Samplitude Pro X3 Suite/XITE Scope problem

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

krizrox

Samplitude Pro X3 Suite/XITE Scope problem

Post by krizrox »

Not sure if this is the right place for this thread but thought I'd start here

Are there any Samplitude users around here that have upgraded to X3? I upgraded yesterday and had an immediate problem. X3 is not recognizing my Scope ASIO drivers. I can't get past the install/configuration process. I get a error message saying something to the effect that Sampltide can't find any ASIO drivers or they weren't loaded in the Scope project.

Samp X2 works fine. In fact I installed Reaper (just as a test) and that worked fine too. I assume it's an X3 bug but wanted to see if anyone might have been successful in installing and using X3. That might shed some light on all this.

Magix has been contacted and I am waiting for a response from them too. Could be a while though lol

Thanks
ronnie

Re: Samplitude Pro X3 Suite/XITE Scope problem

Post by ronnie »

Try VoiceMeeter. It solves a lot of ASIO issues with DAWS, Native and Scope.
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
garyb

Post by garyb »

before starting Samplitude, right click on the sam icon and choose "properties".
on the compatibility tab, check the box to run in compatibility mode and choose win7 or win8.
it should work normally after.

-gary
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

garyb wrote:before starting Samplitude, right click on the sam icon and choose "properties".
on the compatibility tab, check the box to run in compatibility mode and choose win7 or win8.
it should work normally after.

-gary
That actually worked. Umm.... how did you know to try that? lolol I mean... why did Reaper install and work without me having to do that? Even Samp X2 worked OK.

Anyway.... it worked! Thanks Gary!
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

Never mind Gary. Ironically, after having done this, I went to the Magix/Samplitude user forum and within seconds found a thread already devoted to this exact same problem. The solution posted there is exactly what you described. Don't know how I missed it before - guess I wasn't thinking or forgot to do a search over there. Anyway... that seemed to have solved the problem for XITE users over there. Thanks again
dawman

Post by dawman »

Nothing escapes the eye of GaryB.

I was bitchin' about how I couldn't learn songs from a YouTube list as I like to play along on synths and samplers trying to cop the sounds too.
GaryB said try 44.1k as the project sample rate...

Problem solved.

He's a trained professional in the highest order.
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Hey Gary, waiting for your warm and fuzzy " :D ", that is the happy ending to many a thread!
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

lolol yeah it's never really finished until we get a GaryB happy face. :lol:
garyb

Post by garyb »

:D