping up and down in there :wink:
astroman

Post by astroman »

These displays usually have 2 lines of conductive rubber contacts at both long sides.
A metal frame holds it down by bended parts with a small angle on the backside (the more you bend, the more pressure).
This frame may get loose over time and/or some dirt or corrosion crept in.
You may unbend the metal and remove the frame from the circuit board, clean contacts with pure alcohol and then reassemble the thing.
Make a photo or diagram of the bends in original state so you know the proper direction later.

If you press on the display in current state and the pattern changes, there‘s a high probability that the contacts are causing the trouble. Of course the NOAH must be on and the display cover removed. Protect the glas from fingertips.