[resolved] Notion 6.1 crash with scope !

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

JoPo

Re: Notion 6.1 crash with scope !

Post by JoPo »

But notion 6.0 works and 6.1 doesn't ??

Is n't asio a standard ?
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Use VM and don't unload the ASIO driver in the background... that defeats VM as multi-client.
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Use VM and don't unload the ASIO driver in the background... that defeats VM as multi-client. This sounds like the snarky PortAudio ASIO issue.
Last edited by ronnie on Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
garyb

Post by garyb »

JoPo, it's a protocol.
unfortunately, many programmers are using options to set up the soundcard. since Scope cards aren't soundcards, but can be used as soundcards, they cannot communicate with the app in this way. it's the same reason that there's no control panel for the Scope card in the sequencer. unfortunately, the coders sometimes just assume that every will use a windows soundcard. it would be pretty easy to write the program so that if it could not set up the soundcard, it would time out and skip that function, but instead it just causes an error and the app ignores the driver.

i think the whole situation is pretty shitty, and it's definitely the fault of the program's writers, who take the attitude that any hardware which does not work in the way that would be best for the most amateur of amateurs is defective. the Scope cards are 100% ASIO compliant. it's the apps that won't work with any hardware not calculated and controlled by the CPU.

this never used to happen. for the app to setup the soundcard automatically takes extra programming, which isn't necessary to the correct operation of the app/driver/hardware communication. it's strictly about selling units to the most casual hobbyists. that's fine, but it drags everyone else down to that basic level of toyland and really limits options. of course, this only would matter to someone who was really interested in audio and interfacing audio and computers.
babaorum

Post by babaorum »

JoPo wrote:But notion 6.0 works and 6.1 doesn't ??

Is n't asio a standard ?
No, Notion 5 worked very well with ASIO Scope and since v6 it doesn't ...
Sonic Core Luna II + Pulsar II scope v5.1.2709-x64, Cubase 9.0.20 (64), Pro Tools 12.7, Wavelab element 9 (64), windows 8.1 pro (64), Asus P6T 18Go RAM core i7 920, SSL Duende Native - Lexicon PCM Reverb Bundle - Waves - Sonnox
babaorum

Post by babaorum »

ronnie wrote:Use VM and don't unload the ASIO driver in the background... that defeats VM as multi-client.
YES !!!! It works fine with VM, in rewire mode , I left Cubase with ASIO SCOPE drivers and put Notion with the VM drivers and
this morning it works in rewire mode !!!
Thanks a lot for your solution !
GREAT ! :)
Sonic Core Luna II + Pulsar II scope v5.1.2709-x64, Cubase 9.0.20 (64), Pro Tools 12.7, Wavelab element 9 (64), windows 8.1 pro (64), Asus P6T 18Go RAM core i7 920, SSL Duende Native - Lexicon PCM Reverb Bundle - Waves - Sonnox
garyb

Re: [resolved] Notion 6.1 crash with scope !

Post by garyb »

i'm glad you were able to make it work!
ronnie

Re: [resolved] Notion 6.1 crash with scope !

Post by ronnie »

To quote garyb. " :D "